C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 02:26 PM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
My dealer has informed me that my car's status shows it is still sat in Bremerhaven. He doesn't know why and Mercedes have not responded to his requests about why it hasn't moved.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:23 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Sorry to hear that mate. Let's hope it turns up soon.
The following users liked this post:
DragonRR (08-18-2016)
Old 08-21-2016, 02:29 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63S,2016 C63 S Edition 1 Coupe(gone), 2011 640D M Sports Coupe, 2015 435i M Sports Coupe
Originally Posted by Simonhouse
Hi Guys,
Just had confirmation today that my C63S Edition 1 is due to arrive at the dealer on 26th August. The date was 28th August but has been brought forward 2 days. Getting impatient now!
Was due to be here Mid-July, then delayed to early August, then delayed again due to "Panaramic Roof issues".
Am going to wait till 1st Sept now and have booked to collect at 4:30pm :-)

Don't know how some of you guys have waited so long!! I ordered in May (it was a stock order they had coming in and was literally the spec/colour I was after so have not had to wait as long :-)
Not long now Simonhouse 5 day count down till you pick up your Edition 1 please post some photos, my Edition1 not in country till 29th September if no delays have only got photos of you guys who have got yours in uk stopping me going made waiting for mine.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:20 AM

I think the photographer took the picture with a special filter called "Foggy".

My dealer informs me that my car has finally moved in the direction of Zeebrugge. I am not holding my breath and think it is 50/50 whether it will hit my personal deadline of 1st September. If it doesn't then there might be a new Edition 1 coupe available on the UK market!
Old 08-22-2016, 08:45 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
Originally Posted by DragonRR

I think the photographer took the picture with a special filter called "Foggy".

My dealer informs me that my car has finally moved in the direction of Zeebrugge. I am not holding my breath and think it is 50/50 whether it will hit my personal deadline of 1st September. If it doesn't then there might be a new Edition 1 coupe available on the UK market!
No DragonRR that's no filter. That's just you squinting towards the light at the end off the tunnel with your delivery. So close yet still so far
Old 08-22-2016, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C63S Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by michael640D
Not long now Simonhouse 5 day count down till you pick up your Edition 1 please post some photos, my Edition1 not in country till 29th September if no delays have only got photos of you guys who have got yours in uk stopping me going made waiting for mine.
To be honest I think the chances of my car arriving at the dealership on 26th August is pretty remote!! Let alone my collection booked for 4:30pm on 1st September!.
I tried tracking it on 2wglobal and it just says no records found.

I have emailed my contact at the dealership to get them to check the status on their system and see if it has changed from Factory to anything else but have not heard back yet. It was due to arrive at foreign port on 19th August and arrive at the dealer on 26th Aug - there were 2 ships sailing from Bremerhaven on 20th and 22nd that it "could" have been on but the tracking by VIN number doesn;t produce anything - does anyone know if this tracking by VIN number in the Cargo ID section still works?
Old 08-22-2016, 11:10 AM

Well, just spoke to my dealer and the date on their system has changed to arriving at foreign port today and arriving at my UK dealer on 30th August....
However the status shows as "Factory" still so I said how can it be at the port today if it is still at the factory??!! - He is going to phone them up and find out the exact location of it as he said quite often the location is incorrect and not always updated? Anyway, calling me back in 30 mins with more information....
Old 08-22-2016, 12:51 PM

And here we go again..... Dealer just emailed me saying car is delayed and no date known now... He attached an internal memo re: delays on cars from Bremen... I have attached the letter which doesn't really explain anything... Starting to get really annoyed now with this. Surely they know when a car is going to be built and when they can deliver it!!
Attached Files
Old 08-22-2016, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-
Mine has been delayed as well. Was expecting it to arrive at the dealership on 25th August but now it has been delayed till the end of September.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:23 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
What is going on here. Is it something to do with the 'S' specced cars?
I'm getting worried that I will not see my car this year, at this rate.
Mine is a base 63
Old 08-22-2016, 05:54 PM

BMW X5
To be honest I think the chances of my car arriving at the dealership on 26th August is pretty remote!! Let alone my collection booked for 4:30pm on 1st September!.
I tried tracking it on 2wglobal and it just says no records found.

I have emailed my contact at the dealership to get them to check the status on their system and see if it has changed from Factory to anything else but have not heard back yet. It was due to arrive at foreign port on 19th August and arrive at the dealer on 26th Aug - there were 2 ships sailing from Bremerhaven on 20th and 22nd that it "could" have been on but the tracking by VIN number doesn;t produce anything - does anyone know if this tracking by VIN number in the Cargo ID section still works?
I just usually type in the model no. WDD2053872 and that provides a list of all vessels that have left with them on board.

