SHE FINALLY ARRIVED THIS EVENING!!! QUICK REVIEW AND POST-DETAIL PHOTOS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S550 on order
Originally Posted by Bespoke88
What does this have to do with how the transmission behaves? I don't get it?

So you are saying anything turbo is going to shift faster?

By your theory the PDK in the porsche 911 turbo is faster then the PDK in 911 gt3rs...

And yes the c63 204 shifts are slow, there is lag time in between shifts.
no but turbo engines have more advantage for sure, all you need to do is increase boost...N/A its a bit more complicated, yeah you can "tweak" things but still..not the same as adding another 2-5 PSI

Mine aren't slow at all, my sister works at MB and brought home a new 507 last night..shifts basically the same as my 09..although one thing that could be different for me vs others is my paddles are modified carbon fiber ones so the travel isn't as far..probably why

the w205 shifts a tad quicker no doubt in my mind, but i can't see it being on opposite ends of the specturm, it'll be interesting to see a tuned c63 w204 vs a stock w205 etc

Last edited by avery.whss; 06-13-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by JB C63S
Yes, thank you for the great input on CCBs. You may have just cost me a pile of money.
LOL sorry!

That being said it will be the best use of that pile of money I can assure you of that

After driving a bit more spiritedly today I can say that you almost need these things...the car changes direction so quickly (and so well) - it's insane.

Can't wait to track this thing, it's going to be a dream come true
Old 06-13-2015, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by JPMBenz
Great review on the brakes. The take rate on them is very low. However, people that do love them are 100% happy with them.
Thanks and Amen to that!
Old 06-15-2015, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
I drove about 300 miles yesterday and barely used the brakes. The brake dust is extremely high. That alone maybe worth buying them! LOL
Old 06-16-2015, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
458 spider / 991 turbo s
Talking

Any more pics, perhaps in the sunlight?

I am debating between your color and polar white, it would help a lot!
Old 06-16-2015, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Congrats, enjoy in good health!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I drove about 300 miles yesterday and barely used the brakes. The brake dust is extremely high. That alone maybe worth buying them! LOL
I feel ya...wish the rears were CC as well, they create so much more dust than the fronts it's insane!

Originally Posted by Promise

yup will try to take some the next time it's clean

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Congrats, enjoy in good health!
cheers and thanks, sure am! just trying to stay out of the throttle
Old 06-17-2015, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes AMG C63s Edition 1
Awesome car brother!!! Enjoy it in good health. I would change the wheels like you are thinking. I got mine on Saturday. Drove 200 miles to get it . Edition 1 baby!! First Benz

Originally Posted by WWMIndy
Would anyone proficient enough in photoshop be kind enough to turn the wheels black in the most recent photos I posted of the car with tint?

Wanted them from the factory but was unavailable and am thinking about doing it..have already inquired about pricing and timing and am currently mulling it over.

Would love to get a visual idea before moving forward.

If someone does end up volunteering their time to do this, MANY thanks in advance.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:46 AM

bmw
Just curious how far is your tint?

I was also wondering how has the car been driving, and impressions or feedback vs the old c63?
Old 06-17-2015, 06:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by sardille
Awesome car brother!!! Enjoy it in good health. I would change the wheels like you are thinking. I got mine on Saturday. Drove 200 miles to get it . Edition 1 baby!! First Benz
Thank you and congrats as well!!

Originally Posted by Bespoke88
Just curious how far is your tint?

I was also wondering how has the car been driving, and impressions or feedback vs the old c63?
Tint is 5% apart from the windshield

As to feedback, no problem. After having driven the car for a week now, I can say that the 205 is a totally different car than the 204...they don't even occupy the same space. Power delivery, handling feedback, road holding, fit and finish, overall feel etc are night and day different (for the better). The transmission feels so different than the old one that it's really hard to grasp the fact that most of it is the same. I could go on for a long time praising this machine so if there is specific feedback that you are looking for please let me know.

All I can say is that this car is just a true pleasure to drive, you just point or think, and it goes/does. The dynamics are totally different and the game has been taken to a new level.

There's a whole lot of wizardry going on here and the result is purely sensational. Hope this helps!

Last edited by AMGTTV8; 06-17-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Your response seems to be same as most of the guys who got the new W205.
Better in all categories across the board. Thanks for sharing your opinions & enjoy it
Old 06-17-2015, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Will617
Your response seems to be same as most of the guys who got the new W205.
Better in all categories across the board. Thanks for sharing your opinions & enjoy it
Thanks much and you're welcome!
Old 06-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
LOL this literally made laugh...

Yes...

