Kuba.95 C63S Edition 1 Thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by kuba.95
Starting to become rather disappointed with the built quality of the car. So far 3 parts have fallen off, and had to be put back on.
You never said what you found on the P2189 code??
Old 10-04-2015, 07:52 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by RDOCA
You never said what you found on the P2189 code??
Whoops sorry. I've been busy for the past while. The dealership just did a software update. They also said that if the check engine light comes back on then they'll have to keep the car for a few days, and contact AMG directly.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:22 PM

This thing in the truck fell out by itself. (The thing that's sticking out to the right of the light.)

Then the Plastic covering the seatbelt (Has airbag written on it) fell out by itself.

Now the black thing I'm holding with my hand is loose. Managed to put it back in, but it came out again as can be clearly seen in the photo.

I'll also have the dealership deal with this air intake which is rather deformed. It's going inwards (Can't really be seen in the photo) which is partially blocking the air flow.

Here's a picture of the normal left one which is positioned properly and isn't going inwards in the middle.

I'm also going to get 4 rattles checked out tomorrow during my rear diff service. So I'm rather disappointed in the build quality/parts, but I'm still glad none of the issues have been anything serious so far since a software update fixed the engine light.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw
At least your car doesnt only drive in SPORT suspension MODE...

Mine won't change..

actually can you check something for me when you have a chance?

Can you see if yoru AMG screen and BIG screen line up properly in the settings menu with the suspension?

IE. AMG Screen (Small screen) says comfort suspension. (BIG SCREEN) says Comfort as well.

I can change the BIG SCREEN to any setting and it will change, but the small screen always stays in sport suspension.

Try this when the car not in park mode. In park modes it sets all to comfort on all screens, but once I go to reverse or drive the small screen always goes to sport.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bespoke88

Mine won't change..

Can you see if yoru AMG screen and BIG screen line up properly in the settings menu with the suspension?

IE. AMG Screen (Small screen) says comfort suspension. (BIG SCREEN) says Comfort as well.

I can change the BIG SCREEN to any setting and it will change, but the small screen always stays in sport suspension.

Try this when the car not in park mode. In park modes it sets all to comfort on all screens, but once I go to reverse or drive the small screen always goes to sport.
I wouldn't mind that since I always use the sport or sport+ suspension mode lol. Also I'll check it out tomorrow morning since I won't be near the car the rest of today.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bespoke88

Mine won't change..

Hey Bespoke88

I tried everything that you said, and my screens are working normally. Get your dealership to fix the issues whenever you have a rear diff or normal service.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:53 PM

Just an update on my car.

1. The Dealership fixed the bumper.
2. The dealership fixed the rattles. They were located near the door handle, and the door trim. They then localized to other sections of the car.
3. The dealership ordered a new air intake since the one I had was collapsed. No ETA (since its a new car) so far, but it's coming from Germany so they expect it to take a while.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts
E90 M3, F80 M3, C63 507, F90 M5
Watching the videos make us want this car so badly.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:08 AM

Old 10-07-2015, 01:08 AM

Old 10-08-2015, 06:05 PM

Lol looks like the thermometers also broken now in the car.... Unless it's 35-40 degrees Celsius... In the middle of October... In Edmonton...
Old 10-08-2015, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 357 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Check to see if it got pushed out of its mounting. If it fell into an area heated by the engine it will do that. Not sure where it is mounted on your car but the 2009 - 2014 had it mounted in the lower left front grill and it could get pushed behind the bumper and would read quite high.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mort
Check to see if it got pushed out of its mounting. If it fell into an area heated by the engine it will do that. Not sure where it is mounted on your car but the 2009 - 2014 had it mounted in the lower left front grill and it could get pushed behind the bumper and would read quite high.
Think it went back to normal the next day so it was probably just a computer error from the looks of it. Thanks for the advice though!
Old 10-16-2015, 03:22 PM

The exhaust sound of the car is getting enhanced on Nov 17th
Old 10-16-2015, 07:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 W205 Edition 1
Just an update on my car.

1. The Dealership fixed the bumper.
2. The dealership fixed the rattles. They were located near the door handle, and the door trim. They then localized to other sections of the car.
3. The dealership ordered a new air intake since the one I had was collapsed. No ETA (since its a new car) so far, but it's coming from Germany so they expect it to take a while.

