Sponsored by:

Considering a C63 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C63S
Just figured I'd give y'all an update.

I placed an order for a 2017 C63S over the weekend.

Dealer says I'm first on their list for 2017 and the car should hopefully be here by October at the latest.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:30 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
Congrats. Welcome to the family!

I couldn't wait so I bought a NOS 2015.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 701 Likes on 534 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by pman9003

Dealer says I'm first on their list for 2017 and the car should hopefully be here by October at the latest.
Congrats. Which Atlanta dealer?
Old 05-11-2016, 09:25 PM

2017 C63S
Originally Posted by ROMEO550
Congrats. Which Atlanta dealer?
MB Of Buckhead. They gave me the best price out of the 5 dealers I spoke to, so they got my $$$ lol
Old 05-13-2016, 12:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2017 C43 Coupe
Hey guys, So I'm a FNG here.

Strongly considering ordering a C63 S in the next week or two. Test drove a C450 and a W204 C63 (dealer didn't have a W205 C63) to get an idea of what the car would feel like. Not ideal, but it was enough to put it at the top of the list. Both cars were absolutely amazing to drive!

I just sold my 07 BMW E90 335i (Loaded, sport package, manual, etc). Not considering another BMW cause that one left me stranded twice (on road trips of course) and had a few other issues. Despite the fact that I was the original owner, always babied the car, did all the maintenance at the dealer and never tracked it. In a nutshell the reliability was pretty poor for the "Ultimate Driving Machine"

Now I've looked through both the W204 and W205 C63 sections and have seen quite a few complaints about various things. Is the C63 gonna be a repeat of my BMW ownership experience? I don't mind paying for expensive maintenance and I am very meticulous about doing all the recommended maintenance. What I don't like is stupid things breaking all the time, like door lock actuators, windshield washer fluid tanks, squeaks and rattles for no reason, just to list a few. If I am maintaining the car as recommended, then it should just work like its supposed. Obviously some things will eventually need to be replaced due to age, but my BMW was just ridiculous.

I like to keep my cars for a while when I buy them. I have two Lexus LXs with 180k and 190K on each and only recently have I had to do some repairs that are not normal maintenance, but considering the mileage, what went wrong, and how I have driven them, I'm still utterly amazed at how well they are engineered/built. These rest has just been regular PM or wear and tear like tires/brakes/etc.

I would love to hear from some owners here their experiences with their current or previous C63.

Thanks!
The N54 motor was a disaster, awesome motor as far as power output and tuning but not reliable at all so not surprised there. I had 3 different 3 series with N54 and never had any issues though. The W205 and W204 are two total different cars. Same with C450 and C63 S. They're both great cars and with a simple tune they put out crazy power. I just leased a 15 335i in February and am already considering switching over to MB.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:19 AM

2017 C63S
Originally Posted by kabawi91
The N54 motor was a disaster, awesome motor as far as power output and tuning but not reliable at all so not surprised there. I had 3 different 3 series with N54 and never had any issues though. The W205 and W204 are two total different cars. Same with C450 and C63 S. They're both great cars and with a simple tune they put out crazy power. I just leased a 15 335i in February and am already considering switching over to MB.
Much to my surprise, I never had major engine problems. Couple leaky gaskets, water pump, and a coolant hose all under 75K miles. Not good, but also not too different from other BMW engines from what I've heard/read. Fortunately I never had to deal with turbo or fuel system issues like some did.

The water pump pissed me off because BMW doesn't even have a maintenance schedule for changing it. I asked the service guy about it before a trip to FL and he said "We'll tell you when it needs to be changed". One week later I was stuck 500 miles from home with a water pump that shredded itself....

Lexus on the other hand is very clear about it, new water pump every 90K. I can live with that. Especially since they don't fail before they are supposed to be changed.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C63S
Hey guys, So I'm a FNG here.

Strongly considering ordering a C63 S in the next week or two. Test drove a C450 and a W204 C63 (dealer didn't have a W205 C63) to get an idea of what the car would feel like. Not ideal, but it was enough to put it at the top of the list. Both cars were absolutely amazing to drive!

I just sold my 07 BMW E90 335i (Loaded, sport package, manual, etc). Not considering another BMW cause that one left me stranded twice (on road trips of course) and had a few other issues. Despite the fact that I was the original owner, always babied the car, did all the maintenance at the dealer and never tracked it. In a nutshell the reliability was pretty poor for the "Ultimate Driving Machine"

Now I've looked through both the W204 and W205 C63 sections and have seen quite a few complaints about various things. Is the C63 gonna be a repeat of my BMW ownership experience? I don't mind paying for expensive maintenance and I am very meticulous about doing all the recommended maintenance. What I don't like is stupid things breaking all the time, like door lock actuators, windshield washer fluid tanks, squeaks and rattles for no reason, just to list a few. If I am maintaining the car as recommended, then it should just work like its supposed. Obviously some things will eventually need to be replaced due to age, but my BMW was just ridiculous.

I like to keep my cars for a while when I buy them. I have two Lexus LXs with 180k and 190K on each and only recently have I had to do some repairs that are not normal maintenance, but considering the mileage, what went wrong, and how I have driven them, I'm still utterly amazed at how well they are engineered/built. These rest has just been regular PM or wear and tear like tires/brakes/etc.

I would love to hear from some owners here their experiences with their current or previous C63.

Thanks!
Had the previous 6.3l and switched to the 4.0 biturbo. Never had any issue. Go get one asap (:
Old 05-16-2016, 07:11 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe

Congrats! Just curious, is head's up display on your order/build? There is apparently a supply chain issue that is delaying production for builds with HUD across the 2017 C model line. I have an order in for a 2017 AMG C63 S coupe, and as of today, they cannot even add the option in Netstar.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:15 AM

2017 C63S
Originally Posted by jhillman
Congrats! Just curious, is head's up display on your order/build? There is apparently a supply chain issue that is delaying production for builds with HUD across the 2017 C model line. I have an order in for a 2017 AMG C63 S coupe, and as of today, they cannot even add the option in Netstar.
I do have the HUD on my build and I am aware of the supply chain issue. The dealer hasn't mentioned anything to me about it, but I also haven't asked. Unless it creates a ridiculously long delay, I will just wait for it to become available again. It sucks, but the whole reason I am ordering a car is to get it the way that I want it.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:58 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
I do have the HUD on my build and I am aware of the supply chain issue. The dealer hasn't mentioned anything to me about it, but I also haven't asked. Unless it creates a ridiculously long delay, I will just wait for it to become available again. It sucks, but the whole reason I am ordering a car is to get it the way that I want it.
Did you get any update on the HUD from your dealer?