C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new C63s coupe edition 1 coolant loss...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63S Coupe Edition 1
Brand new C63s coupe edition 1 coolant loss...

FML...

Hello folks, I ordered my c63s coupe ed1 one year ago and finally was picking it up yesterday.

Here in Australia is now summer, yesterday was pretty humid and hot, about 30 degree. I took my vehicle ( 18kms on the clock ) to registy to swap for personalised number plate ( I previously deposited it into a wrong registry and dealer only informed me 1 day early that they can't pick it up and put it on for me) so I have to do it myself.

From dealer to the registry distance was 9kms.. the car was awesome... had the same car in sedan form for 8 months and I can tell u it's a hell lot of difference, will tell more later.

When I was on my way back to dealer the engine makes huge fan noise... but no warning light. And when engine off the sound stops. Spoken to technician they did a full scan found out the coolant was completely gone from the container... could be a big leakage, coz car only travelled 3x kms the engine warning did not come up. They kept the car and will exam next Monday.

I felt really bad. As the brand new car u guys understand how I feel.

Question 1: is it possible the delivery team just completely forgot add it in? (The car had 18kms before I pick up so suppose they have done test run)

Question 2: checked online there were several issue with coolant leakage on c63 both new w205 & old w204... which takes weeks for repairing. Can I ask for swapping for new car as it breaks down on the first f**** day on the road? (No there is no f**** lemon law & CCC give no f*** to car industry in Australia I understand.) I'm just asking...

Question 3: what else u folks know about this....?
Attached Thumbnails Brand new C63s coupe edition 1 coolant loss...-img_6370.jpg  
Old 01-07-2017, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
There are 2 reservoirs to fill but I don't know what they service. Maybe one for the engine and one for the inter coolers????
I would find out which one and what it is for.
Was engine temp high? Any steam? Any sign of a leak in engine bay or under car?
Checking these are part of the pre delivery inspection.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by blvckwill
FML...

Hello folks, I ordered my c63s coupe ed1 one year ago and finally was picking it up yesterday.

Here in Australia is now summer, yesterday was pretty humid and hot, about 30 degree. I took my vehicle ( 18kms on the clock ) to registy to swap for personalised number plate ( I previously deposited it into a wrong registry and dealer only informed me 1 day early that they can't pick it up and put it on for me) so I have to do it myself.

From dealer to the registry distance was 9kms.. the car was awesome... had the same car in sedan form for 8 months and I can tell u it's a hell lot of difference, will tell more later.

When I was on my way back to dealer the engine makes huge fan noise... but no warning light. And when engine off the sound stops. Spoken to technician they did a full scan found out the coolant was completely gone from the container... could be a big leakage, coz car only travelled 3x kms the engine warning did not come up. They kept the car and will exam next Monday.

I felt really bad. As the brand new car u guys understand how I feel.

Question 1: is it possible the delivery team just completely forgot add it in? (The car had 18kms before I pick up so suppose they have done test run)

Question 2: checked online there were several issue with coolant leakage on c63 both new w205 & old w204... which takes weeks for repairing. Can I ask for swapping for new car as it breaks down on the first f**** day on the road? (No there is no f**** lemon law & CCC give no f*** to car industry in Australia I understand.) I'm just asking...

Question 3: what else u folks know about this....?
Will, I feel your pain my man.

I had multiple issues with my old w205 sedan - I really wish we had lemon law here.

But being the car it is, I highly doubt they will let you swap. Like me they will keep fixing all the issues until you finally give up and place another order lol.

Good luck!
Old 01-08-2017, 08:14 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
What state are you in and which dealership did you purchase from?
Old 01-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,039 Likes on 1,421 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Headbolts on the m177/8!!???
Old 01-08-2017, 08:29 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Oh dear. This must be worrying. I hope it's sorted for you soon so you can get back
to enjoying your new car.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:05 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Blvckwill did you ever get sorted out with the coolant loss? I have had my C63S Coupé for not even a month and it lost half its reservoir of coolant yesterday, message on dash came up... its at the dealer now, with an AMG tech looking at it first thing in the AM. Little nervous.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by kck77
Blvckwill did you ever get sorted out with the coolant loss? I have had my C63S Coupé for not even a month and it lost half its reservoir of coolant yesterday, message on dash came up... its at the dealer now, with an AMG tech looking at it first thing in the AM. Little nervous.
What ended up happening with yours?
Old 12-30-2022, 11:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Mercedes C63S AMG
I'm another C63S owner having a coolant leak. My car is 3.5 years old so out of warranty for 6 months and it has done 16,000 miles. As I'm working from home these days, the car spends most of its time in my garage, but yesterday I used it for a 62 mile round trip and on the way back I got a coolant warning. I assumed it would just need topping up, but then noticed coolant on the garage floor, so there appears to be a leak in the system. It's booked into a local garage. I originally called a Mercedes dealer, but they wanted £80+ just to have a look and diagnose the issue and they couldn't fit me in for a couple of weeks!

I really thought Mercedes cars were made of stronger stuff as they are supposed to be "Prestige" vehicles. My previous car was a Jaguar XKR, purchased from new and I had it for 11 years. This also had a coolant leak, but only after 9 years of hard driving and doing over 100,000 miles.

A car that has a coolant leak after only 16,000 miles is "faulty" in my opinion, but of course Mercedes won't accept that!

I am so disappointed.
The following users liked this post:
Kakarot (12-30-2022)