Crashed and totaled - buy back?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63
Crashed and totaled - buy back?

Howdy!
Wanting to get some advice on what to do about my C63 that was involved in a wreck.
Some context - guy merged into me on the highway pushing me into a barricade. He assumed full liability and I took my car into the shop to get the damage assessment. After a few weeks of back and forth with the insurance company and the auto shop, they finally deemed it a total loss.
Reason being, they found ‘Structural damage’ on the front right strut tower. The shop I sent it to only does OEM replacement which I had done strategically to get the most $$$ for my claim (since it was on his insurance).
The damage seems very minor to me and very fixable on a budget.
the question I have is, do y’all think it’s worth a buy back? Insurance is going to write a ~$31k check for the total loss of the vehicle, but I can purchase the vehicle back for only $7k.
the picture are below of the damage.

some side notes - I have a spare set of brand new after market headlights sitting in my house that I was going to put on, but never got around to it.
I also have a spare set of wheels that I can put on it if I do buy it back.
and the biggest part that is making me want to buy the car back, is I bought a pair of ARH LTH that were scheduled to be installed 3 days after the wreck occurred….

Vehicle details: 2013 C63 - non P31, has basic bolt ons (E85 flex fuel, tune, secondary cat/resonator delete)