Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 S AMG Edition 1 Coupe, Silver or Blue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2019 | 03:02 PM

Mercedes C63S AMG
Which colour?

It's now 3 years later (August 2019) since this post where DragonRR had to choose between blue and silver and I now need to make a similar decision.

I'm being offered three ex-demo C63 S AMG 2019 models all of which will only be available in a couple of months and I can't currently view any of them! All have similar specs, mileage and price, so colour will be the deciding factor. There's Iridium Silver, Brilliant Blue and the new Mojave Silver. They all have premium plus and the night pack, so black trims etc. They also have the black cross spoke 19"/20" alloys and red calipers. I've been using the Mercedes configuration tool to get an idea of what they will look like, but this doesn't include Mojave Silver and there aren't any examples of this colour on the web on a C63! Originally, I thought brilliant blue as it is such a nice fresh, bright colour and really shines in the sun (based on photos I've seen). However, I then thought iridium silver would contrast better against the black wheels, trim and panoramic sunroof, but this is pretty much a standard colour! Test drove a black C63 S today. Wow! Definitely the car to replace my 12 year old Jaguar XKR. It possibly can't complete against the classic lines of the XKR, but it makes up for this in power and technology.

I feel as though the Majove Silver is possibly the worst of the three colours so I may drop this one.

I would appreciate any thoughts on which colour to go for and why as this is a really hard decision to make!

Iridium Siliver Metallic

Brilliant Blue Metallic

Last edited by milleniumaire; 08-31-2019 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Add images
Old 08-31-2019 | 03:49 PM

c63s
Both are great colors for the c63. I have the iridium silver sedan and it really matches well with the black 19" wheels and night package. The silver has a more luxury look while the brilliant blue has a more sporty look. The blue and black gives the car a more darker appearance compared to silver and black. I personally would still opt for silver if I were to get a coupe. I see that blue color on so many other cars I.e Subaru, Acura, and civics/accord.
Another note, at night the silver with black wheels and night package looks really nice with some lighting outside.

Now if you can get get your hands on the iridium silver magno, that's even better. Saw a GTS with that color and it looks amazing.
Old 08-31-2019 | 03:57 PM

2019 AMG C63S
Color choices are highly based on personal preferences. Among the three choices you presented (Brilliant Blue, Iridium Silver and Mojave Silver), I would personally go with Brilliant Blue, since it's a wonderful color as you described. It goes fairly well with the black wheels. The only drawback I see is that the black trim pieces in the front and sides are not so visible in most lighting.

Iridium/Mojave silver colors on the other hand make the trim pieces in the night package stand out better compared to blue. They are great colors too, however as per my personal preferences I'm not fond of the Silver color compared to other colors.

My personal favorite however is white (Polar White / Diamond White / Cashmere White) with the Night package. Also, it's an easier color to maintain in the long run too. With the black pano roof and the night package, you can clearly see the two-tone effect with white. Red is another favorite of mine (the Designo Cardinal Red is a great color), just that it adds unnecessary attention while driving, may or may not be a good thing
Old 09-01-2019 | 07:48 AM

Mercedes C63S AMG
Thanks for your responses guys. 1 for blue and 1 for silver. I have the same from my family - split down the middle!

Tuxdude, I agree the white with black is the best way to get a contrast. Last year we got a white X5 with the black pack and it does look good.

Oh well, still need to make a decision, but plenty of time yet....
Old 09-01-2019 | 02:48 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
I looked for 2 months back in March and was changing my mind every day on color, final went with Iridium Silver and love it. 2019 C63S coupe.
Old 09-04-2019 | 04:45 AM

Mercedes C63S AMG
Thanks for the feedback jj18. As much as I like the brilliant blue, iridium silver feels "safer". I'm still undecided, but hopefully both cars will be available for me to view and I can then make a final decision.
Old 09-04-2019 | 08:50 AM

2022 E450 Cabriolet
I've had brilliant blue for over a year and love it , have no regrets although it was a tough decision at the time . There are many cars in a similar blue these days ,but, waaay more silvers !
Old 09-05-2019 | 02:45 PM

Mercedes C63S AMG
Hi splunge, I agree there are a "lot" of silver cars around and it doesn't feel like a "special" colour. We changed our 11 year old silver X5 last year, so we've had a silver car for a loooong time, which is another reason I wasn't too interested in getting a silver Merc. However, I like the way the black pack stands out against the silver better than blue and silver is Mercedes stock colour. I also need to think about resale as much as what I like as I only plan to keep the car for a year or two.
Old 09-05-2019 | 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
iridium is super underrated imo. perfect silver color - really highlights the body lines with the metallic. easily one of the best colors on this car
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019 | 02:55 PM

c63s
If you can go spend a little (more like lot lol) more definitely opt for the iridium silver magno. I have yet to see a c63 with that color in person. I know one other guy on this forum has a iridium silver magno convertible. You will definitely stand out and gets tons of looks.
jj18 (09-10-2019)
Old 02-05-2020 | 08:25 AM

Mercedes C63S AMG
Just thought I would post an update as I picked up my C63S AMG a couple of days ago. In the end I got the silver, rather than the blue, mainly because this was the one that ended its lease first and so became available for me to purchase. I'm not disappointed I didn't get the blue as I felt the Iridium Silver was a "safer" colour. Here's a photo.

The silver bodywork definitely contrasts nicely with the black accessories.

Looking forward to giving it a good wash and doing some detailing.....
jj18 (02-05-2020)
Old 02-06-2020 | 09:50 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by milleniumaire
Just thought I would post an update as I picked up my C63S AMG a couple of days ago. In the end I got the silver, rather than the blue, mainly because this was the one that ended its lease first and so became available for me to purchase. I'm not disappointed I didn't get the blue as I felt the Iridium Silver was a "safer" colour. Here's a photo.

The silver bodywork definitely contrasts nicely with the black accessories.

Looking forward to giving it a good wash and doing some detailing.....
. Great choice.