C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 Black Series - Brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 10:32 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series, 2003 Hummer H1 KSC2, 2003 Hummer H1 HMCO, 1997 Hummer H1 HMC4, 1969 Jaguar E
C63 Black Series - Brakes

Good afternoon all.
I had a family emergency which required me to drive from NC to NY in my C63BS. (PS- NY, your roads are f**k-all)
I just rolled 20k miles
Over the past couple days I noticed a squeal coming from what sounds like rear passenger side. The squeal is present while driving and coasting and will go away with braking. It has also increase in volume over the past 2 days.
This makes me think the pads are getting low but not sure if these have that metal tab that causes that warning squeal or if I am over looking another potential issue. Visually there looks to be some meat left but can only see outer pad. Obviously, Im no where near my shop or tools and unfortunately my sisters house does not even have a floor jack let alone tools so I apologize for asking these questions with out further diagnosis on my part.

I have a few additional questions:
- Do the BS have a wear sensor that would notify me of pad wear?
- Would it be odd that the rear has worn faster then fronts? Fronts have a good amount of pad left.
- If this is a worn part then do you think I should go ahead and replace pads and rotors while in there to reset the clock?
- Is FCP still the go-to for these parts?

I really appreciate your help.

Old 09-01-2021, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 395 Likes on 267 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Sounds like a rock or something has wedged in between the of and rotor or else you have another potential issue. Worn brakes should only squeal if you are applying them. If you can pinpoint the side for sure maybe take the wheel off and rotate it by hand and see if and where the noise is coming from might help you pinpoint the issue.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
The car does have pad wear sensors on the right front and rear. They turn on a warning message on the dash but don't have an audible warning.

Sounds like you need to do a visual inspection as suggested by deadlyvt.
Old 09-02-2021, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 470 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
I would agree it sounds like a stone or debris has gotten into the pad, not like the old days with the piece of metal that just squeals when you get low, you will get a brake wear sensor message in the cluster when the wear sensor hits the disc which it sounds like you don't have.

Also to answer you second question, FCP has rotors for the black series with their warranty but they do not have OEM, they have the brembo true 2 piece rotors for about half the OEM price in the right size (390mm) and they have the zimmerman rears in the correct size (360mm) and pads both OEM and aftermarket.