C63 code 1208 strange noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C63
C63 code 1208 strange noise

Hello all ,
I am a happy new owner of the W204 C63 from 2009, I have just rebuilt the car after a collision with a deer and I have a problem with the engine code 1208
, the car idles unevenly, everything is ok while driving, it seems to me that the power is as it should, it displays a check engine and after resetting the error, it reappears, in addition, it makes a strange high sound, I send two videos of the engine's operation and connection to the computer, is it good for me to replace the camshaft position sensor ?? regards

Last edited by Alf007; 09-05-2021 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 689 Likes on 469 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Do you know the history and if anything like the camshaft position sensor housing has been off the car? Generally those errors mean something is incorrect with the camshaft adjuster or sensor, could be a few things from the cam adjuster being bad (does it rattle a lot?) to the sensor or solenoid or wiring of those 2 things on the front of the engine which could have been damages.

I actually had that code one when I had the camshafter adjuster cover off, the camshaft position rings have some rings on them like piston rings that separate the oil passages and when I put the cam adjuster cover back on the little rings moved out of their grove and both rings went into the center grove where the oil is fed and gave the error. Just had to pull it off and move the rings to their correct groves.

If it was in a front end collision I would take a look at working around that cam adjuster sensor and solenoid for damage though, that is the most likely thing that would cause that error and that could be damaged from outside the engine.