Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Agility Select

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw
I get the eco mode is for the environment, I driven many of the eco mode cars in a BMW before, if I turn it off it stays off, don't know why this can't be a feature in the benz.

It's just annoying to always turn off for those of us who park see a client for say an hour and then off to the next client which maybe even less then an hour, do that multiple times a day, it's just a tad annoying is all, obviously not a deal breaker in any means of getting the car.

Perhaps the BENZ eco mode is better then BMW I haven't yet to figure that out as I haven't tried this feature on a benz yet, but I can say I found the BMW one very intrusive and annoying at a light.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
335d xDrive, C63S on order
Originally Posted by Bespoke88
I get the eco mode is for the environment, I driven many of the eco mode cars in a BMW before, if I turn it off it stays off, don't know why this can't be a feature in the benz.

It's just annoying to always turn off for those of us who park see a client for say an hour and then off to the next client which maybe even less then an hour, do that multiple times a day, it's just a tad annoying is all, obviously not a deal breaker in any means of getting the car.

Perhaps the BENZ eco mode is better then BMW I haven't yet to figure that out as I haven't tried this feature on a benz yet, but I can say I found the BMW one very intrusive and annoying at a light.
According to the UK manual the drive mode is remembered for 4 hours after parking up. Only over that time does it revert to comfort so I don't see this would be a problem for your client visits.

I've got a BMW right now and this is no different. It will remember what I set it to for short periods of time but I cannot turn Start Stop off and have it stay off permenantly.

Cannot say I've ever found the BMW system intrusive. It stops when I stops and starts when I take my foot off the brake. It's ready by the time the foots at the accelerator.

I found the C63 to be the same really. It worked well when I had a test drive. Interestingly if you read the manual the normal C class can only start and stop something like 4 times within a set period of time before it stops doing it but the AMG models are unlimited. So seems like there starter is different and of a higher quality in the AMG models or something else to allow that.

Last edited by FastLaneJB; 07-17-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw
I hope you are right if so that makes it a little better.

Since we are on this topic, I wish they had 2 individual modes.. I would set one in manual and one in auto.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
Originally Posted by Bespoke88
I hope you are right if so that makes it a little better.

Since we are on this topic, I wish they had 2 individual modes.. I would set one in manual and one in auto.
I'm with you on this. It's software right? I wonder if this is something we can code in. Quite frankly, I don't see many times I'd use Sport so if someone can replace "Sport" with "I2", I'd take it. For me its all (Sport+) or none (Comfort).
Old 07-17-2015, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by Iceman II
I'm with you on this. It's software right? I wonder if this is something we can code in. Quite frankly, I don't see many times I'd use Sport so if someone can replace "Sport" with "I2", I'd take it. For me its all (Sport+) or none (Comfort).
I guess that means you haven't used "Race" yet
Old 07-17-2015, 07:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
Originally Posted by Will617
I guess that means you haven't used "Race" yet
Not yet and not even close to the break in either.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Race is AWESOME! LMAO
Old 07-19-2015, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by Will617
You can always just stop the car in front of the house and leave it running.