Suspension Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 10:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 W205 Edition 1
Suspension Issues

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone had any suspension issues to date?

This last week, the car started to feel like it had no suspension and the ride was super rough. The suspension indicator in the middle console was stuck in the sport mode... if you pushed it, the lights would change but it would scroll through the suspension settings on the navi screen...

Took the car in and they told me today that the suspension is fully locked out and they need to order some parts to fix it... They left me a voicemail, didn't get a chance to follow up with them. Must be some kind of control module that is locking out the entire suspension? It was riding worse than being in race mode, while it was in comfort (which is for the first 2 minutes down my block)

Love this car, but **** has it been in the shop a lot with various issues from day 1!!!

I think I'm going Alfa Romeo QV next... If I'm going to be at the shop this much, I may as well be driving an Italian.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63s,2014A45,991 GT3
suspension issue too

Hi JPA
I have the same issue
After 10 days leave... returned to my car to find this issue
Rock hard suspension no lights showing at all on indicator

Did the Dealer fix the problem and if so what was the fix

Cheers
Old 04-11-2017, 03:38 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
c63s sedan
mine actually has a pretty rough ride. although all the lights work fine and it goes between the diffferent modes. i may take it in next week
Old 04-11-2017, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 W205 Edition 1
Sorry to hear you are having similar issues... They had my car for a month before that tried new parts and figured out with the issue was.

My issue was a 21 pin connector that had some bent connection pins, with the end result bring them fabricating a new wiring harness... Don't know how this issue came up a year and a half after owning the vehicle.

Make sure they go through everything, they had the seats out of my car and carpet pulled tracing all the wiring looking for issues.

The AMG suspension is fairly stiff, but when the suspension is locked out, you will know. Feels like you are riding on the rims.

Hope you get is resolved quickly!

Taking mine in for a service this week. Having them go through the whole car before track season starts!
Old 04-12-2017, 08:07 AM

Thanks for your reply
I agree with you why did this happen 18months from new
My AMG is also about 18 months old

My car rides extremly harsh and bumpy when you load up the suspension through corners..........it handles like a pig

It is going to the dealer on monday I will post when I get it back.....hopefully back to normal........very hard ride ....not rock hard
I must admit the car has been rather disappointing compared to my E92 M3
the M3 was certainly more comfortable and had a way better Transmission also easier to get fast lap times,the amg electronics are no where near as smart on the limit
and compared to my 991 GT3 this is a dog
Old 04-20-2017, 11:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C63
I had the same problem. However mine was not stuck. I could enter comfort sports and sports plus. Just that the suspension felt no difference to me.

Suspension was rock hard and felt like there was totally no rebound. I made a few post and everyone seemed to get replies that indicates: "if u wanted a softer car you should've gone for a c180 and not an amg".

Then i I went to test drive the m3 and was surprised how much softer it felt. From then, I realized something was wrong as I couldn't feel much difference between sports+ and comfort.

I sent the car car back to the dealer and told them I want the software upgraded. After the upgrade, comfort mode became soft again, I wasn't the only one feeling that so it is unlikely psychological. My Friends and family felt the same, while it's still not the most comfortable car, there is at least some sort of rebound now.
The following 2 users liked this post by nl88:
D-5 (12-13-2017), JonAG72 (12-15-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 101 Likes on 89 Posts
18 E63S
Originally Posted by nl88
I had the same problem. However mine was not stuck. I could enter comfort sports and sports plus. Just that the suspension felt no difference to me.

Suspension was rock hard and felt like there was totally no rebound. I made a few post and everyone seemed to get replies that indicates: "if u wanted a softer car you should've gone for a c180 and not an amg".

Then i I went to test drive the m3 and was surprised how much softer it felt. From then, I realized something was wrong as I couldn't feel much difference between sports+ and comfort.

