Sponsored by:

Kuba.95 C63S Edition 1 Thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 10:29 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
Kuba.95 C63S Edition 1 Thread.

In my first Impressions review I'll compare three different cars : the C63S Edition One, BMW M4, and the CLA 45. I'll compare them in multiple categories, and each car will receive a score out of 10. This won't be in depth review since I haven't had enough time to truly experience the car at it's truest potential. So expect a in depth review in the future! (Some of the stuff may relate to the Edition One specifically also the first impressions review will be edited and things will be added throughout the day until it's finished. I'll created a new post when the review is finished.)

Amount of km driven already- 430km.

Exterior

C63S Edition One

Some say that the C63S isn't aggressive enough. That it looks weak, That it's outclassed by the BMW when it comes to the looks department. I say that's completely not true. Especially when the C63S is a Obsidian Black Edition One. The front looks extremely aggressive yet classy and elegant due to the LED lights. You can clearly tell that the cars not something you want to mess with. Even from a distance you can tell that it means business. The side view of the car also shows off the cars aggressive profile. It honestly looks like a E63S from the side. The black wheels (With red accents) truly add to the aggressive look of the cars. The subtle yet sporty side stripes add to the look by making it seem sportier without going to far (Cough Cough American Muscle Cough Cough).
Rear- Some say that the rear looks squashed, and it doesn't suit the car at all. I must disagree with whoever says that. The rear looks almost exactly like a S63's rear. The quad exhaust tips showcase the sportiness of the rear letting everyone know the cars no normal c class. Even behind those exhaust tips there are 4 tips. 2 large square exhaust pipes, and 2 small circular ones. (I'll post pictures of this later). The exhaust tips also have AMG written on them to show people what type of monster they're connected to. The rear lights add to the elegance of the car. They look expensive, and classy which adds to the luxurious aspect of the car. Do they look as good as the CLA 45 angel wings lights? No, but they're amazing in their own way, and are definitely far better looking than the M4's rear lights.

Score:8.5/10

BMW M4

The BMW M4 looks extremely aggressive. It has a low stance with large rear and frontal fenders. The frontal lights are meh, and it has a nice aggressive side profile. The rear looks aggressive as well, but I dislike the look of the exhausts personally. The lights on the rear are meh also. Personally I think it looks best in the mustard color and the azure black Overall the car looks amazing and aggressive, but it lacks elegance and sophistication. I also bet that tons of ricers want to race them because of the aggressive looks lol.

Score:8.0/10

CLA 45 AMG

From the front the CLA 45 AMG looks aggressive and mean. From first looks it looks like a mini CLS which honestly is a good thing. The frontal lights look nice, but if it had the same LED headlights like the C63S then it would look far better. From a frontal side angle the car looks a bit weird in my personal opinion. From a side view you can truly tell the similarities the car has to the CLS. The AMG Turbo badge also hints at what type of beast the car is. Finally the rear. The rear looks rather amazing. It has the quad exhaust tips, but only has two exhaust pipes behind them. The rear lights look simply amazing! The angel wing's LED's truly fit the car perfectly, and they're works of art in my opinion. Overall the car looks amazing, but from some angles the car looks slightly weird.

Score:8.25/10

Interior

C63S Edition One

All I have to say is Wow. Just... Wow. The interior is absolutely stunning. The red carbon fibre adds richness to the interior, and it sparkles whenever the sun shines on it. It's simply one of the nicest interior trims I've ever seen. The Alcantra wheel is extremely comfortable. It's bulky to due to it's sportiness, but due to the material it feels comfortable to hold. it also doesn't absorb heat too much so it's always at the right temperature to hold. Also the AMG edition One Badge on the steering wheel is a extremely nice touch. The center console looks amazing. I love how it depicts a waterfall, and it even partially goes into the storage compartment.. Everything on it is high quality including all of the buttons. The mouse pad makes the car look far more technologically advanced and the every button is located in just the right location. The leather in the interior is simply top grade. The "Passion" leather on the performance seats is one of the best looking/feeling leather I've ever seen/felt. It definitely adds to the comfort of the seats compared to the leather used in other cars. Also the performance seats seem to be wider than the ones used in the CLA 45. This makes them hold you properly during fast turns, but at the same time they're even more comfortable and longer rides are far more enjoyable. The amount of room in the car is more than adequate for 4 or 5 people. I'm 6'1 and sit fairly far back along with at the lowest setting I possibly can sit at, and someone can still easily fit behind me. My only complaint would be that the frontal seats don't go low enough. Anyways back to the aesthetics. The Burmester speakers look amazing. You can truly tell they're high quality speakers just from looking at them. There are two sunroofs. Ones panoramic and one doesn't open. This allows for more light to get in and for the people in the back to feel more comfortable. It also looks damn nice and expensive.