The intake will be about 10 days. I had a similar issue with mine, except it was cracked right above the AMG lettering.

As well, my brake pad sensor just went and they have to order and replace it for me.

My car has been sitting for a week as I somehow bent a forged wheel and they are shipping a new one in from Germany... Been just over a week now and I'm going through withdrawal...
Old 10-16-2015, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Edition1JPA
The intake will be about 10 days. I had a similar issue with mine, except it was cracked right above the AMG lettering.

As well, my brake pad sensor just went and they have to order and replace it for me.

My car has been sitting for a week as I somehow bent a forged wheel and they are shipping a new one in from Germany... Been just over a week now and I'm going through withdrawal...
Still no use on my intake sadly.

Damn all of that sucks! I truly hope you get your car back, and hopefully it won't snow any time soon so you can still enjoy it!
Old 10-26-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
C8, FF, C63S, 911 C4S, GTI, E350, Boxster S, 355, Esprit S4, Vantage, S5, Z4, M3, Miata, A4, 325is
Still no use on my intake sadly.

Damn all of that sucks! I truly hope you get your car back, and hopefully it won't snow any time soon so you can still enjoy it!...

2013 GTI (Sold)

Wow... just read the thread completely and shocked that you're having so much issues.... At least they seemed "simple" enough, although they still shouldn't have happened. Please keep us posted.

I see that you had a GTI. Was it DSG? If so, how do you compare the shifting times between that car and the C63? I have a GTI DSG as a daily/winter driver.

Also, since it seems that you have such a "good relationship" with your dealer do you think that they would let you upgrade your AMG menu so that it would have the same functions as the 2016 model? I believe the 2015 has less performance menus or something like that. I'm still debating whether to get the edition1 or order a 2016 model.

Lastly, you got the MB star retrofitted. When I was doing the build on a 2016, it deleted that option when I added the "Driver Assistance Package" which contains the Distronic Plus feature. I believe this is standard on the edition1 models. So was it a big deal to add it on? Also, have you tried the Distronic Plus feature (i.e. - it steers itself) feature?

Sorry for all the questions... Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Old 10-26-2015, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by theclutch
Wow... just read the thread completely and shocked that you're having so much issues.... At least they seemed "simple" enough, although they still shouldn't have happened. Please keep us posted.

I see that you had a GTI. Was it DSG? If so, how do you compare the shifting times between that car and the C63? I have a GTI DSG as a daily/winter driver.

Also, since it seems that you have such a "good relationship" with your dealer do you think that they would let you upgrade your AMG menu so that it would have the same functions as the 2016 model? I believe the 2015 has less performance menus or something like that. I'm still debating whether to get the edition1 or order a 2016 model.

Lastly, you got the MB star retrofitted. When I was doing the build on a 2016, it deleted that option when I added the "Driver Assistance Package" which contains the Distronic Plus feature. I believe this is standard on the edition1 models. So was it a big deal to add it on? Also, have you tried the Distronic Plus feature (i.e. - it steers itself) feature?

Sorry for all the questions... Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Ya they shouldn't be happening, but as long as they're not serious I won't make a fuss about them really. Just might depend better loaners sooner or later lol.

Ya it was a DSG. In my opinion the shifts were just a bit quicker in the GTi but not by much. Still slightly miss the GTI since I loved the fact you could drive it in manual mode with the gear shifter.

No idea honestly plus don't know if it's possible. I'll try asking them whenever I'll be at the dealership again for a issue or whenever the Intake arrives Also ya the 2015 had 1 less performance menu I believe which shows the torque/hp being put down by the car.

I didn't get the drivers assistance package since I didn't want the distronic and it's not standard on the Canadian Edition 1 models. But from what I know you can't have the distronic and the illuminated star on at the same time since the distronic equipment is in the actual star etc. Also I did see it in action when I was picked up by my salesman on the day my car was delivered. From what I could see it worked really well.

Anytime. if you have any further questions then feel free to ask them, and I'll do my best to answer them.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:37 PM

C8, FF, C63S, 911 C4S, GTI, E350, Boxster S, 355, Esprit S4, Vantage, S5, Z4, M3, Miata, A4, 325is
Ya they shouldn't be happening, but as long as they're not serious I won't make a fuss about them really. Just might depend better loaners sooner or later lol.

