Weistec M156 tune + drop in Stance Lab/Brabus filters user experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 02:05 AM

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 Mercedes C63 AMG
Weistec M156 tune + drop in Stance Lab/Brabus filters user experience

Hi there all,

Thanks to you all for providing a great resource for aftermarket knowledge on our cars. After doing research on different tunes, I landed on the M156 tune from Weistec. I also opted for Stance lab/Brabus wet drop in filters. Besides some cosmetic mods, wheels, and KW V3 coilovers and 2018 CF steering wheel on order, I have no engine mods prior to today.

I have a non-P31 facelift 2012 with LSD. So far I can tell that even in comfort mode, the breathability and throttle response is improved. The car feels more urgent in every mode compared to stock. I have no baseline dynos but the seat of the pants dyno says the car feels faster at all rpms. In terms of feel, the car seems like it has more torque down low in the higher gears and doesn’t need to downshift as much on higher speeds on the freeway. In terms of sound, the car seems like it became quieter. Oddly, there isn’t a bark anymore from the 5th to 4th gear downshift like there used to be, and although I miss it, the power increase is definitely there in every gear. The burble from 3rd to 2nd coming to a stop is still there in S+.

Has anyone had the same experience going from stock? If I got headers will that bark return? If possible I’d love to have a bark in every gear while downshifting. Anyone know how to get that short or getting LTH? What has your experience been with the Weistec tune and/or filters? Would love to hear your experiences with this tune.

So far I love the weistec stage 1 tune and filter mod and I will be putting 1000+ miles on the car this weekend driving to LA. Will report back.

Shout out to the MBWorld community and Wilson at Stance Lab and Weistec for providing first class service and adding more fun to an already fun and fast car.
Old 04-12-2022, 02:07 AM

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 Mercedes C63 AMG

Old 04-12-2022, 05:23 AM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
the Weistec tune is the softest/mildest of all tunes out there from what I've been told.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 04-12-2022, 01:13 PM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 C63
Originally Posted by hachiroku
the Weistec tune is the softest/mildest of all tunes out there from what I've been told.
How about the Renntech tune?
Old 04-12-2022, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 277 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by skullbox15
How about the Renntech tune?
For that price, might as well get a Brabus tune (sarcasm). Barry ^^ would be your best bet to fine tune to exactly what you are looking for, Eurocharged is also another option. Off the shelf tunes like Eurocharged, Weistec, OETuning, Renntech, you kinda get what you pay for. They are all very similar.
Old 04-12-2022, 02:25 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
AMG C63
Originally Posted by INS1GNIA
For that price, might as well get a Brabus tune (sarcasm). Barry ^^ would be your best bet to fine tune to exactly what you are looking for, Eurocharged is also another option. Off the shelf tunes like Eurocharged, Weistec, OETuning, Renntech, you kinda get what you pay for. They are all very similar.
Wonder how different the tunes between their off the shelf and in house tuning is, if they even offer that option.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:30 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
whose in house tuning?

regarding Renntech, theirs is the smoothest while still adding power though not the fastest. a step above Wiestec's tune thats for sure.

i'm obviously bias, but factual in that our tunes are the absolute best as since they're custom built for each and every customer from the ground up. feel free to check out our instagram for dyno sheets.

Old 04-13-2022, 06:41 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
AMG C63
Originally Posted by hachiroku
whose in house tuning?

regarding Renntech, theirs is the smoothest while still adding power though not the fastest. a step above Wiestec's tune thats for sure.

i'm obviously bias, but factual in that our tunes are the absolute best as since they're custom built for each and every customer from the ground up. feel free to check out our instagram for dyno sheets.
Weistec or Renntech.

Naturally "off the shelf" tuning feels like a situation where a blanketed tune could possibly end up in a rough situation by accident of course. Detail orientation is certainly necessary in keeping a car running long and well.

I was curious if they did it in the same manner as you in a situation where you actually took your car and dropped it off at their facility but from what I can infer from your post it would seem as though they seem to have an orientation that they stick to regardless of shelf or in house?
Old 04-13-2022, 06:56 PM
SPONSOR

2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
can't speak for their tuning practices but the tunes we offer have been developed over 1.5 years and 35k miles before offering our first tune to the public. stack that with the huge database of datalogs from our customers in various states of configuration, we simply cannot be beat in terms of data acquisition regarding the M156 or M159 engines.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:03 PM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 C63
Regarding off the shelf tunes and the M156 is a C63... I assumed they are basically removing the De-tune our cars have from the factory to bring them up to an M156 from an SL or S class which has the higher numbers for the M156. Maybe adding a little more elbow grease on top of that? The claimed HP seems to be all speculation. I'd love to see someone do some dyno runs with tunes from various vendors on the same car to see how they actually shake out. I'm surprised nobody has done that at this point.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:07 PM

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
If an owner on another car forum I frequent alludes to gains and they don't have a before and after dyno sheet using very particular settings and a particular dyno type nobody gives a darn about those "gains". They also quickly regret posting lol.

hachiroku certainly seems to have all his ducks in a row and if the day comes I decide to tune it will definitely be with him.

Last edited by lo-fi; 04-14-2022 at 08:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
hachiroku (04-14-2022)