Score:9.8/10

Fuel Economy

C63S Edition 1

Still haven't finished the break in period so the fuel economy isn't the best yet. City with slightly aggressive driving in sport + and never going past 4k rpm I'm getting 14L/100km. Highway I've been getting 8.9L/100km.

Score:9/10 considering the engine, and power produced by the car.

BMW M4

Can't comment because I didn't drive it enough and never checked out the fuel economy.

CLA 45

Averaged about 12.5L/100km City, and 9.3L/100km.

Score:7.5/10 considering the engine, and power ratings etc.

Transmission

C63S Edition One

The transmission in the C63S is good in manual mode. Not amazing but good. The transmission upshifts quickly, and performs quick downshifts also. The only issue is that at times it ignores multiple downshifts, or ignores one downshift. This doesn't occur often though so it doesn't bother me too much. Luckily enough the transmission shines when using it automatically. In comfort mode it remains in the highest gear possible for the best fuel economy, but when you tap the gas pedal the car goes without an issue. In Sports+ mode (Didn't try sport mode.) the transmission is a masterpiece. it downshifts and upshifts whenever you normally would in manual mode. The gearing is simply amazing, and the shifts are instant. Far faster than in manual mode. It's so good that I've found myself mostly driving in sport + mode instead of using manual mode like I did in the CLA 45. As for race mode. Haven't gone into it to much. Only thing I can tell is that it seems to hold the gear until you start redlining, and it always holds the lowest gear possible. Only used this mode for a second due to the fact that I didn't want to ruin the breaking in period.

Score:8.5/10

CLA 45 AMG

I had conflicting feelings towards the CLA's transmission. At times it was awful, felt extremely jerky and I honestly hated the transmission. At other times it worked well, and found it to be a good transmission. Nowhere near as good as the DSG found in VW's or the DCT found in BMW's. In comfort mode it was extremely jerky and annoying so i never drove it in that mode. Sport mode it worked ok. Didn't downshift or upshift when I wanted I'd expect it to, and at times it was just random. The only time it worked well was when you were truly flooring the car. Now the saving grace for the CLA 45's transmission in my opinion was manual mode. The shifts were quick which made it enjoyable to ride They only felt jerky when the car was cold.

Score:7.0/10

Sound

C63S Edition One

Damn. This car sounds amazing. It's loud and extremely aggressive. When upshifting it makes a unique sound which is hard to explain but sounds amazing. When revving the car it sounds simply well. Amazing. When downshifting the car gurgles and makes angry V8 sounds. Some said that the W205 wouldn't sound good thanks to the turbo chargers. I say there were extremely wrong. The car sounds truly amazing, and at times I believe it's louder and better sounding than the W204. It doesn't have that chilling scream, but instead it has a very pissed off sound. Can't wait to hear a straight piped or down piped W205.

Score:9.8/10

CLA 45 AMG

The CLA 45 AMG sounds simply amazing for a 2.0L 4 banger. It crackles and pops when downshifting, and makes a amazing loud bang sound when upshifting. In the middle of that it sounds ok, but it's loud either way. In my opinion the CLA 45 AMG is proof that AMG can make any engine sound simply amazing. Hell I think the car sounds better than the m4 in some ways!

Score:8/10

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask them and I'll do my best to answer them! Also if anyone has any pictures or videos that they'd like to see then feel free to ask for that!

Last edited by kuba.95; 07-19-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,417 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Nice bro... 900 posts later and you have your ride... Very sweet

How do you like it?
Old 07-16-2015, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Congratulations man!!

What a beautiful ride, there is one ED1 just like yours at the dealer near me, and let me tell you, pictures do no justice, in the flesh is where you really wallow in its beauty.

