Sponsored by:

55 Tech Motors PFL/Facelift 507 Grill Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 07:08 AM

Received 109 Likes on 50 Posts
C63
55 Tech Motors PFL/Facelift 507 Grill Review

Not in my fashion to write reviews. However, it would be a crime if I didn't since this one exceeded my expectations. Your search ends here my PFL peeps who have been casting around for a decent quality facelift grill. No RTV, modifying, or anything in between

It should be known that my steed is chrome deleted from its nose to tail. With that being said I was led to believe my love for chrome was nonexistent until I crossed paths with a 507 and suddenly felt my glossy black PFL was as dry as dust. Bamboozling how a chrome star/ fins can completely change the dynamic. Although the facelift grill doesn't contour around the factory PFL bumper and headlights in such a way the factory grill naturally does it most certainly breaks from the past. We can agree to disagree until we're all blue in the face, but I reckon the 507 design is easier on the eyes on a facelift frame in place of a PFL grill.

In pursuit of a 507-style grill, it came to my attention that most vendors were not interested in carrying out my request to accommodate preface lift models. However, once conveying the 507-style grill to Jason @55tech I had his curiosity, eventually his attention, and the grill at my fingertips less than a week in one piece, not pieces. I've learned early on that the best way to dodge disappointment is to never have high expectations and in the end, you ultimately get what you pay for. Well without saying too much, I got more grill than I bargained for. Steller packing, paint, assembly, and not to mention direct fitment snug like a glove; dare I say fit better than my factory grill. Nearly creamed my jeans. Best way to contact Jason is through email in the link below. Going forward this option is now listed on 55 Tech Motors as "Black frame with chrome center fin and star"

W204 C63 AMG Grille 2008~2011 (C63 AMG ONLY) – 55tech Motors

Glossy Black Factory PFL Grill

55 Tech Motors Black Frame With Chrome Center Fin And Star (Current)

The following 2 users liked this post by N I L:
AMGSPY (07-25-2022), Cammer88 (07-25-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 01:15 PM

Received 98 Likes on 62 Posts
C63
I put the same one on my just before I sold it. Fit was perfect!