C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Sanch
'Dragon, if you want I'll post some out to you mate lol
What am I, chopped livah?
😉
Old 11-02-2016, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by auditoamg
What am I, chopped livah?
😉
You should be fine you've gone with ECS
Old 11-03-2016, 05:47 AM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
This was/is the problem with the thinner spacers, exaggerated. Don't flame me for my poor CAD skillz

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)-spacer1_zpsruimuhgh.jpg

Last edited by DragonRR; 11-03-2016 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Originally Posted by DragonRR
This was/is the problem with the thinner spacers, exaggerated. Don't flame me for my poor CAD skillz

No, well done!!!! But this was H&R, right?
Old 11-03-2016, 09:16 AM

No, well done!!!! But this was H&R, right?
Yes... but it will probably apply to others because there has to be a reasonable thickness of steel to support the extended hub.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Yes... but it will probably apply to others because there has to be a reasonable thickness of steel to support the extended hub.
Well, I pulled the trigger and just decided to replace ALL the tires on the car with one size up... I didn't go with the 305s in the rear, for fear of bulging, etc. However, I'm still awaiting responses from ECS on 10 and 12mm spacers for the front and rear, respectively. I'm now not even sure I want to take the risk due premature bearing failure, but we'll see what they say.

Edit: Tires are on their way and should be here right about the same time the car arrives. LMAO!!!

Last edited by auditoamg; 11-03-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:35 PM

Well, I pulled the trigger and just decided to replace ALL the tires on the car with one size up... I didn't go with the 305s in the rear, for fear of bulging, etc. However, I'm still awaiting responses from ECS on 10 and 12mm spacers for the front and rear, respectively. I'm now not even sure I want to take the risk due premature bearing failure, but we'll see what they say.

Edit: Tires are on their way and should be here right about the same time the car arrives. LMAO!!!
I've done some googling of the spacer problem. There are a lot of posts from people who didn't want to go too far with spacers so opted for less than 15mm and end up with the flange inside the spacer hitting the hub. Solution often seems to be grind the hub down.... NOT something I would even think about doing but it would work

I like the way Sanch's car looks, the stance makes a difference but it isn't enough of a difference for me to gamble with 15mm spacers especially without modding the suspension (which means potential warranty problems). So, for the time being, it is a shelved project.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
I've done some googling of the spacer problem. There are a lot of posts from people who didn't want to go too far with spacers so opted for less than 15mm and end up with the flange inside the spacer hitting the hub. Solution often seems to be grind the hub down.... NOT something I would even think about doing but it would work

I like the way Sanch's car looks, the stance makes a difference but it isn't enough of a difference for me to gamble with 15mm spacers especially without modding the suspension (which means potential warranty problems). So, for the time being, it is a shelved project.
I think I have to agree with you on this.
I'm not willing to risk it.
I'm especially NOT grinding hubs down....
Old 11-03-2016, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Folks - I have seen some of the MB coupes, possibly previous generations, that had the Night Package, with Black Emblems. Why do our vehicles still come with silver badging when order with the Night Package - any ideas???? Did I miss an option when ordering the vehicle?
Old 11-03-2016, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s

Nice, do post some pics when you get it changes... keen to see what it will look like.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s

Dragon, not sure how warranty works but in OZ it doesn't void warranty... they have to prove that the part caused the issue.

When I drove into my dealership pretty much everyone at the work shop came out to see the car... they couldn't believe how different the car looked with such minor mods. The dealer that sold me the car got the shop number and exactly my mods/ cost for his other customers that wanted to do the same. lol

It's always best to keep stock that is how the car is designed to work.

However for me looks and performance go equally

Ps: This is not permanent... Only until I find the perfect forged wheels to compliment the car
Old 11-03-2016, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Folks - I have seen some of the MB coupes, possibly previous generations, that had the Night Package, with Black Emblems. Why do our vehicles still come with silver badging when order with the Night Package - any ideas???? Did I miss an option when ordering the vehicle?
This does not come from the factory, people have done it themselves.

I'm keen to wrap my front grill but still in two minds...
Old 11-03-2016, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
This does not come from the factory, people have done it themselves.

I'm keen to wrap my front grill but still in two minds...
Yeah, I bought the emblems to do it, but I'm just surprised....
Old 11-03-2016, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Yeah, I bought the emblems to do it, but I'm just surprised....
Nice, what colour is your car?
Old 11-03-2016, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Nice, what colour is your car?
Iridium Silver
And I've got the Black 19/20s

That is, when it finally gets here...
Old 11-03-2016, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Iridium Silver
And I've got the Black 19/20s

That is, when it finally gets here...
Nice, black will look perfect on silver.

I'm still in two minds about wrapping the front grill gloss black... I think the silver is a nice contrast. But gloss black looks stealth!
Old 11-04-2016, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s

I'm still in two minds about wrapping the front grill gloss black... I think the silver is a nice contrast. But gloss black looks stealth!
My thoughts, exactly!!!!
I'm thinking the same!
Old 11-04-2016, 04:41 AM

Dragon, not sure how warranty works but in OZ it doesn't void warranty... they have to prove that the part caused the issue.

