Sponsored by:

Plus size wheels - C63S Estate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 03:00 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
C63S Estate
Plus size wheels - C63S Estate

Hi folks, hoping to tap into some experience about increasing wheel size slightly for the C63S estate. I have a few months before mine arrives down here in Oz and I want to order a set of BC Forged wheels to be here for when it arrives. Sanch is setting the pace on this but I have an estate which is 19 inch all round rather than the coupe which gets 20s on the rear from the factory. So need to compare to the sedan which like the estate is 19s all round from the factory.

Key things are I'd like the rim to be flush with bodywork and I don't want to overly trash the already hard ride by overly reducing tyre profile. Main aim is to improve the stance at the rear and try to get a bit more rear grip than the standard 19 x 9.5 will provide. Car won't be lowered.

Thinking staying 19s but going an inch wider than stock either on the rear only (i.e. 19 x 8.5 front and 19 x 10.5 rear) or going inch wider both front and rear (i.e. 19 x 9.5 and 19 x 10.5).

Hoping to get some insight from knowledgable folks here. The wheel shops where I am have no idea other than how to make a small Japanese shopping car look like a small Japanese shopping car with silly wide wheels.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S EDITION 1
Bump!
Old 02-07-2017, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by C63S Estate
Hi folks, hoping to tap into some experience about increasing wheel size slightly for the C63S estate. I have a few months before mine arrives down here in Oz and I want to order a set of BC Forged wheels to be here for when it arrives. Sanch is setting the pace on this but I have an estate which is 19 inch all round rather than the coupe which gets 20s on the rear from the factory. So need to compare to the sedan which like the estate is 19s all round from the factory.

Key things are I'd like the rim to be flush with bodywork and I don't want to overly trash the already hard ride by overly reducing tyre profile. Main aim is to improve the stance at the rear and try to get a bit more rear grip than the standard 19 x 9.5 will provide. Car won't be lowered.

Thinking staying 19s but going an inch wider than stock either on the rear only (i.e. 19 x 8.5 front and 19 x 10.5 rear) or going inch wider both front and rear (i.e. 19 x 9.5 and 19 x 10.5).

Hoping to get some insight from knowledgable folks here. The wheel shops where I am have no idea other than how to make a small Japanese shopping car look like a small Japanese shopping car with silly wide wheels.
You are lowering the car now if I'm correct?

You can definitely do 10.5 in the back with a 285 tire stretched, lowered will look perfect.

I vote 20"(I'm bias though) haha...

I wanted to do 20/21" on the coupe go up 1 inch front and back however stu advised me against it.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:08 AM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
W205 C63S AMG
I'm running a 10" rear with 285's and it's about right for the estate.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63s coupe
Originally Posted by SuperNik
I'm running a 10" rear with 285's and it's about right for the estate.
What offset are your wheels?
Old 02-08-2017, 06:15 AM

C63S Estate
Hi guys thanks for the info. Since the original post I've got Stu at BMR in Sydney helping me work it out and thinks widen to 9 inch front and 10 inch rears is easy to do. I know I could probably go wider again to 10.5 as you say Sanch and I know 20s will look better on the car. SuperNik's car looks amazing but I'm concerned with how the ride will be. Based on what he says there is a reasonable increase in firmness although it could be the KW kit causing some of it.

I was at Mercedes Sydney today and spent 20 minutes looking at the rear wheel arches of a C63S estate (confused the sales staff completely as to what I was doing). Those stock 19s do look too small at the back but I am pretty sure I'll get sick of the ride quality on 20s. So still thinking 19s just for ride quality but go wider half inch both front and back.

Yep going to drop the car with the KW kit - it can't stay at factory setting with 19s as the wheel arch gap is too great.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Hi guys thanks for the info. Since the original post I've got Stu at BMR in Sydney helping me work it out and thinks widen to 9 inch front and 10 inch rears is easy to do. I know I could probably go wider again to 10.5 as you say Sanch and I know 20s will look better on the car. SuperNik's car looks amazing but I'm concerned with how the ride will be. Based on what he says there is a reasonable increase in firmness although it could be the KW kit causing some of it.

I was at Mercedes Sydney today and spent 20 minutes looking at the rear wheel arches of a C63S estate (confused the sales staff completely as to what I was doing). Those stock 19s do look too small at the back but I am pretty sure I'll get sick of the ride quality on 20s. So still thinking 19s just for ride quality but go wider half inch both front and back.

Yep going to drop the car with the KW kit - it can't stay at factory setting with 19s as the wheel arch gap is too great.
Nice, keep us updated with the wheels you decide on.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:37 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63 Wagon

I'm with you on the arch gap, it need to be less.
I don't really want to get the front too much lower to the ground. I have owned plenty of lowered cars and I'm enjoying the freedom of ground clearance at the moment!
Audi has this right putting 20's on the RS4 and 21's on an RS6 with less arch gap. MB is one size to small IMO (19s on the C63 and 20s on the E63).

My plan is to get some 20's that are a slightly bigger diameter than the factory 19's which will reduce the arch gap and raise the car. I would also install the KW HAS kit so I can lowered it back down to somewhere near factory ground clearance. Net result is a reduction in arch gap (rears are approx 11mm with 285/30/20 tyres or 17mm with 295/30/20 tyres) without compromising on ground clearance much. I'm just concerned about how hard the ride will become.
I was wondering if the KW HAS gets harder the more you lower it? The shocks would have less travel so I assume that is the case? Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by MarkC63; 02-09-2017 at 03:59 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:09 AM

C63S Estate
Bit of an update on the wheel selection process. I have moved a long way from where I started and have ordered a set of BC Forged HBR2 two piece wheels.

20 inch, 9.5 front, 10.5 rear. Will fit 265 / 30 / 20 (f) and 285 / 30 / 20 (r) tyres. Wheels will be finished in brushed black all round with a KW sleeve kit to drop the car. Awesome work by Stuart at BMR in Sydney with his advice and expertise in what will fit. Anyone in AU should be talking to these guys on how to improve your car.

Now just got to wait for my car to arrive. Still 6-8 weeks away. Only been 6 month wait so far. Not getting impatient at all. No not a bit. Not me. Nah. Argh.

Attached Thumbnails Plus size wheels - C63S Estate-img_1037-copy.jpg   Plus size wheels - C63S Estate-hb-r02-550.png  
Old 06-22-2022, 05:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C300 09' (GONE) W205 C63S Edition 1 Estate
Bit of an update on the wheel selection process. I have moved a long way from where I started and have ordered a set of BC Forged HBR2 two piece wheels.

20 inch, 9.5 front, 10.5 rear. Will fit 265 / 30 / 20 (f) and 285 / 30 / 20 (r) tyres. Wheels will be finished in brushed black all round with a KW sleeve kit to drop the car. Awesome work by Stuart at BMR in Sydney with his advice and expertise in what will fit. Anyone in AU should be talking to these guys on how to improve your car.

Now just got to wait for my car to arrive. Still 6-8 weeks away. Only been 6 month wait so far. Not getting impatient at all. No not a bit. Not me. Nah. Argh.

Hi, im looking to fit some new wheels on my 63s estate as well. hoping for some advice and photos of your build!

I am also struggling debating 19' and 20s, and what offset are you running? Im seeing alot of +35 in front and +48 in the rear wondering if thats the way to go with it. thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Belong (07-17-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 03:57 PM

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts
W205 C63S T
As my calculations go, id go for 9x20 ET30 fronts with a 245 35 20 tire, and rear 10x20 ET50 with a 285 30 20

im having a custom set of ADV1 made in these specs... and yes i have the estate as well