Sponsored by:

Self Parking in my AMG C63s Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 12:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG C63s Coupe
Self Parking in my AMG C63s Coupe

Very cool demo of my C63s Coupe self parking by my dealer on delivery day. I am just loving this car as a daily!

Sai
Attached Thumbnails Self Parking in my AMG C63s Coupe-img_0156.jpg   Self Parking in my AMG C63s Coupe-img_0154.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
NARCOGP (05-08-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 12:46 AM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
ha didn't realize you had to put the car in reverse to start the process, no wonder mine never worked
Old 05-05-2017, 12:51 AM

2017 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by jkob5
ha didn't realize you had to put the car in reverse to start the process, no wonder mine never worked
haha. I am not an expert by any means and have been so timid to use it in a real situation...so worried I will scratch my rims! It was really cool to see the tech at the dealership demo it though before I took the car.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:10 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe, Triumph 675R Daytona, Triumph Explorer.
I've had one instance of it working really well and another of it making a right mess of it, shuffling back and forth. Its a really nice tool to have though if your not sure about parallel parking.

Just always keep an eye on your mirrors / camera. You can take control back quickly at any time.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:34 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Thanks for the demo; I haven't used it since I bought the car (haven't actually needed to), but good to know how to activate it!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
nothing
Thanks for the vid! I was wondering if you were ever going to register here on the forum when I was commenting on your youtube video about the black wheels. Looks like you did. Welcome aboard.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 C63S
I knew you looked familiar. this is the Girl who posted on a GTR forum and got called out HARD.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...?highlight=GTR
The GTR thread is gone but it was an interesting read. Be careful as its just to promote a youtube channel.
I just new that name and that face was familiar
Old 05-05-2017, 11:57 AM

2017 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by bgm130
I knew you looked familiar. this is the Girl who posted on a GTR forum and got called out HARD.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...?highlight=GTR
The GTR thread is gone but it was an interesting read. Be careful as its just to promote a youtube channel.
I just new that name and that face was familiar
Yes that is me who posted on those forums and yes I did have a GTR that I traded in when I picked up my C63s. Were you one of the ignorant members on that forum who for some reason couldn't believe I owned a GTR and claimed it was rented? Just silliness. I suppose you think I don't own the AMG either and the dealership and entire sales staff is in on the scheme?

Anyway, i am just sharing my experiences with my AMG and will continue to do so as I use it in the everyday.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:59 AM

2017 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by Bluetonic
I've had one instance of it working really well and another of it making a right mess of it, shuffling back and forth. Its a really nice tool to have though if your not sure about parallel parking.

Just always keep an eye on your mirrors / camera. You can take control back quickly at any time.
I will definitely give it a shot. Spaces are typically very tight here in San Francisco so I may wait till I am out of the city on a drive and can test it. Still fearful of scraping my rims!
Old 05-05-2017, 12:00 PM

2017 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by shoe3k
Thanks for the vid! I was wondering if you were ever going to register here on the forum when I was commenting on your youtube video about the black wheels. Looks like you did. Welcome aboard.
Thanks. Are any of you on the AMG owners private forum that Mercedes has set up? I am going to be registering there this week as well. Be great to see some of you at the AMG specific track events as well.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:14 PM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by Sai.y
Yes that is me who posted on those forums and yes I did have a GTR that I traded in when I picked up my C63s. Were you one of the ignorant members on that forum who for some reason couldn't believe I owned a GTR and claimed it was rented? Just silliness. I suppose you think I don't own the AMG either and the dealership and entire sales staff is in on the scheme?

Anyway, i am just sharing my experiences with my AMG and will continue to do so as I use it in the everyday.
yeah you were shot down there and no i am not a member as i do not own a GTR(like you). you were asked numerous times to post the last few of your vin to prove and and you could not do it saying it was "personal info"
how is yor SV lambo you were thinking of buying? or was the c63 just a better car for you instead.
go out to your car right now. post a picture of you holding something with today's date in the car and not parked in the dealer. if you can do that i will formally apologize, but i am sure you will find some excuse like the 16 pages in the other forum.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:35 PM

2017 AMG C63s Coupe
yeah you were shot down there and no i am not a member as i do not own a GTR(like you). you were asked numerous times to post the last few of your vin to prove and and you could not do it saying it was "personal info"
how is yor SV lambo you were thinking of buying? or was the c63 just a better car for you instead.
go out to your car right now. post a picture of you holding something with today's date in the car and not parked in the dealer. if you can do that i will formally apologize, but i am sure you will find some excuse like the 16 pages in the other forum.
I was not shot down. Members doubted that i had a GTR and that I had ordered a C63s and that I have an incoming SV which will arrive in Mid May as I said back in February. Every single thing I said is true. I have felt no need to provide my VIN of my GTR or income information..etc to validate my ownership when no other owner does.

