C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 C63 to Debut in Paris; Engine Output between 450-600 Horsepower; 110 lbs Lighter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
wow!!!480 horsepower standard
must expensive
Old 02-20-2014, 11:02 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
The current C63 is a great automobile, unlike what GM produces...cars. The next iteration will be better.

Last edited by sinape62; 02-20-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
I havent been around this C63 forum for sometime, but the few times I have been lurking, I see the TT C6 moron posting nothing but negative, insulting and demeaning comments. Especially when one of the members clearly stated what he had read on the AMG PL. TT C6 has no AMG as his car, therefore I forgive him of his ignorance about what is posted on the PL, the PL tends to be the latest word from AMG, if he had an AMG then and only then would he be able to register himself on the AMG PL because as you know you need a VIN number of an AMG to register. From what I gather, this guy tends to hide behind his little computer, shacked up in some barn oogling his old, outdated and crappy corvette. This is the type of guy if you meet him at a car show, where all enthusiats meet to share their passion of all cars, is sitting in the back ground insulting and criticizing every car except the ones that have the bowtie(chevrolet), he will only talk to those people as he will not be tolerated by any other car enthusiats. Everyone, do yourselves a favor and dont let this troll get under your skin, he is as dumb as he sounds.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:53 PM

C63, 335i
Originally Posted by 1st amg
I havent been around this C63 forum for sometime, but the few times I have been lurking, I see the TT C6 moron posting nothing but negative, insulting and demeaning comments. Especially when one of the members clearly stated what he had read on the AMG PL. TT C6 has no AMG as his car, therefore I forgive him of his ignorance about what is posted on the PL, the PL tends to be the latest word from AMG, if he had an AMG then and only then would he be able to register himself on the AMG PL because as you know you need a VIN number of an AMG to register. From what I gather, this guy tends to hide behind his little computer, shacked up in some barn oogling his old, outdated and crappy corvette. This is the type of guy if you meet him at a car show, where all enthusiats meet to share their passion of all cars, is sitting in the back ground insulting and criticizing every car except the ones that have the bowtie(chevrolet), he will only talk to those people as he will not be tolerated by any other car enthusiats. Everyone, do yourselves a favor and dont let this troll get under your skin, he is as dumb as he sounds.
Amen to that. If you think the stuff he said and talks about here is stupid, you should see him on the other benz and bimmer forums LOL.

Anyway, I'm sure AMG won't disappoint us with the new C63 given the results already achieved with the 5.5TT engine and new CLA45 engine.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by 1st amg
Well said.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:54 AM

2013 E63 Bi Turbo PP
Originally Posted by TT C6
So, the same people who openly insult me, go crying to the mods like little b#tches, and I get an infraction and they don't ?????
I'm not going to waste anymore time on here if you girls are going to play like that.

Hopefully, I'll be back in September to praise the new C63 and place my order.
If not, I'll make sure to revisit the girls in this thread and point out how the new C63 is a failure.

Enjoy your ugly interiors and pathetic and obsolete transmissions in the meantime.

RWD is king why would you want a muscle car in AWD. I understand if you live in snow or icy weather but you are compromising extra weight and driveline loss of power for AWD.
Personally I would prefer RWD. And I think AMG will release a proper DCT in one of their higher spec class cars, Eg, SL, S, E before they put one in their entry level V8 car. Again that's my guess they always release the best hardware in their top tier cars first regardless of when a new model is out.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:41 AM

'14 E350 4Matic, 900WHP IS300
Originally Posted by gmeup
RWD is king why would you want a muscle car in AWD. I understand if you live in snow or icy weather but you are compromising extra weight and driveline loss of power for AWD.
Personally I would prefer RWD. And I think AMG will release a proper DCT in one of their higher spec class cars, Eg, SL, S, E before they put one in their entry level V8 car. Again that's my guess they always release the best hardware in their top tier cars first regardless of when a new model is out.
I think the difference is really what you want out of the car. Honestly, I feel like this isn't a muscle car. Its supposed to be a luxury sports car. AWD is really for guys like me that can get 1 car and have it be their daily driver.

Drivetrain loss and extraweight? Really though, the amount of power being thrown through these newer V8 Turbo cars is insane. Back to back I would say you'd feel very little difference between the two. Account maybe for an extra 150 lbs for AWD. You're talking about a (estimating) 3700 lb car vs a 3850lb car. The extra weight is really not all that serious at about 3.9% difference. AWD does have its benefits. From a standstill launch, you're gonna grip MUCH better on AWD without any of the super time absorbing R&D trickery necessary to grip with RWD from a stand still. (a la the M3). Drivetrain loss as I said in another thread is really not a big deal. You're talking 500hp car here. Probably 550WHP car with a tune. What you really should be worrying about is what transmission is going to be in this car.

