C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M156 intake manifold map sensor port picture

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2024 | 07:53 AM

M156 intake manifold map sensor port picture

If anyone has a m156 intake laying around that can remove the map sensor from the front right corner and shoot me a I picture of the hole/port in which it enters the manifold I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance
Old 09-29-2024 | 01:30 PM

I am in the process of replacing my M156 intake (due to corrosion) , here are some photos:

Old M156 manifold from 2007 ML63

New M156 manifold.

Side Note: I have encountered an issue with the new manifold after installation, I was getting a CEL with P0106 B28 error code, implausible pressure.
I removed the MAP sensor, hooked it up a large syringe , and pulled a vacuum on it while running a scan tool, pressures changes seemed OK. I then used that same large
syringe to check if air freely moved in/out of the MAP port. It moved freely in the old manifold, but it is blocked in the new manifold. That explained my B28 code..

Syringe used to test MAP sensor and port.

Borescope image of MAP port in old manifold. Not sure where the access channel is to the inside of the manifold.

Maybe a vent channel has become corroded? I guess I will take apart the old maniifold to see how the MAP sensor venting works.

Old 09-29-2024 | 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by ML63_2007
I am in the process of replacing my M156 intake (due to corrosion) , here are some photos:

New M156 manifold.

Side Note: I have encountered an issue with the new manifold after installation, I was getting a CEL with P0106 B28 error code, implausible pressure.
I removed the MAP sensor, hooked it up a large syringe , and pulled a vacuum on it while running a scan tool, pressures changes seemed OK. I then used that same large
syringe to check if air freely moved in/out of the MAP port. It moved freely in the old manifold, but it is blocked in the new manifold. That explained my B28 code..

Borescope image of MAP port in old manifold. Not sure where the access channel is to the inside of the manifold.

Maybe a vent channel has become corroded? I guess I will take apart the old maniifold to see how the MAP sensor venting works.
thank you for the pictures and info! Much appreciated
Old 09-29-2024 | 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ML63_2007

New M156 manifold.

your manifold has a bad casting with port blocked off. You can take ml63 to dealer and they will replace the manifold under parts warranty as long as you have a receipt. Use you borescope and look into new manifold and you will see it's a solid hole to be sure for going to dealer
Old 09-30-2024 | 07:48 AM

AMG C63 W204

map sensor location
The following users liked this post:
blackdeathc63 (09-30-2024)