I want that ED1!
Old 07-17-2015, 12:37 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2021 GLE53; 2018 Audi R8 V10 Plus
There is an Edition 1 identical to yours here in ATL at local MB dealership. Beautiful car!
Old 07-17-2015, 04:59 AM

2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Edition 1, 1995 Ferrari F355, 2004 Mini Cooper JCW MC 40, 1967 MGB
Looks great!
Old 07-17-2015, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Car looks brilliant Kuba
Old 07-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
One hell of a ride. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Nice bro... 900 posts later and you have your ride... Very sweet

How do you like it?
The car is amazing. The interior looks beautiful, the high quality leather used in the Edition 1's is amazing, the red carbon fibre looks amazing, the performance seats are far more comfortable than the ones my CLA 45 had (They're either wider on the C63S or the better quality leather helps big time)! My only gripe with the car would be downshifting. Sometimes it ignores the command to downshift. Maybe it'll improve a bit when I've broken the car in.

Originally Posted by NelsonRealTime
Congratulations man!!

What a beautiful ride, there is one ED1 just like yours at the dealer near me, and let me tell you, pictures do no justice, in the flesh is where you really wallow in its beauty.

I want that ED1!
Thank you!

Ya the Edition 1's look beautiful, but I love the contrast between the red decals and the black paint. Works really well. Also the stripe is more subtle then on other colors which just adds to the elegance of the car.

Originally Posted by jeremyf0923
There is an Edition 1 identical to yours here in ATL at local MB dealership. Beautiful car!
Ya they're truly beautiful cars!

Originally Posted by Rorie
Looks great!
Thanks! Yours looks amazing as well!

Originally Posted by Will617
Car looks brilliant Kuba
Thanks

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
One hell of a ride. Congrats and enjoy!
Thank you, and I will!
Old 07-17-2015, 07:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
Its beautiful Kuba -- even with the cloud cover. I'm happy for you man. The wait is officially over....enjoy the painful break in period in good health
Old 07-17-2015, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Love that diamond pleated interior! Oh so sexy.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw
why would ignore your downshift?

that sounds like something might be wrong with your car, don't think anyone else has complained about this, might want to see if that is a one off on you car or not
Old 07-19-2015, 02:20 AM

First parts of the first impressions/comparisons/review are up!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Iceman II
Its beautiful Kuba -- even with the cloud cover. I'm happy for you man. The wait is officially over....enjoy the painful break in period in good health
Thanks!

Originally Posted by betrezra
Love that diamond pleated interior! Oh so sexy.
The the diamond pattern looks truly amazing!

Originally Posted by Bespoke88
why would ignore your downshift?

that sounds like something might be wrong with your car, don't think anyone else has complained about this, might want to see if that is a one off on you car or not
No idea. It was happening the first day I picked up the car, but it doesn't happen as often anymore. Already got used to it, and have adapted to the issue, but I think it's just a characteristic of the transmission since it's technically a automatic. Or maybe the dealership didn't perform the transmission update I asked them to do. Also whenever I drive the car in sport+ everything works perfectly. The car downshifts whenever I'd want it to and it upshifts at the perfect time so surprisingly I'm starting to prefer driving it in automatic then in manual.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:30 AM

bmw
Your problem sounds like Rorie mentioned in his thread.. he got it fixed you should look into it man!

Did you have extensive time with the m4?

I personally like the m4 exterior looks way more and m3 compared to the c63s.

That being said, something about owning a v8 is special too.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:47 AM

Your problem sounds like Rorie mentioned in his thread.. he got it fixed you should look into it man!

Did you have extensive time with the m4?

I personally like the m4 exterior looks way more and m3 compared to the c63s.

That being said, something about owning a v8 is special too.
Most likely. I'm taking the car in to get the illuminated star installed on Monday so i'll figure things out that day.

Not really although I was able to see how it drove when I pushed it at on the sportiest settings and how comfortable it was in comfort mode. I'll add it to the first impressions stuff today whenever I have time, but it won't go into great detail.

