Configuring C63S Coupe - Headaches!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Audi S5
Configuring C63S Coupe - Headaches!

Hi guys,

I'm from Canada, and configuring my C63S has been quite the headache from the start. Has anybody had a similar experience or have any more details on what might be available on the coupe?

1. Interior trim:
Originally chose the dark wood ash, open pore. This choice bounced back to the dealership saying restricted. Dealership doesn't know if this will be available for the first production line run and since I'd lose my slot in line I went with Piano black instead (was hoping not to have the seat position panel in silver but oh well).

2. Ventilated seats:
Similarly this choice seemingly available when we built the configuration also bounced back and the dealership has no idea when it may become available, possibly never.

3. Designo Interior package:
Was originally listed as available for the saddle brown but now not available at all. I switched to Red/Black interior but since I had to get rid of the dark wood ash I changed yet again to the black with grey suede stripes as I didn't like the look of the red/black against the silver panel at the seat controls that comes with the piano black trim.

4. AMG Night Package + Carbon rear lip and mirrors:
Cannot combine these in Canada. One or the other. Guess I'll just wrap the rear lip in 3M carbon fiber. Plus in Canada it's just high gloss black, not carbon.

First world problems, I know - just didn't really expect to have to compromise on these things on a $100,000 car.

Still excited though haha! October 30th expected delivery. At least I still was able to choose the Brilliant Blue with the 20/19 matte black AMG wheels.

I've had 4 revised configurations I've had to sign and re-sign already.

/endrant

PS - anybody want my 2014 S5 :p
Old 05-19-2016, 05:47 PM

bmw
Originally Posted by CapnT
Hi guys,

I'm from Canada, and configuring my C63S has been quite the headache from the start. Has anybody had a similar experience or have any more details on what might be available on the coupe?

1. Interior trim:
Originally chose the dark wood ash, open pore. This choice bounced back to the dealership saying restricted. Dealership doesn't know if this will be available for the first production line run and since I'd lose my slot in line I went with Piano black instead (was hoping not to have the seat position panel in silver but oh well).

2. Ventilated seats:
Similarly this choice seemingly available when we built the configuration also bounced back and the dealership has no idea when it may become available, possibly never.

3. Designo Interior package:
Was originally listed as available for the saddle brown but now not available at all. I switched to Red/Black interior but since I had to get rid of the dark wood ash I changed yet again to the black with grey suede stripes as I didn't like the look of the red/black against the silver panel at the seat controls that comes with the piano black trim.

4. AMG Night Package + Carbon rear lip and mirrors:
Cannot combine these in Canada. One or the other. Guess I'll just wrap the rear lip in 3M carbon fiber. Plus in Canada it's just high gloss black, not carbon.

First world problems, I know - just didn't really expect to have to compromise on these things on a $100,000 car.

Still excited though haha! October 30th expected delivery. At least I still was able to choose the Brilliant Blue with the 20/19 matte black AMG wheels.

I've had 4 revised configurations I've had to sign and re-sign already.

/endrant

PS - anybody want my 2014 S5 :p
Where in Canada are you from? I think everywhere in North America has issues ordering right now, I'm assuming no pricing yet? Surprised you even got a slot

What about hud did you order this?
Old 05-19-2016, 06:11 PM

2014 Audi S5
I'm in Alberta. And correct, no pricing yet. I've got the slot with an assured build date of within the first 10 days of August with the expected delivery date of Oct. 30th.

I'm not holding my breath for any type of Designo interior as it's already available for USA market C63 sedans but not an option for Canadian C63(S) sedans

According to the Canadian "My17 C-class coupe" brochure, the HUD is contained within the Premium package that also includes Active Parktronic with autonomous parallel parking.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:21 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
I'm in Alberta. And correct, no pricing yet. I've got the slot with an assured build date of within the first 10 days of August with the expected delivery date of Oct. 30th.

I'm not holding my breath for any type of Designo interior as it's already available for USA market C63 sedans but not an option for Canadian C63(S) sedans

According to the Canadian "My17 C-class coupe" brochure, the HUD is contained within the Premium package that also includes Active Parktronic with autonomous parallel parking.
My understanding is HUD will not be available until Sept. or Oct. production at the earliest, so will be interesting to see if that option stays intact for your August production date. The only issue I've run into so far is the HUD, which is a stand-alone option in the US. Have a build scheduled for 1st decade Sept. prod. now, but they can't add the HUD at this time. Will wait to see if they can add before production (up to the last minute), or will need to cancel/rebuild my order with a new slot once the HUD is available to add. Such a pain, but your issues sound worse. I have black ash on my build and so far no communication from the dealer that will be an issue.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
I currently have the sedan and there was never an option for ventilated seats. They have heated seats as standard.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:19 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Sanch
I currently have the sedan and there was never an option for ventilated seats. They have heated seats as standard.
Ventilated is a new option for 2017, unless you get the AMG performance seats.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S

I have designo interior in my sedan. In Toronto
Old 05-20-2016, 12:09 PM

2014 Audi S5
Originally Posted by jhillman
My understanding is HUD will not be available until Sept. or Oct. production at the earliest, so will be interesting to see if that option stays intact for your August production date. The only issue I've run into so far is the HUD, which is a stand-alone option in the US. Have a build scheduled for 1st decade Sept. prod. now, but they can't add the HUD at this time. Will wait to see if they can add before production (up to the last minute), or will need to cancel/rebuild my order with a new slot once the HUD is available to add. Such a pain, but your issues sound worse. I have black ash on my build and so far no communication from the dealer that will be an issue.
Thanks for letting me know. Since our HUD is lumped into a package the dealership might miss the fact that it may be unavailable. I'll call to check.

