C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by DragonRR
I decided to cancel my order today. It wasn't so much the waiting but the waiting for an unknown length of time that was the problem for me because it stopped me being able to look forward to the car at all.

The dealer has agreed to the cancellation and deposit return but has asked me to give them a day or so to see if they can do anything at all. As it currently stands, even in the face of a cancelled car, Mercedes are unable or unwilling to provide a firm delivery date.

I'm quite sure Mercedes will soon fix whatever is broken but I suspect for me it will be too late. I may try again when the black edition appears
Man, that is really sad... I can fully understand where you're coming from.

And it's pretty unprofessional that they weren't able to persuade you to stay by pushing your order through.

All things happen for a reason my man, no doubt the black series will be a even bigger beast to tame.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:58 AM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Thanks for the comments. I am annoyed about it especially because of the lack of communication but Mercedes will know that saying nothing is damaging so they must have a damned good reason for the silence. It is a 1st world problem, I've put a deposit down on an ex. demo RS6. Strangely I can't actually have it until early October! But at least it is already there, I've seen it and I know I'll get it (subject to it being smashed to pieces in the interim period lol!).
Old 09-02-2016, 09:59 AM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Thanks for the comments. I am annoyed about it especially because of the lack of communication but Mercedes will know that saying nothing is damaging so they must have a damned good reason for the silence. It is a 1st world problem, I've put a deposit down on an ex. demo RS6. Strangely I can't actually have it until early October! But at least it is already there, I've seen it and I know I'll get it (subject to it being smashed to pieces in the interim period lol!).
RS6 Avant or Sedan?
Old 09-02-2016, 10:41 AM

C7 Avant, I don't think you have the RS6 in the US yet, just the RS7?
Old 09-02-2016, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG Edition 507 Coupe
Mine finally turned up today! Ordered August 9th 2015... arrives September 2nd 2016! But she's a beaut!
Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 AM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
C7 Avant, I don't think you have the RS6 in the US yet, just the RS7?
Just the RS7. I don't think we'll ever get the RS6 Avant here in the States so consider me extremely jealous
Old 09-02-2016, 01:50 PM

Mercedes C63S Coupe Edition 1
DragonRR, I know how you feel and its a shame that you have decided to cancel :-(

Something that "might" change your mind though....

After spending a week chasing and getting my order escalated through the dealer and Mercedes UK my car is not not on block anymore and has changed to Ex-Factory which means it has left the factory - there is now a date on the system of arriving in the UK on 9th Sept and at my dealer on 15th Sept....

I had already negotiated 1 free service when I purchased the car and I have just been given 2 more free services by the local Mercedes garage as well as a gesture of good will - so I have 3 free services to use up!!!

Anyway not sure if it is coincidence that mine is now finally on the move or whether complaining and getting it escalated has helped - who knows?

But maybe they are all on the move again, so if it's not too late might be worth checking to see if your cancelled order has moved along maybe???

Last edited by Simonhouse; 09-02-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:19 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
I decided to cancel my order today. It wasn't so much the waiting but the waiting for an unknown length of time that was the problem for me because it stopped me being able to look forward to the car at all.

The dealer has agreed to the cancellation and deposit return but has asked me to give them a day or so to see if they can do anything at all. As it currently stands, even in the face of a cancelled car, Mercedes are unable or unwilling to provide a firm delivery date.

I'm quite sure Mercedes will soon fix whatever is broken but I suspect for me it will be too late. I may try again when the black edition appears
That's sad news indeed Dragon. Damn shame but your reasoning makes sense, sorry that you had such a bad experience, don't know what mercedes has been playing at. Anyway, your replacement is just as much of a beast (I daresay even moreso) so it's not all bad, enjoy it when you pick it up mate
Old 09-02-2016, 05:06 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GTR
Really sad to hear about your cancellation DragonRR. I was really looking forward seeing your spec. This type of service also shouldn't be rewarded with a purchase. Hopefully next time your experience with Mercedes will be better and enjoy your new car!
Old 09-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Thanks all. Due to yet another "hiccup" (on my part this time) in my car fiasco I neglected to check that the RS6 had a rear parking camera. Obviously it doesn't... I mean who would want one on £70k+ car! I think I can get one retro fitted but right now I have stalled again. The Mercedes dealer contacted me and has refunded the deposit but thinks he may have some news on Monday (according to Mercedes UK). @Simonhouse... As you will have noticed my car left the factory some time ago. Why it has no confirmed uk arrival date is completely beyond me.

If neither of the above work out, well I might drown my sorrows with a black F-Type R AWD!

