Sponsored by:

C63 amg sedan vs c63 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
golf7 gtd
C63 amg sedan vs c63 coupe

Hi, I'm new on this forum so I wanted to say hi to everybody.

I want that my next car to and my first MB be the new C63 Amg but I'm really confused. I don't know if I should go for the sedan or for the coupe. I don't need often the back seats and if think both look amazing...I really can't decide

Is it true that the sound of the coupe is deeper?
Also, as owners of the coupe, did you experienced problems with normal use of the trunk?

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2016, 06:41 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016
hi buddy, welcome to mbworld

its all a personal choice and imo it comes down to whether you require a 4 door sedan or not. I own a 2016 sedan and its a perfect daily for me ! some coupe owners on here, say the same applies to the coupe, its a perfect daily! however you, I guarantee its a value for money deal especially, power for money
The following users liked this post:
vladcostras (12-04-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 07:20 AM
HLA

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
c63 s coupe edition 1: http://imgur.com/a/9GiNI
Originally Posted by vladcostras

I want that my next car to and my first MB be the new C63 Amg but I'm really confused. I don't know if I should go for the sedan or for the coupe. I don't need often the back seats and if think both look amazing...I really can't decide

Also, as owners of the coupe, did you experienced problems with normal use of the trunk?

Thanks!
i have the coupe, and i use the back seats approximately once or twice a week. an average height female fits in the back seat with no issues. it's not exactly convenient accessing the back seats, but it's not as bad as i had feared.

i personally have no issues with the trunk. there is a portion of the trunk that's slightly angled (meaning the entire trunk bed isn't totally flat), which isn't ideal, but i find that there's plenty of space. i transport boxes of files from and to work. when i had a subaru wrx, which had pretty much an average-sized trunk found in most sedans, i was able to fit 4 boxes comfortably. i was worried that i wouldn't be able to fit 3 boxes, let alone 4 in the coupe. but i found out that 4 boxes do fit, though the fit's a bit more snug than it was in the wrx.

i personally didn't like the look of the c63 s sedan. so i never considered getting it. but when the coupe was unveiled, i was in love. i wanted the coupe bad. and i'm glad i waited for it, cuz i'm finding out that it's nowhere near as impractical as i had thought it would be.

i test drove the sedan before ordering the coupe, and i do believe the coupe is quite a bit louder than the sedan. the sound is glorious, mate.
vladcostras (12-04-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 09:36 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum mate!

First of all, great choice with the C63. To be honest if you don't need rear seats, then you should definitely go for the coupe.

I believe the sound of the coupe is slightly more aggressive than the sedan. The trunk space is decent, I've easily fitted 2 large + 2 small suitcases plus you can always lower the rear seats for more space. Only thing is the entrance is slightly enclosed and narrow compared to the actual trunk width.

As HLA said rear space is surprisingly decent but it's nothing to shout home about, access is a bit tight, and you wouldn't want to be back there for a prolonged period.

Other points to keep in mind are that; dynamically the coupe is superior to the sedan, the grip is much better and the ride comfort is better.

Hope that helps!
vladcostras (12-04-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 12:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C63 S & SL550
I bought my first C63 S a few months ago and looked at both the coupe (edition 1) and the sedan (non edition 1) versions. The sedan won out for me. Not that I have more than two in the car 95% of the time including myself but, when the need does arise, it will make it easier for folks to get in an out of the backseat and less rain gets in when you have a four door in which to do it. My opinion of course.

I heard the coupe was 'louder' but I could not tell to be honest. They both sounded great and drove very well. Its all a matter of preference!
vladcostras (12-05-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Get the coupe if you do not need the 2 extra doors... you will not regret it.
vladcostras (12-05-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 08:48 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
09 C63 AMG
How much head room do you need...
Old 12-06-2016, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
golf7 gtd
Thanks a lot for your answers, I like a lot both of them. I think I will get the coupe.
I don't really understand what's the difference between the Amg performance exhaust and the normal one. They are both very loud, no?

I'm also glad that Mercedes Benz didn't put an fake sound like in the M4.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Thanks a lot for your answers, I like a lot both of them. I think I will get the coupe.
I don't really understand what's the difference between the Amg performance exhaust and the normal one. They are both very loud, no?

I'm also glad that Mercedes Benz didn't put an fake sound like in the M4.
They are not as loud as each other. AMG PF exhaust, is much louder and you have the option of switching the flaps (open or closed) with the push of a button.

Anyone buying these new AMGs this is a must you will not regret.