When I drove into my dealership pretty much everyone at the work shop came out to see the car... they couldn't believe how different the car looked with such minor mods. The dealer that sold me the car got the shop number and exactly my mods/ cost for his other customers that wanted to do the same. lol

It's always best to keep stock that is how the car is designed to work.

However for me looks and performance go equally

Ps: This is not permanent... Only until I find the perfect forged wheels to compliment the car
In the UK there is no Magnuson-Moss law like there is in the USA (and Australia by the sound of it) so a mod can potentially void your warranty. Normally it doesn't happen but the onus is more on the consumer than the manufacturer to prove the mod didn't cause the problem and anything can be used as a possible excuse.

Totally agree - looks and performance go hand in hand
Old 11-04-2016, 04:48 AM

As it is the silver bits balance with your wheels. I would either go, as you have, with the silver black look or full stealth where almost everything is black, maybe go with off coloured wheels like that guy who has bronze/black.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:19 AM

A quick update with some slightly annoying stuff.

I took my car in for the oil service last Wednesday. I mentioned two "rattles" one from around the driver's seat belt area (or so I thought) which is very intermittent and only sometimes noisy and one which is a ticking kind of leather plastic noise really from the back of the driver's seat. I went out with a mechanic, he heard the one from the seat and then took me down a cobbled street which would have been a test for a bloody Rolls Royce! After the cobbles another rattle surfaced from around the iPad area. I wasn't exactly happy! Anyway I asked for them to fix that too.

Since then I've been back twice to pick the car up. I haven't heard (thankfully) the iPad rattle, perhaps it has been fixed or perhaps it has just settled down but the seat belt rattle is still present and so is the seat "ticking". I went out in the car again with the service manager yesterday. He was pretty helpful really. He thinks the seat belt rattle is actually coming from the rear parcel shelf area. He has said that they are going to put a request into Mercedes for a replacement driver's seat and see if it gets approved before trying anything else. I am obviously quite frustrated about all this, I considered just taking the car back "as is" yesterday and drove over 10 miles just trying to get over the noises but I can't ... I hate persistent rattles ... so I've left the car with them with the hope I'll get it back later this week with a plan of action. You would have thought, by now, most cars would be made rattle free! VW seem to manage it!
Old 11-06-2016, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s

I took my car in for the oil service last Wednesday. I mentioned two "rattles" one from around the driver's seat belt area (or so I thought) which is very intermittent and only sometimes noisy and one which is a ticking kind of leather plastic noise really from the back of the driver's seat. I went out with a mechanic, he heard the one from the seat and then took me down a cobbled street which would have been a test for a bloody Rolls Royce! After the cobbles another rattle surfaced from around the iPad area. I wasn't exactly happy! Anyway I asked for them to fix that too.

Since then I've been back twice to pick the car up. I haven't heard (thankfully) the iPad rattle, perhaps it has been fixed or perhaps it has just settled down but the seat belt rattle is still present and so is the seat "ticking". I went out in the car again with the service manager yesterday. He was pretty helpful really. He thinks the seat belt rattle is actually coming from the rear parcel shelf area. He has said that they are going to put a request into Mercedes for a replacement driver's seat and see if it gets approved before trying anything else. I am obviously quite frustrated about all this, I considered just taking the car back "as is" yesterday and drove over 10 miles just trying to get over the noises but I can't ... I hate persistent rattles ... so I've left the car with them with the hope I'll get it back later this week with a plan of action. You would have thought, by now, most cars would be made rattle free! VW seem to manage it!
I'm sure this will get sorted! I can't stand rattles, myself. I have super sensitive hearing, which drives most of my dealers nuts! LOL
The following users liked this post:
DragonRR (11-06-2016)
Old 11-06-2016, 11:11 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
What a shame Dragon, hope it gets sorted.
DragonRR (11-06-2016)
Old 11-06-2016, 03:17 PM

Yes, fingers crossed! It's a 100% 1st world problem obviously. The only car I've owned without any rattles from new in the last 10 years was a Golf R. Solid is a rock. I am sure the dealers just roll their eyes when you have rattles. They know full well they are tough to fix and some customers, I'm sure, couldn't care less.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Yes, fingers crossed! It's a 100% 1st world problem obviously. The only car I've owned without any rattles from new in the last 10 years was a Golf R. Solid is a rock. I am sure the dealers just roll their eyes when you have rattles. They know full well they are tough to fix and some customers, I'm sure, couldn't care less.
In this price point, I'm quite certain they don't role their eyes. The challenge is, the platform is built on a lower cost model where Mercedes itself may not engineer to those higher standards.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s

Sorry to hear mate, I hope they work it out ASAP.

It would drive me nuts!
DragonRR (11-07-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)