C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on building options for W205

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2015 | 12:57 AM

Question on building options for W205

Hi folks, I am building out a C63s on the MB website and I seem to have come across a glitch.

The Parking Assist Package is $1290 and includes
- PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist
- Surround View System

How come when I click on this package, it automatically selects the PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist for $970 below it? Isn't this feature already included in the Parking Assist Package? So it's like counting it twice.

Also, why won't it allow me to select Rearview camera for $460? When I try to select it, it says I have to deselect the Parking Assist Package. Does the Parking Assist Package already include the rearview camera (maybe part of the Surround View System)?

What is the HANDS-FREE ACCESS Package?
I don't believe the 2015 c63s I was looking at had it.
I can't imagine that a car like this doesn't have an electronic trunk closer on the inside of the car as a button or by pressing the key fob, as an option? Should be standard that you can open the trunk with your key or by pressing a button inside the car.

Has anyone been successful in getting pricing for orders UNDER MSRP in California? If so, please let me know some recommendations in the Orange County or Los Angeles County area.

Last edited by jyeh74; 11-01-2015 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-01-2015 | 05:59 AM

2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 C63S
With the Hands Free Access system, you will be able to open and close the trunk of your car without using your hands. This technology uses a sensor in the rear bumper to detect when a smart key is in its presence. Once the smart key has been detected, the Hands Free Access system will allow you to automatically open the trunk.

http://www.mbsouthorlandoblog.com/ho...ess-works.aspx
Old 11-01-2015 | 11:28 AM

2020 C63s Coupe, 2016 C63s Sedan
The Parking Assist package includes the Active Parking Assist which itself includes the rear view camera.

Not sure why it's adding both the $1290 and $970 values.

The Hands-Free Access package allows you to wave your foot under the rear bumper to open the trunk when the key fob is near.
Old 11-01-2015 | 07:15 PM

2016 C63 S AMG W205
Originally Posted by jyeh74
Hi folks, I am building out a C63s on the MB website and I seem to have come across a glitch.

The Parking Assist Package is $1290 and includes
- PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist
- Surround View System

How come when I click on this package, it automatically selects the PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist for $970 below it? Isn't this feature already included in the Parking Assist Package? So it's like counting it twice.

Also, why won't it allow me to select Rearview camera for $460? When I try to select it, it says I have to deselect the Parking Assist Package. Does the Parking Assist Package already include the rearview camera (maybe part of the Surround View System)?

What is the HANDS-FREE ACCESS Package?
I don't believe the 2015 c63s I was looking at had it.
I can't imagine that a car like this doesn't have an electronic trunk closer on the inside of the car as a button or by pressing the key fob, as an option? Should be standard that you can open the trunk with your key or by pressing a button inside the car.

Has anyone been successful in getting pricing for orders UNDER MSRP in California? If so, please let me know some recommendations in the Orange County or Los Angeles County area.
So Parktronic has the rear camera only - not the 360 degree cameras included. I have Parktronic and it only has the rear view camera.

In my opinion Parktronic is probably not worth the $'s.

The trunk thing is only $250 and it basically auto opens the trunk when you "lightly kick" below the bumper - kind of a hands free open if you will.
Old 11-01-2015 | 07:23 PM

2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 C63S
its the soft close that sells me on the hands free access. I hate when trunks slam shut. Not very elegant for a car of this class.
Old 11-01-2015 | 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
You are able to get Parktronic as a stand alone option. Some people, believe it or not, do not care about 360 cameras.

The multimedia package removed the rear view camera on the 2016's and it is now a stand alone option. The price still adds up to be the same but you can have a car with Multimedia without the camera.
Old 11-01-2015 | 09:14 PM

Thanks guys. I priced it out to be around 83k MSRP. Has anyone gotten anything significantly less as a pre order? I was thinking like at least 6k off MSRP