The C63s is not a "better" car than the GTR but it is better suited to being a daily driver given that I will have the SV paired with it. In a lot of ways so far I love my new AMG more but it really isn't fair to compare it to the GTR which is really a pure track car with some daily use potential.

Oh...and despite my better judgement, I did interrupt my morning coffee just now to take the silly pictures of me right now with the date,
Attached Thumbnails Self Parking in my AMG C63s Coupe-img_6564.jpg   Self Parking in my AMG C63s Coupe-img_6570.jpg   Self Parking in my AMG C63s Coupe-img_6563.jpg  
Old 05-05-2017, 01:35 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
nothing
I just read through some of those threads on LP and some of the google cached pages for the deleted GTRlife threads. Quite interesting.

Last edited by shoe3k; 05-05-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Seriously people... Leave her alone.
Keyboard warriors make the internet forums much less fun for everyone...

Enjoy your ride!. Black on black is great, except if you live in Vegas like me, or Arizona! LOL
Old 05-05-2017, 09:32 PM

2017 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by auditoamg

Enjoy your ride!. Black on black is great, except if you live in Vegas like me, or Arizona! LOL
Thanks! It is so much fun! Good thing I don't have that problem here in SF where the summer feels like winter most years... Hope you are enjoying yours as well!
Old 05-06-2017, 09:09 AM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by auditoamg

I am not a keyboard warrior I happen a very active member on this forum.
Nice for you to throw that phrase around before you do some investigating. I noticed something and I pointed it out. Part of it was true and apparently I was incorrect with some things

As I promised Sai I am very sorry. Not sure what happened with the GtR but enjoy your new Mercedes it's a fun car.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Nice for you to throw that phrase around before you do some investigating. I noticed something and I pointed it out. Part of it was true and apparently I was incorrect with some things

As I promised Sai I am very sorry. Not sure what happened with the GtR but enjoy your new Mercedes it's a fun car.
It wasn't targeted at you, necessarily.... I was posting before this got out of hand, like it has in many other threads. This is supposed to be a fun place.... 😀
Old 05-06-2017, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Stop before you embarrass yourself and other members here. Why don't you both post your W2's and tax returns while you're at it. Ridiculous.

Bgm, did you finance or lease your C63? Yes? Guess what, you don't own your car either.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:06 AM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
2024 X5 M60i, 2018 C63S Coupe (sold)
This is actually a pretty good demonstration of the feature as it shows it from both the inside and outside of the car, and also shows the indicator lights. I didn't even know the car had indicator lights above the rear deck until I saw this video.

Anyone know if it's possible to use the parking feature to reverse into a small one-car garage? The manual states the parking space must be at least 1m wider than the car, but it's unclear if that includes the mirrors or not. The interior of the garage would obviously be more than 1m wider but the garage door itself might not be.

that are at right angles to the direction of travel and at least 39.5 in (1.0 m) wider than your vehicle

My garage is really small and my current car doesn't have a reversing camera; I tried backing into it once, never again. I have a 2018 C63S on order, and I know it has a reversing camera, but it's also a pretty wide car. It'd be cool if the ParkAssist function worked backing into the garage.

After checking out more demonstrations of the parking/surround features, I emailed my SA to add it to my build... hopefully the build is not locked yet.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:01 AM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Stop before you embarrass yourself and other members here. Why don't you both post your W2's and tax returns while you're at it. Ridiculous.

Bgm, did you finance or lease your C63? Yes? Guess what, you don't own your car either.
How am I embarrassing myself. I believe I have helped you out in eh past so why don't you shut your mouth. I think the others on AZ have proved my point so I am done.

I actually do own my car. I purchased it with a trade and a cashier check. So why don't YOU stop before you embarrass yourself.
And here you go I never bothered to clean out my glove compartment.