Yea too bad they have no idea what production run it may appear in

Originally Posted by callmiro

I have designo interior in my sedan. In Toronto
That's awesome - how did you manage that with it not being available as an option on mercedes.ca? Did you get the brown or the white?
Old 05-20-2016, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Thanks for letting me know. Since our HUD is lumped into a package the dealership might miss the fact that it may be unavailable. I'll call to check.

Yea too bad they have no idea what production run it may appear in

That's awesome - how did you manage that with it not being available as an option on mercedes.ca? Did you get the brown or the white?
Mercedes.ca does not list all available configuration. Your sales guy has a detailed binder that has all available options and configurations.

I got the Saddle Brown Sport seats with the walnut wood trim
Old 05-20-2016, 02:02 PM

2014 Audi S5
Good to know thanks. That's going to look amazing, same set-up I was dreaming of having on mine.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:52 PM

2014 Audi S5
The dealership called me back - they said they were just informed that apparently Mercedes has run out of the HUD modules which is why they can't offer it for the first production run. They said they would commensurately decrease the price of the premium package.

So I decided to cancel my August order and just wait until I can actually build the car I want. Not a huge deal as I won't have to 'learn' this car in the middle of a Canadian winter - will just drive the quattro S5 until I can get the C63S sometime in 2017.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Good to know - I have the AMG performance seats!~
Old 05-28-2016, 12:11 PM

2014 Audi S5
So just got an e-mail from the dealership - they said the heads up display has been completely pulled from the 2017 C Coupe and no info that it will appear in the next model year.

Anybody else hearing something similar?
Old 05-28-2016, 12:20 PM

bmw
So just got an e-mail from the dealership - they said the heads up display has been completely pulled from the 2017 C Coupe and no info that it will appear in the next model year.

yeah i heard something like that...

hard to believe it would take them that long to get HUD back and up again..
Old 05-28-2016, 12:41 PM

2014 Audi S5
Sure would suck to wait for the 2018 model year just to find out all these things are still not available. Could just go with the sedan or stay with Audi for the S7 and tune it to match C63 power and then some...
Old 05-28-2016, 12:41 PM

bmw
The sedan has the same problem
Old 05-28-2016, 12:43 PM

2014 Audi S5
It does? I thought the C63S sedan I drove a couple times a few months ago had it....hmm...now I'm doubting myself.

Edit: Just checked the Canadian site and you can add the HUD to the sedan for $1,500

Last edited by CapnT; 05-28-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4

If it turns out that my car cannot be built with the HUD, there will be HELL to pay as I've already purchased non-refundable flights to Germany for two. I already pushed my pickup date over a month back for European delivery in order to get 100% confirmation that my Coupe will be built with the HUD and Black Ash trim (in writing from my dealership).

I will ask after the holiday weekend and let you guys know what they say. If what you're saying turns out to be true, not only am I asking for my deposit back, but I will also seek legal action against MB to reimburse me for my travel expenses.

What a great buying experience for a $90k+ car! Maybe I should go to Porsche instead...
Old 05-28-2016, 12:53 PM

2014 Audi S5
Wow really hope that somehow the US market was able to configure it with the HUD and Black Ash for your sake.

Definitely both of those have been pulled from production for the Canadian market.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:53 PM

bmw
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
If it turns out that my car cannot be built with the HUD, there will be HELL to pay as I've already purchased non-refundable flights to Germany for two. I already pushed my pickup date over a month back for European delivery in order to get 100% confirmation that my Coupe will be built with the HUD and Black Ash trim (in writing from my dealership).

I will ask after the holiday weekend and let you guys know what they say. If what you're saying turns out to be true, not only am I asking for my deposit back, but I will also seek legal action against MB to reimburse me for my travel expenses.

What a great buying experience for a $90k+ car! Maybe I should go to Porsche instead...

Did they tell you when you can get HUD?
Old 05-28-2016, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by Bespoke88
Did they tell you when you can get HUD?
I was told there would be an 80-90% chance that mine would be built with the HUD and black ash if I kept my original ED date of 9/5/16, but if I pushed it back to October (10/10/16) they can guarantee it will be built with those options. I didn't want to risk not getting those options, so I opted for the October delivery.

So I would assume Semtember builds will have the HUD and black ash available (at least for the US market).

I'll relay what I hear back next week from the dealership.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:10 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
It's hard to believe that MB would have this much trouble with their supply chain on 2 fairly popular options. If I were ordering the S trim, there's no way I'd settle for the piano black unless the dealership gave me a significant discount for not being able to provide something that's a standard feature.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:59 AM

2014 Audi S5
Anybody get any updates?

Dealership has gone dark on me ever since I told them to cancel my August production and I'll just wait until I can order what I want.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Anybody get any updates?

Dealership has gone dark on me ever since I told them to cancel my August production and I'll just wait until I can order what I want.
I would find a dealer that was concerned about you instead of just their bottom line. Many of these guys just don't look at the long term and your future purchases if they treat you right now.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:53 AM

2014 Audi S5
Yea that would be nice....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Configuring C63S Coupe - Headaches!