C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling guys from GTA: What the hell I am supposed to do with this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Calling guys from GTA: What the hell I am supposed to do with this?

Hey guys, one of those situations where some feedback from both the C63/C43 groups would have been appreciated. See if you can chip in some thoughts.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7094768
Old 03-26-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 105 Likes on 79 Posts
'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
Legally, all you have to do is ask the Officer what evidence he has (not his presumption) that a) your vehicle was the one revving loudly, and b) that your vehicle is modified? Being that he didn't witness you revving, he's failed to identify you properly as the individual committing the alleged offense. And without inspecting the car, he's failed to establish a prima facie case/evidence that your vehicle is modified.

I'd state this to the Judge and state that given the Officer has failed to provide any evidence to substantiate their claim, ask him to dismiss the case immediately. And that should be sufficient.

If push comes to shove, you can offer your vehicle to be inspected, but that shouldn't be necessary as the Officer already issued you a citation, and unless he's already gathered adequate evidence to substantiate his claim, his claim shouldn't hold up in a court of law.

*The above shouldn't be misconstrued as legal advice; rather; it's just me sharing my experience*

Having said that, the REAL world scenario that I've come across in numerous large cities is that the Judges in the local district (or equivalent) traffic courts are straight up corrupt, in that they could care less about rule of law and your defense. They're paid directly by court fees collected, so it's in their own personal interest to uphold as many citations as possible in order to collect as many court fees as possible. That's why they make it so easy for you to plead guilty (or to a reduced charge) or even withhold adjudication (if available in your locale), both of which involve a reduced (or even possibly completely dismissed) citation charge - but still carry a mandatory court fee... It's a smart gig, but is incredibly unfair and anything but just. Don't mind my rant.......

Bottom line: if you stick to it, you should definitely win, if your car is indeed stock. But you may need to go above and beyond what is legally required of you due to the aforementioned situation, and prove your innocence since you're guilty until you prove otherwise... =-/

Last edited by FDNewbie; 03-26-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe 2018 Ford Raptor 2017 Corvette Z06 2013 Mercedes C63 2012 Mercedes C63 BS
Trust me coming from a gas pedal happy driver and enjoys making noise (yes it is stock, for now) Unless he held a decibel reader to your exhaust and had you rev it and it was over the limit he has no physical evidence of your exhaust being modded even though it isn't. I would fight it and tell the cop to go screw himself.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:14 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 c63 Amg s (almost)
Originally Posted by Alex98
Trust me coming from a gas pedal happy driver and enjoys making noise (yes it is stock, for now) Unless he held a decibel reader to your exhaust and had you rev it and it was over the limit he has no physical evidence of your exhaust being modded even though it isn't. I would fight it and tell the cop to go screw himself.
go to court. Sorry to say, but in my experience there's always more to the story. Everyone was only doing 5 over but somehow managed to get a 15 mph ticket. Don't argue when you get pulled over, it doesn't do you any good. Take it to court and the judge will decide.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:17 PM

2017 C63S Coupe 2018 Ford Raptor 2017 Corvette Z06 2013 Mercedes C63 2012 Mercedes C63 BS
Originally Posted by Souriall91
go to court. Sorry to say, but in my experience there's always more to the story. Everyone was only doing 5 over but somehow managed to get a 15 mph ticket. Don't argue when you get pulled over, it doesn't do you any good. Take it to court and the judge will decide.
Not if you know your rights and know they don't have anything on you. First amendment is there for a reason, I understand it's a cop but they're still a person. #1 seller, your phone. Start recording. They think twice about what they say from then on
Old 03-26-2017, 11:30 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C63s Sedan
No, sourial is right... Never argue with the cop. It's not a matter of who's right and who's wrong... It's a matter of who has the right to give you a ticket... Or worse.

In my experience, always apologize... always show respect to the boys in blue.

You'd be surprised how many times you'll be let off with a warning if you can get the cop to actually like you.

Starting off confrontational will never work to your advantage. Period.

It's like crossing the street, when you have the right of way, but there's a car going 65 mph that you know will hit you. Still gonna cross? Wanna be that guy that's "dead right?"

Put your ego aside when you get pulled over. Play to the cop's ego... They all have them.

​​​​​
Old 03-26-2017, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Palpatine
No, sourial is right... Never argue with the cop. It's not a matter of who's right and who's wrong... It's a matter of who has the right to give you a ticket... Or worse.

In my experience, always apologize... always show respect to the boys in blue.

You'd be surprised how many times you'll be let off with a warning if you can get the cop to actually like you.

Starting off confrontational will never work to your advantage. Period.

It's like crossing the street, when you have the right of way, but there's a car going 65 mph that you know will hit you. Still gonna cross? Wanna be that guy that's "dead right?"

Put your ego aside when you get pulled over. Play to the cop's ego... They all have them.

​​​​​
Yes and no, each to their own. If I'm at fault I'll apologize and admit my wrong doings. If I didn't do anything wrong I will not be apologizing
Old 03-26-2017, 11:55 PM

2016 C63s Sedan
Yes and no, each to their own. If I'm at fault I'll apologize and admit my wrong doings. If I didn't do anything wrong I will not be apologizing
If I get pulled over... And I think it's b.s., I'm still gonna be cool as f**k.

Cause I know that cops are only human.

And as much as they love giving tickets to the guys who wanna argue with them...

They also like to feel good about themselves when they cut that cool **** a break.

Take it from a guy who's talked his way out of many tickets over the years.

Granted, I pretty much deserved to get pulled over and get the ticket each time... But let's get real... If you're getting pulled over, you're probably doing something wrong.

This exhaust situation definitely sounds unique and a bum deal.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Palpatine
If I get pulled over... And I think it's b.s., I'm still gonna be cool as f**k.

Cause I know that cops are only human.

And as much as they love giving tickets to the guys who wanna argue with them...

They also like to feel good about themselves when they cut that cool **** a break.

Take it from a guy who's talked his way out of many tickets over the years.

Granted, I pretty much deserved to get pulled over and get the ticket each time... But let's get real... If you're getting pulled over, you're probably doing something wrong.

This exhaust situation definitely sounds unique and a bum deal.
I can see where you are coming from. I'm not disagreeing with you
Old 03-27-2017, 12:06 AM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Honestly just sounds like bad luck. Not sure how much the fine is, but if it isn't that high, and it's not a moving violation, it may not be worth your time to fight it even if you are totally in the right.

That's your call though. If you do fight it I think you have a pretty good shot.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:07 AM

2016 C63s Sedan
I can see where you are coming from. I'm not disagreeing with you