Personally I would agree with you if it's comparing the M3/M4 to a C63S in any color other then Obsidian Black lol
Old 07-19-2015, 02:52 AM

bmw
the DCT is def better too, got to drive it recently

but i really dont like the exhaust note or active sound in the M.

all in all pros and cons for both

went the amg route this time to try something different

I hope I don't regret it lol!
Old 07-19-2015, 11:12 PM

Fuel economy, transmission, and sound added.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Diamond W205 C63s Ed1
the DCT is def better too, got to drive it recently

but i really dont like the exhaust note or active sound in the M.

all in all pros and cons for both

went the amg route this time to try something different

I hope I don't regret it lol!
You definitely made a good choice though, I originally considered a m4 as well and disliked the exhaust not or the lacking of one I should say. I revved the m4 with the door open and could hear engine noise being pumped through the speakers.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
15 AMG C63S ED1
Originally Posted by matt11212
You definitely made a good choice though, I originally considered a m4 as well and disliked the exhaust not or the lacking of one I should say. I revved the m4 with the door open and could hear engine noise being pumped through the speakers.
I actually got to track the M4 this past weekend. It's not as bad as I thought. Standing still revving the engine will give you more of a negative reaction than under load. When it's wound up the car sounds pretty sweet!

At any rate the AMG still is better in my opinion. Just more grunt all around. Those bangs and pops are something I will always love.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by mister2d
I actually got to track the M4 this past weekend. It's not as bad as I thought. Standing still revving the engine will give you more of a negative reaction than under load. When it's wound up the car sounds pretty sweet!

At any rate the AMG still is better in my opinion. Just more grunt all around. Those bangs and pops are something I will always love.
I also was able to track the M4 and M3 just 2 weeks ago and I thought it was a great car and so fun to drive hard.
I decided on the C63S for many of the reasons everyone is doing such as the much better interior/the added power/the great sound/and from early reviews just about a wash on the track. I was afraid that the performance seats on the C63S would not be comfortable but they are great and better than the BMW seats. They also have the lower seat bolster adjustment that the M3/4 doesn't.
Mine can't come soon enough.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:54 PM

Just a little update on the transmission- Looks like the dealership might have performed a transmission update on the car while it was stuck at the dealership for two days because of the issues it had with the illuminated star. Or maybe the transmission just adapted to my driving style while driving it in Sport+ mode. Either way the car now shifts perfectly in manual mode, and actually listens to every downshift command. (Boy am I glad that it works perfectly now since the sound of the downshifts is amazing!)

As for the first impressions. I've been sick all week, and the cars been at the dealership most of the week which is the reason why I haven't posted any new pictures or anything. So I'll take some pictures and finish up the first impressions on Monday since I'll be busy all weekend.

Last edited by kuba.95; 07-24-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:27 PM

2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Edition 1, 1995 Ferrari F355, 2004 Mini Cooper JCW MC 40, 1967 MGB
Sorry to hear you were sick. Hope you are feeling better.

Yes, there was a software update for the transmission as the car had issues with downshifting. I noticed it on mine as well until the update. Now I have no issues at all.

I am at 1300 kilometres. So another 200 to go and then I can stop behaving myself!

Rorie
Old 07-24-2015, 10:27 PM

Ps - found my engine builder on Facebook, and we have been chatting. He is pleased to see what car his engine went into. You can probably find your builder as well.

R
Old 07-25-2015, 01:15 AM

Night time pictures +video.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rorie
Sorry to hear you were sick. Hope you are feeling better.

Yes, there was a software update for the transmission as the car had issues with downshifting. I noticed it on mine as well until the update. Now I have no issues at all.

I am at 1300 kilometres. So another 200 to go and then I can stop behaving myself!

Rorie
Thanks!

Yup I know about it from reading your post on a different thread. Asked the dealership to perform the update when they were doing PDI but I'm not sure if they actually performed the update. Not even 100% sure that they performed it now during the illuminated star stuff since there was no mention of it. Guess I'll have to find out when I take the car for the rear diff service, but either way the transmission is a lot better in manual mode right now then when I first got it.

I'm at 700km. Just 800 left and I get to try out race mode! Also when you try out race mode please make a post about!

So far I only know of Michael Kublers instagram. I'll have to see sometime if I can also find the instagram or facebook profile of the guy which made my engine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kuba.95 C63S Edition 1 Thread.