Ya it was a DSG. In my opinion the shifts were just a bit quicker in the GTi but not by much. Still slightly miss the GTI since I loved the fact you could drive it in manual mode with the gear shifter.

No idea honestly plus don't know if it's possible. I'll try asking them whenever I'll be at the dealership again for a issue or whenever the Intake arrives Also ya the 2015 had 1 less performance menu I believe which shows the torque/hp being put down by the car.

I didn't get the drivers assistance package since I didn't want the distronic and it's not standard on the Canadian Edition 1 models. But from what I know you can't have the distronic and the illuminated star on at the same time since the distronic equipment is in the actual star etc. Also I did see it in action when I was picked up by my salesman on the day my car was delivered. From what I could see it worked really well.

Anytime. if you have any further questions then feel free to ask them, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks for the input... it appears I'm following in your footsteps from the GTI into the C63 (albeit I have other cars in the stable). From your signature, it appears you also had a CLA45 AMG. So why did you seemingly get rid of that quickly? It seems that you pretty much get the same exhaust burble even with the "smaller" 4 cylinder? The CLA is a smaller car, but much more nimble like the GTI I presume.

Also, I got confirmation from the AMG rep that the screens are NOT retrofitable from the 2016 into the 2015 This is what he said,

"The only difference from MY15-MY16 for the C63 are the Dynamic Select COMAND data screens and the additional Head-Up display screens. That’s it. The car was all new for MY15 and was released much later into the model year than the C300.

None of these can be programmed with an update into a 2015.

If you are working your customer on the 2015 Edition One that you have remember that was a MY15 only package and has some unique things like the trim pieces outside and the red carbon fiber inside, and the red trim around the wheel rims."
Old 10-27-2015, 11:33 PM

Thanks for the input... it appears I'm following in your footsteps from the GTI into the C63 (albeit I have other cars in the stable). From your signature, it appears you also had a CLA45 AMG. So why did you seemingly get rid of that quickly? It seems that you pretty much get the same exhaust burble even with the "smaller" 4 cylinder? The CLA is a smaller car, but much more nimble like the GTI I presume.

Also, I got confirmation from the AMG rep that the screens are NOT retrofitable from the 2016 into the 2015 This is what he said,

"The only difference from MY15-MY16 for the C63 are the Dynamic Select COMAND data screens and the additional Head-Up display screens. That’s it. The car was all new for MY15 and was released much later into the model year than the C300.

None of these can be programmed with an update into a 2015.

If you are working your customer on the 2015 Edition One that you have remember that was a MY15 only package and has some unique things like the trim pieces outside and the red carbon fiber inside, and the red trim around the wheel rims."
I got rid of the CLA 45 cause it was a lemon. It had countless issues, and even some issues which were rather dangerous like it randomly losing all acceleration etc.

Too bad. it would have been nice if a system update added the thing. Although If I was in your situation I'd probably go for the Edition 1 since you get the amazing quality passion leather seats, and the amazing looking red carbon fiber (I truly love how it looks in the sunlight) while on the 16 you just get an added display screen.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:03 PM

I just drove the CLA45 AMG and the C63 AMG back to back... It really was no contest. The CLA45 was "buzzy"... it really sounded like a cheap 4 cylinder car with a drone. Even my GTI doesn't have that. Only until you really step on it does the nice "AMG exhaust" sound come into play. Otherwise, there was a serious drone that would have been a deal killer for me had I been in the market for the CLA45 AMG. At normal engine loads, the C63 even seemed "quiet". The C63 is the way to go.

I'm torn between the Lunar Blue / Brown interior vs. the Edition1...
Old 10-28-2015, 03:11 PM

I just drove the CLA45 AMG and the C63 AMG back to back... It really was no contest. The CLA45 was "buzzy"... it really sounded like a cheap 4 cylinder car with a drone. Even my GTI doesn't have that. Only until you really step on it does the nice "AMG exhaust" sound come into play. Otherwise, there was a serious drone that would have been a deal killer for me had I been in the market for the CLA45 AMG. At normal engine loads, the C63 even seemed "quiet". The C63 is the way to go.

