C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edition 1 owners: I could use some info on ED 1 Front Splitter fastening/installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 12:40 AM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Edition 1 owners: I could use some info on ED 1 Front Splitter fastening/installation

Hi all ED 1 owners,

I have purchased and received the Edition 1 front Splitter for my C63s Magno Coupe from my local MB parts centre ... the package did not come with any install instructions or fastening parts i.e.: screws, two-sided tape etc.... just the left, right and centre pieces that make up the splitter.

I believe the left and right side pieces each screw into the already pre-drilled holes of the front side of the front wheel wells with the already present screws... but its the centre piece I am not sure of; how it fastens to the left and right pieces and if its just two sided tape or screws that fastens it to the vehicle.

Could and ED 1 owner please take a quick peek under the front end next time you have a nice dry day and few minutes, and do a little reconisance for me please maybe some quick pics on your phone if you think it will help. Thank you in advance
Attached Thumbnails Edition 1 owners: I could use some info on ED 1 Front Splitter fastening/installation-image1-2.png  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 191 Likes on 147 Posts
/////PRO
Was under an Edition 1 last week, it is held on with a series of several black screws. I didn't count how many exactly, but it was several.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:36 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Originally Posted by dlefty
Was under an Edition 1 last week, it is held on with a series of several black screws. I didn't count how many exactly, but it was several.
Thank you! That is what I needed to know ... I figured it had to be screwed on all the way across. Now I just need to cross my fingers those holes and screws are already there as part of the original design so it's an easy "plug and play" install; although I have a funny feeling it's going to be a little more involved then that ie: drilling holes etc. Any one else with some more info please chime in!