Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoCal dealer help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2017 | 02:18 AM

W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
SoCal dealer help

It's almost time for me to pull the trigger on an AMG, and wanted to know if anyone has any sales people they would recommend.

I've had a very bad experience with Fletcher Jones Newport Beach.

If you feel more comfortable to send me PM instead of posting here, please feel free.

Thank you in advance.
Old 01-15-2017 | 02:32 AM

2019 Audi SQ5, 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4wd, 2016 Ford Focus se Hatchback
I had an order in at Laguna Niguel and I cancelled and moved it to Fletcher because of an earlier build date. What was your issue with Fletcher Jones?
Old 01-15-2017 | 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by sandjunkie
I had an order in at Laguna Niguel and I cancelled and moved it to Fletcher because of an earlier build date. What was your issue with Fletcher Jones?
They lied to me several times. One time we agreed to a deal in writing, and when I showed up to sign and pick up the car they came back stating that the numbers I'm talking about is practically giving out the car for free and they ended up offering me a deal that was no deal at all.

I once had an AMG ordered through Laguna, they didn't tell me that the car has arrived, they sold the car then called me stating that my car has arrived and to come and take it home.

I show up, and the car was sold and taken home by someone else a day before...
Old 01-15-2017 | 05:13 PM

2015 C63 AMG S Edition 1, 2021 GLS63, 2020 McLaren 600LT Spider
Calabasas lied to me as well so I cannot recommend them. I am in Reno and cannot recommend the dealership here enough. Santa Rosa is also excellent but I realize that both are quite a haul for you. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
OC6.3AMG (01-16-2017)
Old 01-15-2017 | 08:04 PM

2020 C300 Sedan
I can provide you with the name of salesman and general sales manager I used at Keyes European to get my 2017 C300. Just pm me.
OC6.3AMG (01-16-2017)
Old 01-15-2017 | 09:24 PM

2013 X5 5.0 M sport
I had a lot of trouble finding a local-ish dealer I liked when shopping for my GLE450. Too many dealerships not wanting to deal and salespeople that simply didn't know much about the product.

Ended up going with Rusnak Arcadia. My salesman is Andrei Kokhno.
Knowledgable and incredibly easy to deal with. Definitely worth giving him a call.
OC6.3AMG (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017 | 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by DHarris
I had a lot of trouble finding a local-ish dealer I liked when shopping for my GLE450. Too many dealerships not wanting to deal and salespeople that simply didn't know much about the product.

Ended up going with Rusnak Arcadia. My salesman is Andrei Kokhno.
Knowledgable and incredibly easy to deal with. Definitely worth giving him a call.
Thank you. I'll ring him up!
Old 01-16-2017 | 10:26 AM

C43 AMG Sedan
Call Mitch Segal at Foothill Ranch MB. Tell him the guy who test drove on a rainy day and is expecting kids sent you.
OC6.3AMG (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017 | 11:07 AM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Shewillbemine
Call Mitch Segal at Foothill Ranch MB. Tell him the guy who test drove on a rainy day and is expecting kids sent you.
I got mine there- easy painless experience and they even located my car at another store and got it. At the time mine was the only white coupe with the options I needed in a 500 mile range and the Foothill did their job.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vic55:
OC6.3AMG (01-16-2017), Shewillbemine (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017 | 07:01 PM

'15 C63S
Best dealer I dealt with down in SoCal was W.I.Simonson, in Santa Monica. I ended up making a deal over the phone with them, with them covering my one-way plane ticket, and they picked me up from LAX in a CLS, covered my hotel, bought me lunch, and had the paperwork ready for me when I arrived at the dealership.

This was when the CLA45 JUST came out, and they still gave me a good % off MSRP, whereas no dealer in the SF Bay area would budge from MSRP.
OC6.3AMG (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017 | 07:07 PM

w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by vaelin
Best dealer I dealt with down in SoCal was W.I.Simonson, in Santa Monica. I ended up making a deal over the phone with them, with them covering my one-way plane ticket, and they picked me up from LAX in a CLS, covered my hotel, bought me lunch, and had the paperwork ready for me when I arrived at the dealership.

This was when the CLA45 JUST came out, and they still gave me a good % off MSRP, whereas no dealer in the SF Bay area would budge from MSRP.
i live in the Bay but i recommend same dealership in Santa Monica
OC6.3AMG (01-16-2017)
Old 01-16-2017 | 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Shewillbemine
Excellent. I'm on vacay in Hawaii and will call Mitch next week. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Vic55
I got mine there- easy painless experience and they even located my car at another store and got it. At the time mine was the only white coupe with the options I needed in a 500 mile range and the Foothill did their job.
Awesome! Thank you for sharing. They are MB Laguna's sister dealership.
Old 01-16-2017 | 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by vaelin

Will contact them also. Thank you!
Old 01-17-2017 | 01:45 AM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by OC6.3AMG
Will contact them also. Thank you!

