Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 or C63S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
C63
I actually like we have the choice between the two. I was very close at getting a 2016 S model. But it didn't have the 360 camera set up I wanted. Since I was going to order one, I really spend time on how I exactly wanted the car to look. As I said, I really liked the look of the 18" wheels, the all leather steering wheel and door color combination with non-S leather red seat. Yes, I could have swung the extra $$$, but didn't feel like I would personally like the car more. As said above, drive both if you can and decide. Both are great cars!

Last edited by Aussie Joe; 11-01-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Resale value shouldn't be part of the decision at all. Nearly all cars depreciate like crazy and that goes double for AMG and Merc. A C63 s or no is definitely not an "investment".

I think the main considerations are packages and options availability for the buyer and whether you plan to custom order or not.
The following users liked this post:
Uga Uga (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 01:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 Coupe 507, CLK55 Convertible, X1 35i, 70 GTO convertible, motorcycles
I also really like the 18-inch wheels (even though they aren't forged) of the non-S, and it appears (at least on the website builder) that you can get red seat belts with the red interior on the non-S model but not on the S-model.

I am in the middle of trying to make this same call now. As part of that, can somebody please confirm the differences in the brakes. I thought the issue was just the color of the calipers, not the diameter of the rotors...but it appears that may be wrong. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:55 AM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
I think many users here aren't realizing that the 'S' model comes with a lot more options that you CAN get on the non 'S' as standard. If you were planning on getting those options on your non 'S', then the 'S' upgrade isn't really that much more money.

Off the top of my head, and in United States, the 'S' comes with the AMG Performance Steering Wheel, 19 inch wheels, and Full Upgraded Leather as standard. You also get a few visual flares that add a bit of difference such as the black front splitter with chrome strip, AMG crest embossed seats, and a 12'o clock contrast marking on the steering wheel.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:18 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by goatfarmer1970
I also really like the 18-inch wheels (even though they aren't forged) of the non-S, and it appears (at least on the website builder) that you can get red seat belts with the red interior on the non-S model but not on the S-model.

I am in the middle of trying to make this same call now. As part of that, can somebody please confirm the differences in the brakes. I thought the issue was just the color of the calipers, not the diameter of the rotors...but it appears that may be wrong. Thanks.
The S has bigger brakes.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW F10 M5, C63 coupe on order
I went for the non s version for a few reasons.

Having run a near 600 hp saloon /sedan for the last few years along with the frustration that it never really hit its stride until it reached 80mph, Im hoping the ever so slightly lower power will allow me to exploit the power that little bit more in relation to my now sold M5

The car will also be my daily grind and whilst I love the aesthetics of the S seats, they won't be as comfortable.

Just my two pennies worth
Old 11-03-2016, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63 Coupe
Wink I've decided!

Thanks for all the input!

I've decided on the C63 with nearly every option. I could not justify the $10,000 cost difference on a small power hike and minor changes to the appearance.

The additional money will go on more carbon fiber, 100bhp remap, changes in the exhaust tone and possibly a wrap.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to enhance performance beyond 600bhp!!

Thanks all!!!!
Old 11-03-2016, 02:07 PM

2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by UKAMGC63
Thanks for all the input!

I've decided on the C63 with nearly every option. I could not justify the $10,000 cost difference on a small power hike and minor changes to the appearance.

The additional money will go on more carbon fiber, 100bhp remap, changes in the exhaust tone and possibly a wrap.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to enhance performance beyond 600bhp!!

Thanks all!!!!
Good on you mate, I have company.

As mentioned by many on this forum, you can't go wrong either way
with the C205 C63 in both variants.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Good on you mate, I have company.

As mentioned by many on this forum, you can't go wrong either way
with the C205 C63 in both variants.
maybe we should start a Non-S self help group
Old 11-03-2016, 07:08 PM

2019C63S coupe

Good idea
Old 12-13-2017, 11:29 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
Originally Posted by obbob
I think many users here aren't realizing that the 'S' model comes with a lot more options that you CAN get on the non 'S' as standard. If you were planning on getting those options on your non 'S', then the 'S' upgrade isn't really that much more money.

Off the top of my head, and in United States, the 'S' comes with the AMG Performance Steering Wheel, 19 inch wheels, and Full Upgraded Leather as standard. You also get a few visual flares that add a bit of difference such as the black front splitter with chrome strip, AMG crest embossed seats, and a 12'o clock contrast marking on the steering wheel.
this thread has come in handy, and yes, i understand it's a bit dated.

in building a c63 online, i noticed that if one were to select the grey metallic paint, it was somewhere in the vicinity of $1,000 less, if not more. the carbon fiber trim was less expensive, the optional steering wheel was a zero charge, and there was no added charge for leather covered seats. it really does start to chip away at the difference in cost between the two variants.

i'm still in shock about the cost savings related to the paint. the same paint mind you.

interesting.