Sponsored by:

Some quirks about the Command and audio system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 05:22 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan | 2016 Yukon XL Denali
Some quirks about the Command and audio system

So, first of all, I've put about 1500 miles on my beauty in just over 2 weeks and I am IN LOVE! I reach over and push the exhaust button as second nature now and will often times just leave the radio off and listen to her purr.

That being said, there are a few things I've noticed surrounding the Command and audio system:
  • Audio
Couple things: Is there an indication as to the volume level anywhere? I adjust the volume, but nowhere does it show a number or level of the volume. This is odd to me.

I've noticed that upon starting the car, it has the radio come on at a set volume, and not where I last had it (if it was turned all the way down, it'll come on). This is kindof annoying as when looking at homes, I didn't want to turn the whole system off to have nav, but just wanted no music and we were in and out of the car all day.

The bass is honestly a little lacking. For being 540w of power and having the "front bass" system, I was expecting a little more "thump" out of her. Granted, I'm not in my days of two 12" woofers anymore, but a little more thump would be nice. Am I missing something other than the standard EQ?
  • Command Navigation

Couple things here:
When I'm heading toward a destination, the Command main screen doesn't show my next turn until about 1/2 mile to the turn. I did a little searching and looks like there is no way to get this on the Command screen, however I have found that the info screen will show as well as the HUD if set to NAV.

Any way to get the destination address to show up when arriving at the destination? It tells me I'm there, but often I forget the street number by the time I get there. I've found an option that you can go in and display the destination the whole time, but that has to be done after the address is entered and a little annoying.

The volume for the Nav resets itself after each key cycle. Any way to set the Nav volume for good?

Any other tips for this car? I've found a couple things like how to roll the windows down and up from the remote.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
MG PB, MG Midget, Triumph TR4, Morgan 4/4, Mustang, Audi R8
Don't have my car yet, but the audio system behaviors you are describing sound just like the way my five year old Audi behaves. Elsewhere I accused Mercedes of incorporating what appears to be the functional equivalent of a five year old Audi telematics implementation. Maybe I hit the nail on the head.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Mikey_boy
So, first of all, I've put about 1500 miles on my beauty in just over 2 weeks and I am IN LOVE! I reach over and push the exhaust button as second nature now and will often times just leave the radio off and listen to her purr.

That being said, there are a few things I've noticed surrounding the Command and audio system:
  • Audio
Couple things: Is there an indication as to the volume level anywhere? I adjust the volume, but nowhere does it show a number or level of the volume. This is odd to me.

I've noticed that upon starting the car, it has the radio come on at a set volume, and not where I last had it (if it was turned all the way down, it'll come on). This is kindof annoying as when looking at homes, I didn't want to turn the whole system off to have nav, but just wanted no music and we were in and out of the car all day.

The bass is honestly a little lacking. For being 540w of power and having the "front bass" system, I was expecting a little more "thump" out of her. Granted, I'm not in my days of two 12" woofers anymore, but a little more thump would be nice. Am I missing something other than the standard EQ?
  • Command Navigation

Couple things here:
When I'm heading toward a destination, the Command main screen doesn't show my next turn until about 1/2 mile to the turn. I did a little searching and looks like there is no way to get this on the Command screen, however I have found that the info screen will show as well as the HUD if set to NAV.

Any way to get the destination address to show up when arriving at the destination? It tells me I'm there, but often I forget the street number by the time I get there. I've found an option that you can go in and display the destination the whole time, but that has to be done after the address is entered and a little annoying.

The volume for the Nav resets itself after each key cycle. Any way to set the Nav volume for good?

Any other tips for this car? I've found a couple things like how to roll the windows down and up from the remote.
I have to agree with you on the sound... MB is claiming this to be a 'premium'system, it's pretty basic.

Its lacking bass big time.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:48 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
Something I've found helps a bit with the sound a bit (and you might already be doing) is going into options at the bottom of the screen - volume - then selecting boost. Annoyingly though I find you have to do this every time you turn the car on.

This amps it up a bit and brings out the bass a bit more which I have set to 8 from memory. I think I might play around with it a bit more as I go along to get the perfect setup.
The following 2 users liked this post by RHRAUS:
Mikey_boy (11-01-2016), Sanch (10-31-2016)
Old 10-31-2016, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by RHRAUS
Something I've found helps a bit with the sound a bit (and you might already be doing) is going into options at the bottom of the screen - volume - then selecting boost. Annoyingly though I find you have to do this every time you turn the car on.

This amps it up a bit and brings out the bass a bit more which I have set to 8 from memory. I think I might play around with it a bit more as I go along to get the perfect setup.
Oh really, have to try that next time... mines on 8 as well.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:11 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
the sound system, not the best imo. I prefer the Bose in my old Audi
Old 11-01-2016, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by RHRAUS

It's ridiculous that you have to do this every time you turn the car on.... LOL. So let me get this straight. Workflow for turning on the vehicle:

1) Start car
2) Change to Sport+
3) Turn on Boost Mode for Audio
4) Drive

LOL
Old 11-01-2016, 01:19 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan | 2016 Yukon XL Denali
Originally Posted by auditoamg
It's ridiculous that you have to do this every time you turn the car on.... LOL. So let me get this straight. Workflow for turning on the vehicle:

1) Start car
2) Change to Sport+
3) Turn on Boost Mode for Audio
4) Drive

LOL
Sounds about right.

Then the workflow for setting nav destination:

1) Enter destination
2) Set view in cluster to nav
3) Turn on view destination on the nav screen
4) Drive
Old 11-01-2016, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Originally Posted by Mikey_boy
Sounds about right.

Then the workflow for setting nav destination:

1) Enter destination
2) Set view in cluster to nav
3) Turn on view destination on the nav screen
4) Drive
I wonder if an engineer from Mercedes has ever actually driven this car...
Old 11-01-2016, 04:56 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
Yes I think we're all going to end up with arthritis pain in our fingers after a year of driving these things with all the button pushing involved
Old 11-02-2016, 04:27 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
MG PB, MG Midget, Triumph TR4, Morgan 4/4, Mustang, Audi R8
Originally Posted by auditoamg
I wonder if an engineer from Mercedes has ever actually driven this car...
I have come to believe all German electronics engineers ride the bus to work. If you have to push the same button every time you want to drive a car, other than the Start/Stop obviously, they've designed it wrong.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s
Originally Posted by ignomini
I have come to believe all German electronics engineers ride the bus to work. If you have to push the same button every time you want to drive a car, other than the Start/Stop obviously, they've designed it wrong.
Yup..... I dont even think they see the car.