Sponsored by:

Known Issues with AMG C-series?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi RS 5
Known Issues with AMG C-series?

Thinking of trading my RS5 in for a C-series AMG sedan. I've had several brake and tire issues in the 18 or so months that I've owned my Audi, and unsurprisingly, none have come in at less than $2,000. As much fun as it is to drive, the negatives are adding up. It doesn't help that the service representatives at the local dealership are trained to upsell without really having good mechanical knowledge. The Audi forums indicate that brakes and tires are known issues. What type of repairs can I expect with the AMGs? I don't mind paying for quality service on normal wear and tear, but new brakes for every 10,000 miles of everyday driving, plus the upsell of the rotors and calipers (which don't fix the problem) ruins the fun of driving.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
W205 C63S
Hey OP. Not real clear what your problem was with the RS5 other than brakes and tires, which are wear items. The RS5 is an AWD car, so the tire wear is much more even between front and rear. What tires are you running? Tracking it?
If the OEM pads are lame, get something else. Nobody at the track is running OEM pads.
You said had problems with the calipers? That doesn't even make sense. The calipers never go bad on these cars.
If you get a new AMG under warranty, what are you worried about? You will be replacing rear tires often if you drive hard. Brakes and tires are are not car problems, they are driver problems.

Last edited by AmexWest; 12-11-2016 at 11:03 PM.