Sponsored by:

Remote Bass Knob Location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 02:06 PM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507 Edition Sedan - Mars Red
Remote Bass Knob Location

I just installed a JL Audio M-RBC-1 remote bass control knob on the center console. I think it turned out rather clean. I searched on these forums for ideas but didn’t like any of the locations others chose - This isn’t a DIY but rather sharing my pics to give others the idea if they want to do the same.

Also there is another post on these forums that show this knob located right below the gear indicator but I noticed that the AMG models may not allow that as the driving mode knob at the top seems to crowd the entire back side of this bezel.

Clean and seamless look.

Not too obvious. And I can move seat back and forth all the way and it doesn’t hit the knob.

This location was perfect to drill. Location doesn’t interfere with anything like wires and doesn't interfere with the gear column cover closing completely.

Everything apart.

JL Remote Bass Control

My setup is JL Audio JX500 amp and a 12” 12W3v3 sub tapped into the factory Harmon Kardon system.

Cheers
Old 12-07-2020, 12:40 PM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
'12 P31 C63 coupe
Looks clean! Do you have pics of your sub/amp setup? Also, did you get a line out converter to convert the signal into your JX500?
Old 12-07-2020, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by magictoilet
Looks clean! Do you have pics of your sub/amp setup? Also, did you get a line out converter to convert the signal into your JX500?
thanks. Yea I used a line out converter tapped into rear sub wires by drivers side back seat.

It sounds good and the remote bass really lets me control on the fly as I listen to allot of metal and rap so the bass changes frequently.

I really wanted something more inconspicuous but oh well. A 12” sub really can’t be hidden anywhere without removing the spare.

Amp is the Silver box in between rear seat release handles

Ignore the messy wires. the remote knob install was after my originally install and I still need to do cable management

Another angle

Tried to hide and route cables as much as I could
Old 12-09-2020, 01:11 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
this place is a joke
i hid mine in the ashtray as i dont smoke so i can hide it with the retractible cover so you dont even see it
Old 12-09-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by icon420
i hid mine in the ashtray as i dont smoke so i can hide it with the retractible cover so you dont even see it
Do you have any pics? That was my original desired location, but when I had everything apart I realized there wasn't enough room on the back side of it to accommodate the Knob. The damage is done - holes have been drilled, so I won't be moving the location now obviously... But just curious how you set it up.

Old 12-10-2020, 01:49 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
this place is a joke
i dont sorry but its mounted at the front of the ashtray so the cover can retract over it and hide it super clean and nice dont even know its there