2017 c63 coupe Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLS 400 Mercedes C400
2017 c63 coupe Canada

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and also seeking a few opinions on my upcoming purchase.

I am located in Toronto, Canada and have been a long time Mercedes driver. Recently our main sales agent retired and since discounts haven't been a battle but they have been less so. I was wondering if other Canadians could share their experience when negotiating for this particular vehicle or perhaps even the sedan.

Most vehicles we purchase exceed the price of this car but I am not so sure that will help in negotiating with a new sales person. The stores we do deal with are all corporate.

I have read that in Canada the markup on this vehicle is 8%. If this is true, at this point I have received a 3 percent discount and I am curious how far I can take this on such a new model.

The opinions I am seeking are about 2 different option lists. I have a semi strict budget and will be returning this car at the end of lease.

The colour will be Magno Selenite. ($2500)

The first spec would be:
C63 (non-s)
Premium Package ($4800)

Either:
AMG Driver's Package ($2500)
or
Intelligent Drive Package ($2700)

The Second spec:
C63 S
without the premium (is this liveable?)
Intelligent Drive ($2700)

This keeps the cost just slightly above the first spec but basically receive the amg drivers package and the napa leather at a lesser cost.

I don't care for the extra hp not with our laws in this province.
Both cars would have the Lease care (1415.00) and I am debating the rim and tire insurance ($2500.00) On my last vehicle (2015 c400) my 19 inch run flats it was well worth it but I was told on these new models they will not be run flats. Also the non s comes with an 18 inch rim which may help slightly when hitting a pothole.

Thank you for you time.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:29 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Polar White C43 Sedan
I'd say call around to non-corp stores and see how you do.

Call the Sales manager direct so there is not sales rep in the middle.

Make an offer for what you want and they will either take it or leave it.

I do find generally the Merc brand isn't as willing to negotiate as much as say BMW. If they start you at 3% off that means there is more to go for sure.

Happy hunting and be sure to let us know how you do if you end up pulling the trigger.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:36 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Hey Bueller,

Honestly, most of the MB dealerships in the GTA are corporate owned and will give you similar figures. However, if you get a really good SA, they will be more stubborn with their sales manager about getting you a good deal

I did get a chance to venture to MB Brampton because I believe it's not corporate. They were actually less willing to negotiate on price because their selection was more limited.

Which dealerships have you been to?
Old 09-22-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
Hey Bueller,

Honestly, most of the MB dealerships in the GTA are corporate owned and will give you similar figures. However, if you get a really good SA, they will be more stubborn with their sales manager about getting you a good deal

I did get a chance to venture to MB Brampton because I believe it's not corporate. They were actually less willing to negotiate on price because their selection was more limited.

All but one of our vehicles have been purchased from Markham. I have also visited midtown. Automatically we get 2 percent off and 1 percent off the lease rate.

So far our sa has pushed it to 3 and says that's as far as he's able to go. Next will be management. I've had deals with other vehicles including one amg with up to 5-6 percent on a new vehicle but it's seems very difficulty on this particular vehicle.

Also for c63 drivers curious is the amg package required. Has anyone ordered this in the non s version ?

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:55 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by MrGrouper
All but one of our vehicles have been purchased from Markham. I have also visited midtown. Automatically we get 2 percent off and 1 percent off the lease rate.

So far our sa has pushed it to 3 and says that's as far as he's able to go. Next will be management. I've had deals with other vehicles including one amg with up to 5-6 percent on a new vehicle but it's seems very difficulty on this particular vehicle.

Also for c63 drivers curious is the amg package required. Has anyone ordered this in the non s version ?

Thanks.
Why not hit up Thornhill, Toronto, and Mississauga for good measure? Seriously, every 1% is close to 1k. It's worth trying to get more.

Yeah, honestly, I think if you got 5% off, you'd be laughing. But realistically, I think dealers will only go max 4% on a car this new. Good luck man - let me know what you find.

Also, I've done a lot of research on the C63. I think the biggest benefit of the AMG package is that it gets you the performance exhaust that comes stock on the C63S. Otherwise you will have the Sport exhaust. I don't know what either sounds like outside of YouTube videos. It don't know how much extra sound I'll get out of a V6 with the Performance Exhaust so I opted to save the 2k personally on my C43 order. However, if I was ordering a C63, I might be more inclined to get it.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:04 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by MrGrouper
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and also seeking a few opinions on my upcoming purchase.

I am located in Toronto, Canada and have been a long time Mercedes driver. Recently our main sales agent retired and since discounts haven't been a battle but they have been less so. I was wondering if other Canadians could share their experience when negotiating for this particular vehicle or perhaps even the sedan.

Most vehicles we purchase exceed the price of this car but I am not so sure that will help in negotiating with a new sales person. The stores we do deal with are all corporate.

I have read that in Canada the markup on this vehicle is 8%. If this is true, at this point I have received a 3 percent discount and I am curious how far I can take this on such a new model.

The opinions I am seeking are about 2 different option lists. I have a semi strict budget and will be returning this car at the end of lease.

The colour will be Magno Selenite. ($2500)

The first spec would be:
C63 (non-s)
Premium Package ($4800)

Either:
AMG Driver's Package ($2500)
or
Intelligent Drive Package ($2700)

The Second spec:
C63 S
without the premium (is this liveable?)
Intelligent Drive ($2700)

This keeps the cost just slightly above the first spec but basically receive the amg drivers package and the napa leather at a lesser cost.

I don't care for the extra hp not with our laws in this province.
Both cars would have the Lease care (1415.00) and I am debating the rim and tire insurance ($2500.00) On my last vehicle (2015 c400) my 19 inch run flats it was well worth it but I was told on these new models they will not be run flats. Also the non s comes with an 18 inch rim which may help slightly when hitting a pothole.

Thank you for you time.
FWIW, 3% is actually a decent deal for us Canadians. Perhaps you can negotiate other goodies(set of winter tires, etc) instead of pushing for an extra percentage? Also, if I had to choose one, I would pick the AMG package over the intelligent package every time. If HP doesn't matter, I would easily choose a loaded (premium pkg) c63 over a non-loaded (no pp) c63s. Hope that helps!
Old 09-22-2016, 07:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C43
I got 3.75% discount plus fleet discount on c43 coupe In Mississauga

Last edited by Bst88; 09-22-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:59 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
As someone whose car has both, I would keep the Premium Package over the Intelligent Drive.
You can try Victoria Star Motors in Kitchener. Just make sure to tell them not to drill the front license plate in if you don't want it, since they are SUPER drill happy
Old 09-22-2016, 09:08 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Polar White C43 Sedan

I've spoken to the Corp stores and they would typically start at 3% and say mgmt. for anything further.

I've also been into Newmarket Merc and Barrie Merc, both are not corp stores.

Happy hunting.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bueller178
I've spoken to the Corp stores and they would typically start at 3% and say mgmt. for anything further.

I've also been into Newmarket Merc and Barrie Merc, both are not corp stores.

Happy hunting.
Where have you had more luck ? Corporate or private?

Looks like we are closing in on %4.00. I would be surprised if anyone exceeds that on this particular model. (On the corporate side)

Thanks
Old 09-30-2016, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
Hey Bueller,

Try Burlington too. It is definitely private as was the dealership in Oakville,