DCT transmissions can be terrible or great all depending on the tuning. Many factory DCT transmissions are either great or terrible. The AUDI S6 with their DCT trans straight from the factory in 2013 had numerous tuning issues. Jerky feel and downright unsophisticated in dynamic mode. That was rectified with a tuning update from the factory. As many people know, the only big weakpoint Benz ever receives lately are on their transmissions. (case in point, see the chris harris E550 review). They really need to step it up and if necessary outsource to ZF on some righteous transmission setups.

The idea that because its a lower model that it won't see a DCT trans is wrong buddy. The CLA250 has a DCT transmission.

Power is truly not going to be an issue on ANY new AMG model. They're formula for big power is solid.

AWD variant is what I'm hoping for as well. Ever heard of any RS4 or RS6 owner ever worry about drivetrain loss? No sir. Not ever.

Last edited by Yogujuhere; 05-28-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by Yogujuhere
I think the difference is really what you want out of the car. Honestly, I feel like this isn't a muscle car. Its supposed to be a luxury sports car. AWD is really for guys like me that can get 1 car and have it be their daily driver.

Drivetrain loss and extraweight? Really though, the amount of power being thrown through these newer V8 Turbo cars is insane. Back to back I would say you'd feel very little difference between the two. Account maybe for an extra 150 lbs for AWD. You're talking about a (estimating) 3700 lb car vs a 3850lb car. The extra weight is really not all that serious at about 3.9% difference. AWD does have its benefits. From a standstill launch, you're gonna grip MUCH better on AWD without any of the super time absorbing R&D trickery necessary to grip with RWD from a stand still. (a la the M3). Drivetrain loss as I said in another thread is really not a big deal. You're talking 500hp car here. Probably 550WHP car with a tune. What you really should be worrying about is what transmission is going to be in this car.

DCT transmissions can be terrible or great all depending on the tuning. Many factory DCT transmissions are either great or terrible. The AUDI S6 with their DCT trans straight from the factory in 2013 had numerous tuning issues. Jerky feel and downright unsophisticated in dynamic mode. That was rectified with a tuning update from the factory. As many people know, the only big weakpoint Benz ever receives lately are on their transmissions. (case in point, see the chris harris E550 review). They really need to step it up and if necessary outsource to ZF on some righteous transmission setups.

The idea that because its a lower model that it won't see a DCT trans is wrong buddy. The CLA250 has a DCT transmission.

Power is truly not going to be an issue on ANY new AMG model. They're formula for big power is solid.

AWD variant is what I'm hoping for as well. Ever heard of any RS4 or RS6 owner ever worry about drivetrain loss? No sir. Not ever.
Very well said. Mercedes underrates their engines anyway. The amount of power these things are putting out is ridiculous! See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY5oSik1eHs#t=274
Old 05-29-2014, 02:33 AM

2013 E63 Bi Turbo PP
Originally Posted by Yogujuhere

Fair point about the trannie I guess their DCT can’t cope with the huge amount of torque yet? Otherwise it would be in all their V8 range.

With respect to AWD vs RWD both have benefits and disadvantages and neither is superior over the other, but I always preferred the dynamics of RWD and wouldn't buy an AWD AMG but that's me, I don't live where it snows or gets icy so traction is not an issue.

In terms of driveline loss and weight I agree it’s not a lot or worth worrying about but they are heavy heavy beasts especially the E and upwards and the lighter the better.

Power loss is not really an issue but the RWD will still be faster once it has traction if both cars are at same power output.
Bottom line personal taste.
They are still glorified muscle car, front engine V8 with RWD is the formula and ingredient for a muscle car but with loads of luxury.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
If GM can make the 8spd torque converter in the Z06 Stingray change faster then a PDK, Mercedes can make the MCT change quicker too. I honestly don't think it's the box that's the problem.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:12 AM

2013 E63 Bi Turbo PP
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
If GM can make the 8spd torque converter in the Z06 Stingray change faster then a PDK, Mercedes can make the MCT change quicker too. I honestly don't think it's the box that's the problem.

can the normal 8 speed with torque converter really be faster changing than DCT?
Old 05-30-2014, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by gmeup
can the normal 8 speed with torque converter really be faster changing than DCT?
According to GM, yes. The torque converter is locked up right off idle, is what I've read.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/...atic-announced.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:07 PM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
According to GM, yes. The torque converter is locked up right off idle, is what I've read. http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/...atic-announced.
It might be as quick but it won't feel the same. Which could be good or bad depending on your take of a DCT.

Last edited by bmoney12; 05-30-2014 at 06:09 PM.