Oh also I apologized after she posted the pictures so maybe read the entire thing before you chime in.

Last edited by bgm130; 05-06-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
How am I embarrassing myself. I believe I have helped you out in eh past so why don't you shut your mouth. I think the others on AZ have proved my point so I am done.

I actually do own my car. I purchased it with a trade and a cashier check. So why don't YOU stop before you embarrass yourself.
And here you go I never bothered to clean out my glove compartment.

Oh also I apologized after she posted the pictures so maybe read the entire thing before you chime in.
Congrats, you proved to the internet that you own your car outright! Welcome to the elite club.

You're probably confusing me with someone else you think you've helped. I don't even know you on a first name basis. And even if you have helped me, that voids my right to speak my mind?

I did read the entire thread and you should be apologetic to this girl. You antagonized her and tried to "out" her as if she's a criminal. If you want forum drama, maybe you should just go back to Audizine and stay? You seem to be the kind of guy who calls people out because you want the drama, but when people call you out, you act all "holier than thou" as if you've done nothing wrong
Old 05-06-2017, 12:21 PM

2017 AMG C63s Coupe

Thanks for saying that.

Really looking forward to getting to know it and driving it more and more. I haven't had a chance to even experience sports plus mode yet! Even at low speed and just driving around the city it is funny how I just smile every time the exhaust growls back at me!
Old 05-06-2017, 12:24 PM

2017 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by GordonGEICO
This is actually a pretty good demonstration of the feature as it shows it from both the inside and outside of the car, and also shows the indicator lights. I didn't even know the car had indicator lights above the rear deck until I saw this video.

Anyone know if it's possible to use the parking feature to reverse into a small one-car garage? The manual states the parking space must be at least 1m wider than the car, but it's unclear if that includes the mirrors or not. The interior of the garage would obviously be more than 1m wider but the garage door itself might not be.

that are at right angles to the direction of travel and at least 39.5 in (1.0 m) wider than your vehicle

My garage is really small and my current car doesn't have a reversing camera; I tried backing into it once, never again. I have a 2018 C63S on order, and I know it has a reversing camera, but it's also a pretty wide car. It'd be cool if the ParkAssist function worked backing into the garage.

After checking out more demonstrations of the parking/surround features, I emailed my SA to add it to my build... hopefully the build is not locked yet.
Great. Glad it was helpful! I would definitely recommend the 360 camera system, I have never had this feature on a car before and it just transforms the way you park! Supposedly the self parking feature works in both parallel and perpendicular parking situations which may make it good for your garage. I will see if I can try that out this weekend and get back to you.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:32 PM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Congrats, you proved to the internet that you own your car outright! Welcome to the elite club.

You're probably confusing me with someone else you think you've helped. I don't even know you on a first name basis. And even if you have helped me, that voids my right to speak my mind?

I did read the entire thread and you should be apologetic to this girl. You antagonized her and tried to "out" her as if she's a criminal. If you want forum drama, maybe you should just go back to Audizine and stay? You seem to be the kind of guy who calls people out because you want the drama, but when people call you out, you act all "holier than thou" as if you've done nothing wrong
Wow you are stupid. YOU told me that I don't even own my car. That was all you. I simply proved otherwise. I meant I have more then likely answered questions but I could be wrong. I am glad I don't know you in person because you seem like a douchebag. And no you can say what ever you want but seems like you just keep making yourself look stupid each time you do.

Anyway once again I DID appoigze so either you didn't read or you have NO reading comprehension.

Maybe I will go back to AZ. Either way I am done internet arguing with you.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Wow you are stupid. YOU told me that I don't even own my car. That was all you. I simply proved otherwise. I meant I have more then likely answered questions but I could be wrong. I am glad I don't know you in person because you seem like a douchebag. And no you can say what ever you want but seems like you just keep making yourself look stupid each time you do.

Anyway once again I DID appoigze so either you didn't read or you have NO reading comprehension.

Maybe I will go back to AZ. Either way I am done internet arguing with you.
Really? A new member posts on the forum and the first thing you do is dig up old dirt and make unsubstantiated claims that she doesn't actually own her car... and I'm the douchebag?

Yup, keep telling yourself that

Sai - congrats on YOUR car, enjoy it in good health

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Self Parking in my AMG C63s Coupe