I'm torn between the Lunar Blue / Brown interior vs. the Edition1...
I personally liked the CLA 45. AWD, tons of power, sporty, and more then enough room. Always drove it in manual mode, and never in comfort mode so the sound was always nice as well haha or maybe that was just because I had the upgraded exhaust on it.

Ya the C63 can be quiet if you want to, but once you give it some power then boy does it rumble and go. I especially love the sound it makes when you give it some power in third gear at about 60km/h or in 5/6th gear at uhhhh ahem high speeds lol.

Called me biased but I'd go for the Edition 1 depending on if you like that color as well. Love the Lunar Blue color on the exterior, but if the Edition 1 also has a nice color then I'd definitely grab it thanks to the better quality/design of the leather seats in it, and that beautiful red Carbon Fiber. Either way, whichever car you pick will more then likely put a smile on your face cause they're beastly machines!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 B8S4 (gone), 2014 CLA45
I personally liked the CLA 45. AWD, tons of power, sporty, and more then enough room. Always drove it in manual mode, and never in comfort mode so the sound was always nice as well haha or maybe that was just because I had the upgraded exhaust on it.

Ya the C63 can be quiet if you want to, but once you give it some power then boy does it rumble and go. I especially love the sound it makes when you give it some power in third gear at about 60km/h or in 5/6th gear at uhhhh ahem high speeds lol.

Called me biased but I'd go for the Edition 1 depending on if you like that color as well. Love the Lunar Blue color on the exterior, but if the Edition 1 also has a nice color then I'd definitely grab it thanks to the better quality/design of the leather seats in it, and that beautiful red Carbon Fiber. Either way, whichever car you pick will more then likely put a smile on your face cause they're beastly machines!
Hey Jake, it's milazzo from the CLA forum. I see you've run into some issues with the 63. Besides that, it seems you're enjoying it. I'm following the 205 closely as it seems I will be ordering the coupe when the DOG's come out.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by trinacria
Hey Jake, it's milazzo from the CLA forum. I see you've run into some issues with the 63. Besides that, it seems you're enjoying it. I'm following the 205 closely as it seems I will be ordering the coupe when the DOG's come out.
Hey Milazzo it's good to talk to you again!

Ya I've had some issues but all of them have been minor luckily. Also ya I'm enjoying the car tremendously. Going to have a fun winter with it as well! Haha. (Actually already having fun since the tires are already boxing up cause of the cold weather.)

Nice. The Coupe will be amazing! Especially with that new more aggressive body styling and the fact that the issues from the sedan should be fixed. Wish that I could have waited for the coupe!
Old 10-29-2015, 10:49 PM

...I didn't get the drivers assistance package since I didn't want the distronic and it's not standard on the Canadian Edition 1 models. But from what I know you can't have the distronic and the illuminated star on at the same time since the distronic equipment is in the actual star etc. Also I did see it in action when I was picked up by my salesman on the day my car was delivered. From what I could see it worked really well.
For some reason, I thought that the Edition1's had them as standard.... Unfortunately, the car that I test drove had it and I immediately thought that the Edition1 had it also... I was wrong. So I get a phenomenal deal on a brand new (not the one with 140 miles when the original owner had a change of heart) one only to realize that it did NOT have Distronic Plus. Thus, I was leaning towards ordering a 2016. But then I stopped by the BMW dealership and decided to test drive an M3... I was ready to be disappointed since they pipe fake engine sound through the speakers. However, I was shocked as this M3 happened to have the M sport exhaust option that I didn't know about and it sounded GREAT. You can also shut it down to make the car quiet again. Also, when I drove it, the DCT was just phenomenal and seemed like it was *MUCH* faster than the C63 shifter or the dual clutch in the GTI. At the fastest setting, it would seemingly complete the shift even before the paddle shifter is on the return to forward position. However, you can clearly feel the 78 hp and 110 ft-lbs torque difference. Exhaust-wise, *maybe* the C63 was a smidge better when the M3 has the M sport exhaust. I will be driving the C63 with the Distronic Plus again tomorrow... Hopefully will pull the trigger over the next week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kuba.95 C63S Edition 1 Thread.