So, my standard response on the above is the following (since I've been asked so often

They are 100% worth the money (especially on a lease - you only pay for half)

First and foremost, forget this generic response of braking power and no fade...that's the obvious part...kind of like saying the beauty of a cigarette boat is that it can move quickly across water - that's implied.

What isn't implied however and what really has made the difference for me is the experience...I really can't articulate it but the way that you can modulate the brake pedal/pressure is just incredible. You can apply such incredibly precise amounts of pressure that it's mind blowing... There isn't any of that wiggle on the front axle EVER that you normally feel in the pedal on initial bite in normal brakes. You can feel in the pedal that these things are as smooth as glass, it's the only thing I can describe. As to drivability, had torrential downpour the other day and no issues, same thing with cold brakes. I actually think the wet rotor thing was worse on my old C63 to be honest.

In any event, seriously these things are worth every penny. It's been a paradigm shift for me because I came from a place where I swore it was stupid to get....but if you really want to get the true feel of this car, you need to have the brakes in my opinion. I can only liken this machine to a scalpel being shot out of a canon...it's so precise and the brakes solidify/bring everything full circle.

Hopefully this helps but honestly they are one of the most beautiful things that I've ever experienced...thankful for the opportunity and blessing.
Excellent observation and testimonial on the benefit/advantage of a CCM brake - Even just for street driving.

Other than building CCM brake kits for Camaro, Ferrari, GT-R, and Porsche primarily for track racing, we are also developing CCM brakes for Lexus (including the new RC F) so we built a front CCM kit to test on my Lexus GS350 and see how it performs on street driving comparing to iron brake, and the feedback precisely coincides to your statement, i.e. literally no dust and the modulation & brake control makes you feel you are in total control of the car.

Development thread for Lexus CCM brakes (GS350)
http://forums.racingbrake.com/showthread.php?t=1453

Wt shown is 380x34mm rotor

We will be working with a local C63S owner (he is getting his C63S this week) for developing a complete front and rear CCM brake kit, so for those didn't order CCM option or looking to add CCM to the rear can follow this thread.

Carbon Ceramic Brake for C63
Old 06-20-2015, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Will you have to change the calipers to make them fit? I have a non CCB C63 S.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Promise

here you go:
Attached Thumbnails SHE FINALLY ARRIVED THIS EVENING!!! QUICK REVIEW AND POST-DETAIL PHOTOS-1.jpg   SHE FINALLY ARRIVED THIS EVENING!!! QUICK REVIEW AND POST-DETAIL PHOTOS-2.jpg   SHE FINALLY ARRIVED THIS EVENING!!! QUICK REVIEW AND POST-DETAIL PHOTOS-3.jpg  
Old 06-21-2015, 11:18 PM

bmw
oh just realized this wasnt polar! this is diamond white! nice!
Old 06-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Will you have to change the calipers to make them fit? I have a non CCB C63 S.
Same question is being discussed here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post6473312
Old 06-22-2015, 04:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Thank you and congrats as well!!

Tint is 5% apart from the windshield

As to feedback, no problem. After having driven the car for a week now, I can say that the 205 is a totally different car than the 204...they don't even occupy the same space. Power delivery, handling feedback, road holding, fit and finish, overall feel etc are night and day different (for the better). The transmission feels so different than the old one that it's really hard to grasp the fact that most of it is the same. I could go on for a long time praising this machine so if there is specific feedback that you are looking for please let me know.

All I can say is that this car is just a true pleasure to drive, you just point or think, and it goes/does. The dynamics are totally different and the game has been taken to a new level.

There's a whole lot of wizardry going on here and the result is purely sensational. Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing the feedback. Just curious how long you had to wait to get your C63S, and do you know the fronr CCM rotor and rear iron rotor dimensions?

For the RB/CCM rotor kit we offered, some customers still waiting for their C63S order while inquiring for this CCM front and rear two piece light weight iron rotor package.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:55 PM

Limbo
Order guide says 390/360 rotors for CCM:

Specifications:
Front:
- 15.8” Carbon Ceramic Perforated & Ventilated 2-Piece Rotor - 6 Piston Fixed Caliper
Rear:
- 14.2” Steel Perforated & Ventilated Rotor - Single Piston Floating Caliper
Old 06-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550

According to the published data, the front is 15.8" (401mm), the rear is 14.2" (360mm).
Old 06-22-2015, 05:33 PM

Limbo
Yeah I fat-fingered my inches-to-mm conversion for the front - thanks for the correction.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
I'm sorry but I did not see any talking about either upgrading to CCB's using the non CCB's calipers. Also, do you plan on making replacing stock pads?
Old 06-22-2015, 05:41 PM

C63S ED1
The CCB's look beautiful great combo order Congrats