Sponsored by:

Black ash wood trim not available?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 07:50 PM

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
17 c63 coupe BRILLIANT BLUE
Black ash wood trim not available?

Jumped ship to the MB part of the galaxy after owning a f30 335 for the last 3 years. I was instantly in love with the rear end because i was ALWAYS a fan of the new s class coupe, naturally could not be more thrilled they decided to follow a similar silhouette with the coupe. this car is a ****en winner

placed my order earlier this month, and realized i made the horrible mistake of ordering the aluminum gloss black interior trim. I was informed my production date was pushed back from the 2nd week of nov to the 1st week of dec, at which point i decided i had to change to the black ash wood trim. sadly my SA said it was back ordered and would push my production date into february of 2017. apparently she couldnt even select the option in my order status. is anyone else being told this??

not the biggest deal since I will have the dealership retrofit the black ash wood after taking delivery with OEM parts (saw this being done over in the w205 sedan forums). nonetheless still disappointing
Old 11-01-2016, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
I have the ash wood, its one of my favorites!

The gloss black IMO is the hardest to maintain, you get contact dust and finger print marks - it would drive me crazy.

How about the carbon?
Old 11-01-2016, 11:34 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
When I ordered my coupe, I also had to wait due to the ash wood shortages. My SA also told me that he could not select the option, but he pulled some strings and forced the order through. His reasoning was because he thought the order would take priority as it was a customer order, and not just for dealer inventory. Nonetheless, my car went in to production 1-2 weeks later. I hope that helps.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i
I wonder if all the ash wood is going to sedans. It's the base trim on the sedans now
Old 11-02-2016, 01:39 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by hans007
I wonder if all the ash wood is going to sedans. It's the base trim on the sedans now
It depends on supply and demand. Apparently, the c class is the last to get the open pore wood.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:10 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
Originally Posted by Sanch
I have the ash wood, its one of my favorites!

The gloss black IMO is the hardest to maintain, you get contact dust and finger print marks - it would drive me crazy.

How about the carbon?
+1 true. I was arguing with a friend that the gloss black is horrible in terms of maintaining it but this dude just cant get convinced ... bleh
Old 11-02-2016, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 AMG Coupe on the way
I had the same issue with the black ash. I have stuck with the gloss black as I had already pushed my budget hugely so drew the line at the carbon although that was my preferred option!

A mate with a c63 with the gloss black convinced me that his is wearing well and hasn't been too hard to maintain!
Old 11-02-2016, 08:04 AM
wsc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW E46
I think this is all true. Ordered my c class coupe non amg in May, and only got it in late October... late because I stuck the black ash wood.

I'm in the UK btw but understand it's a global shortage
Old 11-02-2016, 09:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
My dealer had to trade with another dealer's C63S Coupe build who already was allotted the black ash wood and even with that my car sat in the factory completely finished other than the trim installed because the black ash had run out. It made it to Baltimore last week so hopefully i'll have it soon
Old 11-02-2016, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tvall13
My dealer had to trade with another dealer's C63S Coupe build who already was allotted the black ash wood and even with that my car sat in the factory completely finished other than the trim installed because the black ash had run out. It made it to Baltimore last week so hopefully i'll have it soon

this is absurd to me. thanks for everyones input, think im going to stick with the gloss black here and retrofit afterwards.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tej7
When I ordered my coupe, I also had to wait due to the ash wood shortages. My SA also told me that he could not select the option, but he pulled some strings and forced the order through. His reasoning was because he thought the order would take priority as it was a customer order, and not just for dealer inventory. Nonetheless, my car went in to production 1-2 weeks later. I hope that helps.

will try to finesse my way into this today as a last ditch effort.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:50 AM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Polar White C43 Sedan
I was at a dealer a few weeks ago and they had on their system that they couldn't order a car with the open pore wood. Seems like it is on constraint.

Sucks because that's really the only trim I like.