Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EightySixTuned/Hachiroku Tune Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2021 | 02:22 AM

C63 AMG W204
EightySixTuned/Hachiroku Tune Review

Hey guys. Just wanted to share my tuning experience with Hachiroku (Barry).

When I first got my C63 2 months ago, I remember thinking that it just didn't feel that fast, and the shifts were laggy and slipped. For the shifts, it was bad enough that I was worried the clutchpacks were going out.

Fast forward a little bit, I had bought an oil cooler from PeterA90. We were texting, and he threw out that the tune he got from Barry was amazing, since I mentioned I was thinking of getting a tune. He also mentioned that the tunes he tried either didn't shift well, or barely felt much faster. That was enough for me to give Barry a try. I proceeded to buy a laptop, the HPTuners unit, and the tune from Barry himself.

The basemap blew my mind. The shifts were much quicker (it is likely the previous owner had a bad tune), manual mode was much more quicker and intuitive/fun to use, and shift modes in all modes were much better programmed and more intuitive. The power...was a huge difference. The car now felt much more fun to drive. The throttle response was much quicker, feels more like cable throttle and not artificially laggy like oem. Also, the exhaust note is a little louder, especially on cold starts and throttle blips.

Barry would proceed to give me revisions and continue to fine tune the map through datalogging. The process was seamless. Barry is excellent with answering questions, and does so throughly.

Eventually, I ended up with two tunes. The first is the Sport tune, which Barry describes as "how the car should have come from the factory". The second tune is the one I'm currently using, called the Hammer tune. It is basically the Sport tune, but with more aggressive power delivery. This is my personal favorite, especially as I plan on tracking the car, and want nothing holding me back.

Im summary, this tune was worth every penny for me. The performance difference is huge. Also, just that peace of mind knowing that the car is tuned perfectly through extensive datalogging as well.
The following 10 users liked this post by kt411gcn:
BalanBro (05-14-2021), Cammer88 (05-14-2021), dcpatters (05-14-2021), doncmleon (05-15-2021), ghh923 (05-14-2021), hachiroku (05-14-2021), mcderpa (05-17-2021), QuartzBlueP31 (05-14-2021), Saurabh914 (05-15-2021), Slow_c63 (05-14-2021) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-14-2021 | 09:11 AM

2012 C63 P31 Sedan
Thanks for the detailed response! I just purchased his tuning service last week, and am waiting on my MPVI2 to arrive. Really looking forward to the drivability improvements over my current tune.
Old 05-14-2021 | 01:15 PM

W204 C63
Originally Posted by kt411gcn
Hey guys. Just wanted to share my tuning experience with Hachiroku (Barry).

When I first got my C63 2 months ago, I remember thinking that it just didn't feel that fast, and the shifts were laggy and slipped. For the shifts, it was bad enough that I was worried the clutchpacks were going out.

Fast forward a little bit, I had bought an oil cooler from PeterA90. We were texting, and he threw out that the tune he got from Barry was amazing, since I mentioned I was thinking of getting a tune. He also mentioned that the tunes he tried either didn't shift well, or barely felt much faster. That was enough for me to give Barry a try. I proceeded to buy a laptop, the HPTuners unit, and the tune from Barry himself.

The basemap blew my mind. The shifts were much quicker (it is likely the previous owner had a bad tune), manual mode was much more quicker and intuitive/fun to use, and shift modes in all modes were much better programmed and more intuitive. The power...was a huge difference. The car now felt much more fun to drive. The throttle response was much quicker, feels more like cable throttle and not artificially laggy like oem. Also, the exhaust note is a little louder, especially on cold starts and throttle blips.

Barry would proceed to give me revisions and continue to fine tune the map through datalogging. The process was seamless. Barry is excellent with answering questions, and does so throughly.

Eventually, I ended up with two tunes. The first is the Sport tune, which Barry describes as "how the car should have come from the factory". The second tune is the one I'm currently using, called the Hammer tune. It is basically the Sport tune, but with more aggressive power delivery. This is my personal favorite, especially as I plan on tracking the car, and want nothing holding me back.

Im summary, this tune was worth every penny for me. The performance difference is huge. Also, just that peace of mind knowing that the car is tuned perfectly through extensive datalogging as well.
How much was it and how do I acquire?
Old 05-14-2021 | 01:27 PM

B5S4, 2013 P31 C63
Originally Posted by CryptoJack
You have to pull pieces from a few different places, but around $2k all in IIRC. Just sent him my factory tune last night and most everything has gone seamlessly so far for me. I'm probably less fluent in this process than a lot of folks here, admittedly, but Barry's directions have been good and his responses quick and helpful. This is a very personalized service.
Old 05-14-2021 | 03:40 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Thank you @kt411gcn ! Let us know how your upcoming road race track day turns out for you!

Originally Posted by CryptoJack
Hi @CryptoJack ,
Feel free to proceed to our website, https://www.eightysixtuned.com or our sale thread on this forum for further information.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ysixtuned.html

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
The following users liked this post:
doncmleon (05-15-2021)