Last edited by DragonRR; 09-02-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:04 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Maybe you are meant to have the C63. Let's see what Monday brings.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Hey Dragon. I was also considering the F-Type R AWD. I did like how customisable they were compared to the C63. However I was put off by the fact it's not as technologically advanced as the C63 plus the quality I don't think is quite up to par with Benz. The transmission is a bit dated too. Upgraded calipers in my country are pricey for something that I feel should come standard on a Jag supercar. All this for a car that looks & sounds marginally better than the C63 coupe but is essentially much more expensive.
I understand the 2017 model will bring enhancements but not sure what they are.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by grizzly111
Hey Dragon. I was also considering the F-Type R AWD. I did like how customisable they were compared to the C63. However I was put off by the fact it's not as technologically advanced as the C63 plus the quality I don't think is quite up to par with Benz. The transmission is a bit dated too. Upgraded calipers in my country are pricey for something that I feel should come standard on a Jag supercar. All this for a car that looks & sounds marginally better than the C63 coupe but is essentially much more expensive.
I understand the 2017 model will bring enhancements but not sure what they are.
My partner has an F-Type S cab which she loves and I drive from time to time. Looks amazing, drives really well. The tech as you say isn't quite up to Merc/Audi/Bmw standards but it isn't far off and the higher end sound system (Meridian) is really good. I've actually found the transmission to be surprisingly good, gear changes are pretty quick and responsive generally. The interiors of the C63 and RS6 are a little nicer than the Jag but the Jag is still a nice place to be. From a desirability point of view the F-Type wins but we'd have two which seems a bit ridiculous.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:04 AM

My partner has an F-Type S cab which she loves and I drive from time to time. Looks amazing, drives really well. The tech as you say isn't quite up to Merc/Audi/Bmw standards but it isn't far off and the higher end sound system (Meridian) is really good. I've actually found the transmission to be surprisingly good, gear changes are pretty quick and responsive generally. The interiors of the C63 and RS6 are a little nicer than the Jag but the Jag is still a nice place to be. From a desirability point of view the F-Type wins but we'd have two which seems a bit ridiculous.
I agree with you on all that Dragon, the F Type is an absolutely brilliant machine with looks that could kill too, drove an S cab last summer and loved it! It's actually been on my list for a while, I'm waiting for the imminent facelift (which should bring the tech up to scratch) to put money down on either an R-AWD cab or if I'm feeling reckless maybe even the SVR cab
Old 09-06-2016, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB

Probably most have seen this already, but an awesome little montage of the C63s ED1
Old 09-06-2016, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Memento
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogKX4QhsvyY

Probably most have seen this already, but an awesome little montage of the C63s ED1
New to me Memento, makes me feel so much better about cancelling my order for the gloss paint version of the car in the vid...
Not.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:03 PM

Perhaps my last update about my car since I am essentially forced to commit to the RS6 tomorrow.
My dealer (Stafford Mercedes) have been as good as can be expected in the circumstances. They have continued to try to get answers from Mercedes UK and Germany but the car is sat in Bremerhaven built and through QC but "on hold" with no ETA. My dealer also suspects an option I have picked has caused the problem (The only options I didn't check were Ceramics and I didn't get the HUD because they didn't have any available.)
Old 09-24-2016, 12:42 PM

Bloody car has turned up hasn't it. 1-2 weeks away from collecting the RS6. Went to have a look at the dealers today, could have it on Tuesday. Something of a dilemma now. Pics to follow.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:50 PM

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-img_2499_zpsugks48li.jpg
Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-img_5527_zpshm78ftpc.jpg
Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-img_2498_zpse23r2iua.jpg

OR this (not taken in ideal condtions and quite dirty!):

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-audijpg_zpsmmsdwdfj.jpg
Save

Last edited by DragonRR; 09-24-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:13 PM

Mercedes C63S Coupe Edition 1
Decisions decisions! DragonRR both are great cars so whichever you choose you will be happy with...
I think mine was on the same ship as yours then as I am collecting mine on Wednesday afternoon!
Got there in the end....
Old 09-24-2016, 01:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looks like two totally different animals. Go with your original order- the Benz. No brainer IMHO.

Last edited by mjm72; 09-24-2016 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 09-24-2016, 01:45 PM

The laughing is from my son who "quite" liked the noise
Save
The following users liked this post:
Jimmy_c63s (02-03-2020)
Old 09-24-2016, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Simonhouse
Decisions decisions! DragonRR both are great cars so whichever you choose you will be happy with...
I think mine was on the same ship as yours then as I am collecting mine on Wednesday afternoon!
Got there in the end....
Congrats Simonhouse! Finally made it, look forward to delivery pics!

OR this (not taken in ideal condtions and quite dirty!):

Save
Thats quite an ultimatum there Dragon, by the way, extremely happy that your car finally arrived, the end of a very long road! Shame that the RS6 came into the picture.

I say go for the C63 (no bias here I promise ). It's what you went for in the beginning and while the RS6 might be more practical and have the benefit of 4WD, you know you're gonna enjoy the experience of the C63 so much more, and it's the better looking of the two imo.

In the end it's your choice mate, whichever one you'll be most satisfied with, both great cars in their own right.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:32 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
You ordered the C63 before the RS6 for a reason, stick with it now that the timing is a null factor.
The following users liked this post:
DragonRR (09-30-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 02:36 PM

Thanks for all the comments guys. I have a couple of days to make my mind up!

And @SimonHouse - enjoy your car!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)