Recommendations on Houston Area Trustworthy Shops

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 01:13 AM

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
C63 AMG
Recommendations on Houston Area Trustworthy Shops

Hi all,
I'm looking for a good, honest, quality shop that can do some aftermarket work on a my FL C63.
I've got a decent mechanic who I trust to do the like-for-like replacements & oil changes and such, but they don't want to touch aftermarket stuff.

My list of things isn't huge at the moment, but I'm currently looking for someone who can do a
-CF driveshaft install
-wavetrac LSD install
-and want to chat with someone who's actually done a (ESS) supercharger install for our cars.

All I keep getting is generic advice (go ask your tuner) or a 30 second conversation with someone I wouldn't trust to wash the car, let alone play with the internals.
I'm not looking to turn mine into the next Dads/Mort/Jasonoff/BLKROKT/etc track rat super-mod, but the little things like the potential housing issue with the Wavetrac or such should be something well known to more than me as I drop the car off and it disappears for a week while some intern pulls out the blow torch & hammer....

Can anyone offer either some personal recommendations on experienced trustworthy shops in/around Houston, or conversely places you'd recommend I really read up on and make an informed decision about before stepping foot in the door to?

Bonus points for a Houston local who's been tuned by Barry that I can compare against an EC v5 tune.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-14-2022, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Bump.
Old 06-15-2022, 11:54 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
AMG C63
https://www.instagram.com/boostedc63/

Not really a fan on the Ken Block media thing but this is a person you could consider reaching out to through instagram.

He seems to have built his car in the similar fashion and style you're looking for without just going the standard weistec blower route.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:58 PM

Received 236 Likes on 158 Posts

Last edited by MBNRG; 10-07-2022 at 02:54 PM.