Sponsored by:

Black console screen won't turn on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 2018
Originally Posted by Outlaww28
Good evening, i have a 08 cl 63 AMG and the command center screen was going in and out. It is completely blacked out now. I have pressed down the on off roller wheel button and I have also held down the cd eject button for over 20 seconds. Any idea what else it could be? Thank you.
Happened to my car ( see thread) but the next day morning I turned on my car and the screen came back to life
The following users liked this post:
Fordgt40 (06-26-2024)
Old 08-03-2022, 05:26 PM

Received 133 Likes on 93 Posts
2018 C63s
Originally Posted by Outlaww28
Good evening, i have a 08 cl 63 AMG and the command center screen was going in and out. It is completely blacked out now. I have pressed down the on off roller wheel button and I have also held down the cd eject button for over 20 seconds. Any idea what else it could be? Thank you.
****Assuming it is not something simple like an intermittent ground or blown fuse, etc.. the screens do sometimes go bad and basically burn out. They are exposed to some pretty extreme temp ranges over their lives, and the electronics in them can fail at the circuit board level. A handy enough person with a multimeter, a power supply, and some skills can find the broken or intermittent component and replace it (capacitor, resistors, etc..) but most folks just buy a used and known working command center console and replace the old one - they are somewhat plug and play once you get the old one out. Check Ebay, or go online and do a search for a used one if the thing just stops working 100% on the current one. Sometimes, the switch itself goes bad and that is easy enough and cheap to replace once sourced. 2008 to 2022 is a long time for that kind of electronics, especially if the car is outside a lot or has a lot of miles, etc.. Stuff just breaks on older cars, especially electronics.

Good luck

Old 06-05-2024, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gle 450
LIFE SAVER

thank goodness I came across this answer, I thought something was broken or needed to be fixed. I clearly pushed the button that I never knew existed!! Definitely didn’t know it was a power button. Thank you 😊
Originally Posted by datalink7
You CAN turn the screen off by pressing the button I talked about. That's why I mentioned it. A lot of people don't know it's a button. They just think it's a scroll wheel. Just making sure that you tried that one in your "pressing every button" routine (just because not everyone knows that it's actually a button).

This is the button I'm talking about:

Attachment 370209
Old 06-25-2024, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
lexus
You can always reset the system by holding down the CD Eject button.

Last edited by DeanMassy; 06-25-2024 at 02:40 PM.