I sent the car car back to the dealer and told them I want the software upgraded. After the upgrade, comfort mode became soft again, I wasn't the only one feeling that so it is unlikely psychological. My Friends and family felt the same, while it's still not the most comfortable car, there is at least some sort of rebound now.
what year and month was your car built ?
Old 04-21-2017, 01:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by tekfoc
what year and month was your car built ?
Mine is 2015 built not sure about the month. Prior to software upgrade, my screen didn't have time on the top left corner. Now it has, so I believe it's a new version. I also didn't have the ECO and fuel consumption gauge previously.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:50 AM

18 E63S
Thanks

Last edited by tekfoc; 04-21-2017 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63 S, 2011 C63 R.I.P.
Originally Posted by Edition1JPA
Hey Everyone,

Has anyone had any suspension issues to date?

This last week, the car started to feel like it had no suspension and the ride was super rough. The suspension indicator in the middle console was stuck in the sport mode... if you pushed it, the lights would change but it would scroll through the suspension settings on the navi screen...

Took the car in and they told me today that the suspension is fully locked out and they need to order some parts to fix it... They left me a voicemail, didn't get a chance to follow up with them. Must be some kind of control module that is locking out the entire suspension? It was riding worse than being in race mode, while it was in comfort (which is for the first 2 minutes down my block)

Love this car, but **** has it been in the shop a lot with various issues from day 1!!!

I think I'm going Alfa Romeo QV next... If I'm going to be at the shop this much, I may as well be driving an Italian.
my car is around a year and a half old, both my front struts were blown and had to be replaced.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
C63 amg esate
Ther's very little if any difference between sport plus and comfort on mine, I've often wondered if it was working correctly.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63 S, 2011 C63 R.I.P.
there used to be a noticeable difference between comfort and sport+ for me until they replaced the front struts. now it's unbearably stiff. had to take mine back in for them to see what's going on. the mechanic did a test drive with me and said sometimes there are problems with the connector to the valve that controls the comfort/sport/sport+ dampening. you guys might want to have that checked.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:45 PM
D-5

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55
Originally Posted by nl88

As per nl88's suggestion, I brought my 2015 C63s to the dealer to have them inspect my suspension. First they did a road test and inspected the hardware claiming there is no fault to any of the suspension components. Then they performed the AMG suspension control unit software update on my car. I immediately went for a one hour test drive after getting the car back. The software update didn't change the nature of the car as the ride remains harsh but like nl88 said, at least there is some sort of rebound after the update. There is a noticeable difference in ride quality after the update, however I don't see the time being displayed on the top left corner of my screen after the software update as mentioned by nl88. My next approach is to change the tires to seek further improvement to the ride quality.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C63s 2017
Hi

My brand new C63s came with a faulty suspension. At first I didn't know. It's only when I brought the car for another fix that the technician notice the firmness of the suspension. My God it felt harsh ; running on the rims!

Since then, there's quite difference in terms of plushness in Comfort vs Sport+ modes.

Regards

Michel
Old 12-18-2017, 05:28 AM

Exclamation C63s Rock Hard Ride Repair

Issue.
No suspension movement rock hard shocks
Adjusting the setting made zero difference
Car was 18 months old
The Fix
My Car was at the dealer for a week until they found the problem ( the originally told me it was fine so I told them please compare to another car....well guess what they then believed me )
The Suspension control Module mounted under the seat was faulty...........the dealer says it had corrosion on the connecting pins ( Module Replaced )
Maybe there is a batch of these Modules out there
My car is a Sept 15 build

hope this helps
The following users liked this post:
tekfoc (12-18-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 12:49 PM

18 E63S
Originally Posted by bc911@netspace.
Issue.
No suspension movement rock hard shocks
Adjusting the setting made zero difference
Car was 18 months old
The Fix
My Car was at the dealer for a week until they found the problem ( the originally told me it was fine so I told them please compare to another car....well guess what they then believed me )
The Suspension control Module mounted under the seat was faulty...........the dealer says it had corrosion on the connecting pins ( Module Replaced )
Maybe there is a batch of these Modules out there
My car is a Sept 15 build

hope this helps
great information.
glad it's sorted for you.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:45 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
My wife's Benz had a similar issue.

Some pins to a module had come loose and there were codes thrown up.

Seems like these types of issue are more common than people realize!