I've noticed the location doesn't get updated though but you can see where they're at when you click the voyage number and then timeline or list.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:00 PM

BMW X5
The vessel called 'Tiger' leaves Zeebrugge on the 24th and arrives at Southampton on 25th so could be on that going by the dates.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:02 PM

BMW X5
Sorry Simonhouse just saw you other posts. That's crazy and with no clear explanation is the worst part.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
And here we go again..... Dealer just emailed me saying car is delayed and no date known now... He attached an internal memo re: delays on cars from Bremen... I have attached the letter which doesn't really explain anything... Starting to get really annoyed now with this. Surely they know when a car is going to be built and when they can deliver it!!
Man, that would annoy the hell out of me
Old 08-23-2016, 10:07 AM

So I get a phone call today saying they have no idea why it has been delayed and do not even know when it will be delivered - they do not even know it's current status other than "factory" - I was told that the sales manager will be calling me later today to give me more information... I just cannot believe that nobody knows what the status of the car is!!! Surely someone at Bremen can say - oh yeah it's built and waiting for this to be fitted but it has been delayed blah blah blah... instead absolutely nothing. I don't mind delays if there are legitimate reasons and are informed of those reasons but to be just blanked and told it will be here when it's here is not good enough for the amount of money we are spending on the cars....
Old 08-23-2016, 11:38 AM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
So I get a phone call today saying they have no idea why it has been delayed and do not even know when it will be delivered - they do not even know it's current status other than "factory" - I was told that the sales manager will be calling me later today to give me more information... I just cannot believe that nobody knows what the status of the car is!!! Surely someone at Bremen can say - oh yeah it's built and waiting for this to be fitted but it has been delayed blah blah blah... instead absolutely nothing. I don't mind delays if there are legitimate reasons and are informed of those reasons but to be just blanked and told it will be here when it's here is not good enough for the amount of money we are spending on the cars....
agree 100%. Not acceptable at this level.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:58 AM

Very similar to my situation although, as mentioned above, my dealer has said that it is now moving again and heading for Zeebrugge but no further news today. FYI My car was due for delivery originally on the 2nd of August, then moved to the 29th of July, then back to the 8th of August until Mercedes removed the ETA altogether.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Long time reader, first time poster. Just wanted to share my journey.

Ordered- September 2015
Scheduled- May 2016
Started production- 14th of June
Production finished- 24th of June
Scheduled to arrive- first week of July
Then it got pushed back to the third week of July.
After that, nothing but different block codes and shows that the car is just sitting somewhere in Bremen. No ETA given.

My dealer has been very helpful and has contacted MB several times, no help or information on their part.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Memento
Long time reader, first time poster. Just wanted to share my journey.

Ordered- September 2015
Scheduled- May 2016
Started production- 14th of June
Production finished- 24th of June
Scheduled to arrive- first week of July
Then it got pushed back to the third week of July.
After that, nothing but different block codes and shows that the car is just sitting somewhere in Bremen. No ETA given.

My dealer has been very helpful and has contacted MB several times, no help or information on their part.
I would have lost it... That is just unacceptable seeing as you placed your order a year ago!

Knowing that the car is build and just sitting around is a deal breaker.

Last edited by Sanch; 08-23-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:59 AM

I spoke to the new car sales manager last night who was quite helpful - he suggested that I call Mercedes UK customer service and file a complaint - he said this "can" speed things up but certainly will not do any harm. He advised me to mention that the "customer experience" has not been good so far.. Anyway the lady I spoke to was obviously very apologetic and took all of my details and advised that she would contact the vehicle order department and find out what is happening.... I asked her what the actual status of my car is? Was it built? Was it waiting for parts or final inspection?? She said that according to her system the car is fully built and has passed all final inspection tests and is completely finished and ready to ship. So was not sure why it has not been shipped... Anyway I await her response....
Old 08-24-2016, 07:13 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
To be honest it seems that the entire experience for UK buyers has been nothing short of an endless and unacceptable hassle. Constant delays, no updates and no reasons as to why the UK seems to be the last country in Europe to receive the C63S coupes while others have been enjoying theirs for a few months now...

I'm just relieved that mine is finally here and I can pick it up by the end of the week, though I have to say that after this long road I'm loathe to buy a new Benz ever again.

Thoughts go out to the UK buyers who's cars are still incoming or further delayed.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by RHRAUS
I just usually type in the model no. WDD2053872 and that provides a list of all vessels that have left with them on board.

I've noticed the location doesn't get updated though but you can see where they're at when you click the voyage number and then timeline or list.
Hey mate, just checked this and mines on the way here on the 'Morning Conductor' - you the same?
Old 08-24-2016, 09:18 PM

BMW X5
Originally Posted by Sanch
Hey mate, just checked this and mines on the way here on the 'Morning Conductor' - you the same?
No mate I'm on Tijuca with an ETA in Brisbane now of 4th September.

Funny as I've never thought about the routes they take to get here. Mine is somewhere in between Panama and NZ.

However yours is due to leave South Africa today, so you're coming the other way around.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by RHRAUS
No mate I'm on Tijuca with an ETA in Brisbane now of 4th September.

Funny as I've never thought about the routes they take to get here. Mine is somewhere in between Panama and NZ.

However yours is due to leave South Africa today, so you're coming the other way around.
Ah I see my ETA is the 14th of Sept... not long now!
Old 08-24-2016, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
@dragonrr what a stunning beauty!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)