Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTH Mid-pipe Resonator Sealing Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2021 | 04:07 PM

2012 C63 AMG
LTH Mid-pipe Resonator Sealing Problem

Hello everyone. I’ve looked around the forum to see if anyone has mentioned this problem with our exhaust system when it has been upgraded with long tube headers. FI LTH/Mid Pipes to be exact. So far I’ve not found it.
I’m experiencing a problem with the FI long tube headers mid pipes to factory resonator connection. On the left bank (driver’s side), the mid pipe tapers down too much where the donut cannot seal against it to go into the resonator’s opening to be clamp down for a good seal. The right passenger side fits right up.

I want to keep the stock resonator and mufflers. I’ve seen similar set ups on YouTube but no one has mentioned this issue yet. I’ve read about other exhaust leaks but this is a major one. I don’t think I can remedy this with high temp sealant. If anyone has experienced this issue, please let me know.

I thought about replacing the resonator with a SuperSprint H pipe but I don’t want a lot of cuts and welds incase I need to return the exhaust system back to stock. Thank you in advance.