C63s Carbon Fibre or Carbon Ceramics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C63s
C63s Carbon Fibre or Carbon Ceramics

Hi all,

Stefan from London! I have another 2 months to wait before my black on black C63s coupe is delivered. Had the W204 C63 Coupe then a stage 2 M4 which i blew the engine on (was running 550hp). So thats all in the past and now eagerly waiting for my C63s Coupe.

I have a few more days until i can amend the final spec and i am torn between the the full exterior carbon package or carbon ceramics, i know two incomparable items, but similar money.

From my drive the standard brakes are more than enough but the ceramics just look so good!! However being front axle only seems a bit pointless in some respects and my reason for the carbon exterior is that i had it on the M4 and it just looked so good!!

I am not able to find many people with the carbon on a black coupe which is kind of annoying, i know it will look good, but just wonder if it is popular option as its quite expensive!!!

Also, if when i sell the car can i remove the carbon bits and sell on and replace with standard stuff which i will have to buy? Not sure if it is worth ordering the parts separately and then fitting myself so i have the OEM parts to put back on when i sell.

Any pics, help or opinions appreciated!!
Old 04-14-2017, 03:53 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
Do you take your car to the track at all? If not basically you are just paying for colored calipers. You won't see the full advantage of Ceramics unless you are on a road coarse or the occasional blast through mtns with lots of twists and turns.

The IG user sxty3 has the black car with carbon exterior parts and it looks great. He also has the ceramic brakes. He is on here as well if you check through the picture thread. He has added on some new aftermarket carbon parts.
Check out both RW and modecarbon. You may be able to get the brakes on the build, but the pieces from those vendors and save some money and then have the stock pieces like you suggested above
The following users liked this post:
supaer (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 04:44 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
I agree. If you're not going to track the car the front carbon brakes are just a waste of money unless you just want them for the look, which is fine. I'd go with the brakes over the exterior carbon package. I have a friend with the carbon package also on a black car and it all blends together. If it was a lighter colored car I would say go with the carbon package. Unless you are up close to the car or the sun hits it just right, from a distance it all just looks black. At least the gold color brakes stand out.
supaer (04-15-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 06:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
c63s
carbon ceramics for sure if you want to look different, i didn't get them when i ordered the vehicle and iv ask to get them now and its like 20k aud and if i ordered them when i bought the car it would of cost me 10k , you can always get carbon pieces latter on
supaer (04-15-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Order your car with the CCB's

Best price you will get - anywhere

You will be glad you did

or

http://www.mercteil.com/en/products/...ke-system-w205

Thank-You
D.B.

`
supaer (04-15-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 08:02 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Track or not, do the carbon fiber packages. Stainless rotors will be just fine for both street and track, and if you are serious about the track, your parts replacement costs will be gentler on your wallet with using stainless rotors. Only way I would do carbon brakes is if you would feel the need to tell people you have carbon front brake rotors for the sake of attempting to impress them........all the fastest lap time cars at the street car events in my neck of the woods at Road America use stainless rotors.
supaer (04-15-2017)
Old 04-15-2017, 07:04 AM

Mercedes C63s
Ok so i have just confirmed the spec, i added the Ceramic discs and the ceramic package 1 and 2... Cant wait until July until i can see this in the flesh.

I decided to get the ceramics as they just look really good, the standard brakes are good enough but i think for the cost they are worth it.

Will just take the carbon bits of the car when it comes to selling it. I have been told that the new car will have the upgraded exhaust map so that will be good.

Am going to have to source some spacers and springs... What are most people running in terms of that?
Old 04-16-2017, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NB8 PARACHUTE
`

http://trakplus.com/

http://www.hrsprings.com/products/detail/trak

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 04-17-2017, 12:44 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Originally Posted by supaer
Ok so i have just confirmed the spec, i added the Ceramic discs and the ceramic package 1 and 2... Cant wait until July until i can see this in the flesh.

I decided to get the ceramics as they just look really good, the standard brakes are good enough but i think for the cost they are worth it.

Will just take the carbon bits of the car when it comes to selling it. I have been told that the new car will have the upgraded exhaust map so that will be good.

Am going to have to source some spacers and springs... What are most people running in terms of that?
I almost wish I had gone with the ceramics strictly out of reduced brake dust lol; my god these standard brake pads produce more dust then I have ever seen from any pad, its incredible. If you are simply using the c63s as a daily driver, with little to no track time, the ceramic pads will last you forever and produce much less dust. Ya, 10k may be a little steep, but I think it will be worth it in the end after less pad replacement/resale etc
Old 04-17-2017, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Originally Posted by kck77
I almost wish I had gone with the ceramics strictly out of reduced brake dust lol; my god these standard brake pads produce more dust then I have ever seen from any pad, its incredible. If you are simply using the c63s as a daily driver, with little to no track time, the ceramic pads will last you forever and produce much less dust. Ya, 10k may be a little steep, but I think it will be worth it in the end after less pad replacement/resale etc

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 04-17-2017, 02:38 PM

Mercedes C63s
yup well they are on the order sheet and so are both the carbon packs... I hope they look good with black paint and black wheels.

Boca design looks like it has some nice carbon