Sponsored by:

coupe vs sedan? please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz
coupe vs sedan? please help!

why is the coupe faster in 0-60 , both have the same engine and almost the same weight , i believe the coupe is heavier . And why the coupe sounds better ?!

check these viedos:
coupe sound
sedan

the coupe sounds more aggressive sounds similar to AMG gts, don't you think?
Old 08-07-2016, 04:23 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
Could be wrong about this, but the exhaust could be shorter than the sedans which could cause it to sound better. (Remember asking someone this about the GTS and that's the reply I got.)

As for my guess. Maybe they used different downpipes which are less restrictive since coupes are usually designed to look, and sound more sporty?
Old 08-07-2016, 04:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 AMG C63S Coupe
As far as I am aware, the coupe has a wider rear track with standard wider rear tyres. I was told this is a contributing factor to the .1 sec improvement to 100kph. It will also contribute to better lap times on track.

Cheers,
Scar
Old 08-07-2016, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
comparing MB reported 0-60 times to one another is not what you wanna do.

compare magazine reviewers data. MB underrates 0-60 numbers, like most manufacturers, so they might have just reduced it to make it more appealing.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:24 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
The coupe has a wider rear track, wider rear tyres, completely new rear suspension setup and shorter gear ratios. That's why its faster and more dynamic handling-wise than the sedan.

As for the sound, it wasn't specified how, but AMG did state the exhaust and sound had been slightly altered to be more aggressive than the sedan and estate (and having driven both the coupe and sedan, I can vouch for that claim).
Old 08-07-2016, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Wow and that coupe isn't even an 'S' model.

+ Trim105

After driving the coupe the other day, it definitely feels faster and more responsive than the sedan. The suspension feels a hell of a lot better too.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sanch
Wow and that coupe isn't even an 'S' model.

+ Trim105

After driving the coupe the other day, it definitely feels faster and more responsive than the sedan. The suspension feels a hell of a lot better too.
Completely agree Sanch, i daresay it's a more refined and well-rounded package despite also being the most aggressive and dynamic car in the C63 range.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Trim105
Completely agree Sanch, i daresay it's a more refined and well-rounded package despite also being the most aggressive and dynamic car in the C63 range.
I would fully agree - refined is the perfect word.

Coming from someone who's got the sedan, I cannot wait to get my coupe! haha
Old 08-07-2016, 10:00 PM

mercedes benz
anyone thinks that a wider tires in the sedan will make a big difference , anyone changed there tires? does it worth it?

- and i saw some reviews on the coupe they say its heavier on the back and it makes it more sporty.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:06 PM

mercedes benz
As for the sound, it wasn't specified how, but AMG did state the exhaust and sound had been slightly altered to be more aggressive than the sedan and estate (and having driven both the coupe and sedan, I can vouch for that claim).[/QUOTE]

what do you think they did? bigger downpipes? don't you think change the exhaust setup would change the engine output or the car in general.

cuz if a small change would make 0.1 sec faster it worth digging for it
Old 08-08-2016, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by N8awaf
As for the sound, it wasn't specified how, but AMG did state the exhaust and sound had been slightly altered to be more aggressive than the sedan and estate (and having driven both the coupe and sedan, I can vouch for that claim).
what do you think they did? bigger downpipes? don't you think change the exhaust setup would change the engine output or the car in general.

cuz if a small change would make 0.1 sec faster it worth digging for it [/QUOTE]

Possibly, I'm not well versed in that kind of stuff so I can't really say

In regards to your previous comment on the coupe being more sporty, i don't think its necessarily because of weight, like I said before, the suspension is different from the sedan (completely new rear suspension and a revised front suspension) and everything has else has been geared to make this the most aggressive, dynamic and fun to drive C63
Old 08-09-2016, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by N8awaf
anyone thinks that a wider tires in the sedan will make a big difference , anyone changed there tires? does it worth it?

- and i saw some reviews on the coupe they say its heavier on the back and it makes it more sporty.
Wider tires will definitely help with traction.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:27 AM

mercedes benz
just realized something , watch the video

i believe the stock exhaust sound more aggressive when raving not the coupe sounds more aggressive , cuz in the video the sedan without the optional exhaust and sound the same

can anyone without the optional exhaust conforms it?