Sponsored by:

XPel Clear Tape

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 06:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 W205 Edition 1
XPel Clear Tape

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm concerned about yellowing or hazing and how hard it may be to remove scuffs created from hitting pylons...
The following users liked this post:
XPEL (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
We love all makes and models.
Originally Posted by Edition1JPA
Anyone have any experience with this? I'm concerned about yellowing or hazing and how hard it may be to remove scuffs created from hitting pylons...
Hello Edition1JPA,

The ULTIMATE film by XPEL has a 10-year warranty that covers yellowing, hazing, delamination, cracking and peeling. If that does happen within the 10 years it's covered by our worldwide network of installers, film and labor are both included.

We've had plenty of customers use it for track days, with track rubber, and rubbing with other drivers and they've been able to get paint transfer off. Now if it penetrates the film, and rips the film that will not be fixable without replacing.

Please let us know if you have any questions...to find an installer nearest you, click: XPEL Dealer Locator
Old 02-27-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Ill be installing Xpel on my wagon soon. I just hope that the roll of film being used is not riddled with imperfections as 2 installers near me have seen more than a few instances of bad rolls.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Interesting. I've had 4 cars and 7 installs (reinstalled due to my boneheadedness) and haven't seen any issues or heard of any from my installer.

As to getting scuffs out, I can tell you that grazing the side of a garage didn't ruin the film as it was buffed out although it was ugly enough to look like the film was a goner.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by XPEL
Hello Edition1JPA,

The ULTIMATE film by XPEL has a 10-year warranty that covers yellowing, hazing, delamination, cracking and peeling. If that does happen within the 10 years it's covered by our worldwide network of installers, film and labor are both included.

We've had plenty of customers use it for track days, with track rubber, and rubbing with other drivers and they've been able to get paint transfer off. Now if it penetrates the film, and rips the film that will not be fixable without replacing.

Please let us know if you have any questions...to find an installer nearest you, click: XPEL Dealer Locator
You guys have really gotten ahead of yourselves on precut prices.

You want this on every car right?? Good luck with that.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
We love all makes and models.
Originally Posted by Big Goober
Interesting. I've had 4 cars and 7 installs (reinstalled due to my boneheadedness) and haven't seen any issues or heard of any from my installer.

As to getting scuffs out, I can tell you that grazing the side of a garage didn't ruin the film as it was buffed out although it was ugly enough to look like the film was a goner.
It's an unfortunate part of the manufacturing process, we have a great quality inspection department and from time to time some imperfections go unnoticed. We strive our best to ensure this doesn't happen. Our XPEL installers can tell you that we stand behind our product 100%
Old 02-27-2017, 05:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG C43
I'm sure there are a few problems. Just wanted to point out that I haven't had an issue with any of the several installs I have had.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 BMW F80 M3 Sakhir Orange
Originally Posted by Edition1JPA
No tape out there is going to be able to fully prevent the scuffs from pylons, but the Xpel does have some pretty good self healing properties. It's a good bet, and at least the underlying paint is fully protected too!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
17 c63 coupe BRILLIANT BLUE
the industry standard. if youre buying, consider wrapping the entire car from front to back.

if its a lease, probably dont bother.