2010 C63, updates done at dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
2010 C63, updates done at dealer

So, I remember how elusive the thread about updates was and how one person got them done and nobody was able to confirm that the transmission updates exist, etc.
then you guys may recall my posting after bumping into the AMG technician by luck at one of the dealerships which is local to me.
He said that the updates address the shifting and especially the traction control, which, according to him "transform" the behavior of the car.
Well, I was able today to stand and watch my car being updated, took more than a hour.
I don't have a list yet, as this was something that a friend helped me to get done.
At this time it's all 100% subjective.
Feels like traction control is pulling less power when starting at a light in C.
I will follow up about shifting and hopefully I will get the info regarding the name and number of updates done.
The following users liked this post:
swedepat (08-16-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Quick update: The advisor said that the Engine ECU was up to date, I told them from the get go to focus on Engine, Transmission and Traction Control.

I am still subjectively feeling the changes in behavior. When starting at a light in C, normally it would start very smooth and feed the power in very gradually. Which means that the traction control weeded out a large chunk of torque and feed it back in very cautiously later.
I think there is a lot less caution now. As soon as the car starts to move, it starts to press me in the seat. And I don't have good tires at this point.
I did a small amount of driving in Sport too and it seems to hang on to the gear both up and down the RPM more.
The manual shifting at low RPM didn't seem faster, or I am too used to the GLA45 dual clutch.
The manual shifting under heavy acceleration, I can say drops no more than 500 RPM. But I really didn't pay attention before. I was clicking up at 4500 RPM and it never dropped below 4000 every time, regardless of the gear.
We shall see when the advisor will send me the list of the updates. I may have to physically show up there and take screen pictures of whatever was done.
I was trying to use Xentry to get a print out of the versions of every software in the car, but I could not find access to such a feature.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:00 AM
SPONSOR

Received 855 Likes on 663 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Vladds
Quick update: The advisor said that the Engine ECU was up to date, I told them from the get go to focus on Engine, Transmission and Traction Control.

I am still subjectively feeling the changes in behavior. When starting at a light in C, normally it would start very smooth and feed the power in very gradually. Which means that the traction control weeded out a large chunk of torque and feed it back in very cautiously later.
I think there is a lot less caution now. As soon as the car starts to move, it starts to press me in the seat. And I don't have good tires at this point.
I did a small amount of driving in Sport too and it seems to hang on to the gear both up and down the RPM more.
The manual shifting at low RPM didn't seem faster, or I am too used to the GLA45 dual clutch.
The manual shifting under heavy acceleration, I can say drops no more than 500 RPM. But I really didn't pay attention before. I was clicking up at 4500 RPM and it never dropped below 4000 every time, regardless of the gear.
We shall see when the advisor will send me the list of the updates. I may have to physically show up there and take screen pictures of whatever was done.
I was trying to use Xentry to get a print out of the versions of every software in the car, but I could not find access to such a feature.

I do this updates, they are free for members

for the same money that you paid xentry + now the dealer, and it's not over probably
you could have gotten the lifetime membership and a real serious install, not some chinese or so

to print out all softwares you have to go to one module then use Contol Unit Log
fill in 1 (only the complaint line) as complaint and print to pdf

Last edited by BenzNinja; 08-17-2022 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-18-2022, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 2019 GLA45
Thanks for the information regarding the log.
This is nice that you want to do the updates free for board members, I'm guessing on a subscription base.
The xentry I did not buy for this specific job, it has done a lot for me throughout the years.
Which doesn't mean that there's no room for me to learn anytime.

The install of the updates was as serios as it gets, with coding officially at the dealer.

If by "It's not over probably" you mean gear change threshold teach-in, I wonder how you would do those remotely.
I will have no problem doing them with my Xentry, BTW.

Old 08-18-2022, 05:14 PM
SPONSOR

Received 855 Likes on 663 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Vladds
Thanks for the information regarding the log.
This is nice that you want to do the updates free for board members, I'm guessing on a subscription base.
The xentry I did not buy for this specific job, it has done a lot for me throughout the years.
Which doesn't mean that there's no room for me to learn anytime.

The install of the updates was as serios as it gets, with coding officially at the dealer.

If by "It's not over probably" you mean gear change threshold teach-in, I wonder how you would do those remotely.
I will have no problem doing them with my Xentry, BTW.
BenzNinja Members
it's one-time payment no subscription lifetime