Sponsored by:

Idle noise around oil cap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 coupe
Idle noise around oil cap

Hello all, I have replaced my adjusters with 63motorsports stage II and replaced all the buckets, the camshaft wasn’t touched because my mechanic told me they are in good shape.

The problem right now is after the fix, the car will still make some rattle noise during start ups. The noise does sound better though but it is definitely still there. I contacted 63 Motorsport and they told me this is not normal. Did anyone had the same issue?

Also when the car is idling, I can hear some kind of metal noise going on around the oil cap. It is always there before and after the fix. My phone can’t capture it but it sounds like gears.(Maybe adjuster won’t put in there correctly?)

If there were duplicate threads I apologize. I did some research and can’t find anything similar to my situation. Any inputs will help.

Eric

Old 07-21-2022, 05:02 PM

2013 C63 coupe
Also for the rattle noise before and after I have two video clips. They are both filmed badly but both captured the sound

before:

After:

Old 07-21-2022, 07:03 PM

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
That sounds like the adjusters. Your tech needs to go back in there and figure it out.
Old 07-22-2022, 03:58 PM

2013 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by AMGSIXTHREE
That sounds like the adjusters. Your tech needs to go back in there and figure it out.
I see thanks for the input. The car has been running around 9000 miles(I did a road trip after the fix). I will probably bring it back, hopefully nothing big.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:35 PM

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Eric. T.
I see thanks for the input. The car has been running around 9000 miles(I did a road trip after the fix). I will probably bring it back, hopefully nothing big.
Actually dude I had only watched the first video. Just saw that there was an 'after.'
It sounds much better in the second one but I would still bring it back to your guy and let him have a listen.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:37 PM

2013 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by AMGSIXTHREE
Actually dude I had only watched the first video. Just saw that there was an 'after.'
It sounds much better in the second one but I would still bring it back to your guy and let him have a listen.

haha ok, thanks for clarifying that; first one is pretty clear the adjuster is dying. Have a nice day!