C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackout Tip and Question for the mechanically inclined....

Old 04-25-2017, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Blackout Tip and Question for the mechanically inclined....

I just ordered the following paint from Amazon:

Amazon Amazon

The benefits of this paint are, as follows:

1) It actually bonds with the plastic underneath more than just a typical paint
2) After 7 days, it's literally chip proof (according to the manufacturer) which leads me to believe that it's almost as good as plastic being molded in this color....

My intent is to paint the front grill pieces and star surround (I cannot paint the points of the star as I have the radar system and the star itself is covered in clear, unremovable plastic... :-(

That being said, here's the question:

I have the coupe and would like to paint the chrome on the door handles. In order to remove the handles, do you have to remove the door panels on the interior, or is there a way to remove them just from the exterior????

I do not want to do major work on the interior of the car, potentially introducing rattles, etc., just to paint the door handles, which are not that big a deal....
Old 04-25-2017, 03:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63s 2015 & ML350 Bluetec 2012
You may see how to remove door handles on a C-Class on this video. An easy task.

Secondly,
I do not think you are going to get a great finish with that paint, please try on another surface before using it on your car. There are a lot of different paints and/or vinyl to use on the grill and door handles. Check this forum and youtube.com

or you may try dark chrome paint this
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by les2015; 04-25-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old 04-25-2017, 05:18 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
Holy ****. That's how easy it is. I was trying to figure that out forever when I wrapped the handles. Took me hours and messed up my back being hunched over.
Damn
Old 04-25-2017, 10:09 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan | 2016 Yukon XL Denali
You may want to consider wrapping the door handles. I had mine as well as the chrome inserts (on from the factory) wrapped in satin black and the inserts also wrapped in xpel. Came out really clean and can be reversed anytime.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by les2015
You may see how to remove door handles on a C-Class on this video. An easy task.

Secondly,
I do not think you are going to get a great finish with that paint, please try on another surface before using it on your car. There are a lot of different paints and/or vinyl to use on the grill and door handles. Check this forum and youtube.com

or you may try dark chrome paint this
Amazon Amazon
Why do you think the finish won't be good with that paint??? I am going to use the black chrome paint for the door handles (already purchased) as they are metal, but the plastic grill trim????