I would avoid WI Simonson like the plague. I'm in the process of suing them. They are crooks. PM for more details.

I bought my car from Matthew Borlenghi at Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills. Very funny and honest guy. I was in-and-out in less than 3 hours from the moment I walked in. I had a horrific experience at Fletcher Jones as well. They pulled the same bait and switch on me.
Old 01-17-2017 | 06:24 AM

2020 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by Guilty
I would avoid WI Simonson like the plague. I'm in the process of suing them. They are crooks. PM for more details.

I bought my car from Matthew Borlenghi at Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills. Very funny and honest guy. I was in-and-out in less than 3 hours from the moment I walked in. I had a horrific experience at Fletcher Jones as well. They pulled the same bait and switch on me.

I tried to get a car from WI Simonson and with Matthew at Beverly Hills Mercedes also. Neither my contact at WI nor Matt even bothered to contact me back when I was trying to get into my new car. I just don't think either dealer wanted to make a deal due to the negative equity issue I had on my prior ride. Their lack of follow up completely turned me off to their dealerships. It would've been nice if they would have bothered to let me know that they were not able to make a deal. But to not even contact me back at all is just totally unprofessional. In fact Matt told me that because their dealership is smaller than Keyes European they were unable to meet or beat any pricing that I received at Keyes. The reason I was looking at other dealerships is is because Keyes did not have the color that I was looking for at the time. Keyes sells about 700 call cars per month compared to Beverly Hills Mercedes which sells about 250 per month. I know Keyes doesn't necessarily always have the best reputation, but I dealt with the general sales manager who finalized the numbers in my deal being that I was a Keyes Lexus customer for 10 years. And the negative equity issue on my prior ride was not even a problem.
Old 01-17-2017 | 10:03 AM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by OC6.3AMG
Awesome! Thank you for sharing. They are MB Laguna's sister dealership.
Yes but they operate separately outside of sharing the same business office and can work you a great deal (which Laguna did not offer me at the time).
Old 01-17-2017 | 11:16 AM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by Dstopsie
I tried to get a car from WI Simonson and with Matthew at Beverly Hills Mercedes also. Neither my contact at WI nor Matt even bothered to contact me back when I was trying to get into my new car. I just don't think either dealer wanted to make a deal due to the negative equity issue I had on my prior ride. Their lack of follow up completely turned me off to their dealerships. It would've been nice if they would have bothered to let me know that they were not able to make a deal. But to not even contact me back at all is just totally unprofessional. In fact Matt told me that because their dealership is smaller than Keyes European they were unable to meet or beat any pricing that I received at Keyes. The reason I was looking at other dealerships is is because Keyes did not have the color that I was looking for at the time. Keyes sells about 700 call cars per month compared to Beverly Hills Mercedes which sells about 250 per month. I know Keyes doesn't necessarily always have the best reputation, but I dealt with the general sales manager who finalized the numbers in my deal being that I was a Keyes Lexus customer for 10 years. And the negative equity issue on my prior ride was not even a problem.
I'll agree with you 100%. Large volume dealers tend to offer a more competitive pricing. You just gotta be ready to commit and sign right away or the deal might go away the next day.

I just mentioned Matt because the experience was him from the moment I walked in was very pleasant compared to what I had to deal with at Fletcher Jones. I stopped by after submitting the online form. Went to the lot, picked a car. Talked numbers (only $5k off... back when the c63s was still hot) and that's it. Fletcher Jones promised me a certain deal on the phone. Lied to me and said they had the car I want. I get there and they refuse to do anything unless I submit a credit app... and at the end... they didn't even have the car they were talking about it. They supposedly sold it the same day.

Ah... and again, stay away from WI Simonson.
Old 01-17-2017 | 11:25 PM

'15 C63S
Guess everyone has different experiences. Sucks to hear you have to go as far as taking them to court. They were awesome to me.
Old 01-18-2017 | 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Guilty

Thank you, I will avoid them and wish you success in the legal battle.
Old 01-18-2017 | 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Vic55
Yes but they operate separately outside of sharing the same business office and can work you a great deal (which Laguna did not offer me at the time).
Great to know! Thank you for the info, I'll give them a shot.