Sponsored by:

C63 Driving Impressions. Advice Wanted.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C300, 2008 Lotus Elise 60th Anniv, 2013 Jeep Wrangler
C63 Driving Impressions. Advice Wanted.

I currently own a 2014 C300, 2013 Jeep Wrangler and a 2008 Lotus Elise 60th Anniversary. My wife drives the C300 and I drive the other two sharing the Jeep with my 18-yr old son when he comes home from college.
I am tired of driving two uncomfortable cars and I am thinking about replacing the Wragler with something more comfortable yet fun to drive. Note that with my benchmark for comfort C63 has a cushy ride.

I drove a C63 the other day and was left with mixed feelings. I also suspect that I may have missed something about this car, so I would like to know what C63 owners find appealing about their cars. My questions are primarily directed to those who have also owned sports cars.

What I loved was of course the power and the soundtrack. Made me laugh every time I stepped on the pedal. Another nice thing is that the nannies did not seem to be too intrusive (at least compared to Audi).
But overall I was left with the impression of a "nice proper girl" personality with the "go wild" mode where the "go wild" part isn't really natural to the car.

I would like to hear what C63 owners who have owned sports cars find most attractive about their Mercedes and how did it feel going into a C63 with the automatic transmission.

Thanks.