Sponsored by:

LSD in our cars.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 05:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63 S
LSD in our cars.

I've got 16 C63S with known electronic LSD and noticed weird thing on my driveway. While pooling in one of my rear tires end up being lifted of the ground and car wouldn't move. Tried to switch to sport mode by disengaging traction nanny and it didn't do anything. Makes me think if it'd be better just to go with regular C63 equipped with mechanical LSD that in theory should put power on both wheels don't you think?
Old 05-12-2017, 05:25 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
Give it some gas it will lock up and get you up the drive way. Otherwise get it checked by your dealer if it's letting the wheel off the ground spin uselessly. I too get a wheel off the ground going into the garage from off the street and you can feel the torque transfer when it locks and bites.

Before this I had a BMW 335 with an open diff. I had a Quafe mechanical LSD installed and that was so much better than the stock set up. I used to go up the same incline with that car and while it had a bit more suspension travel than the C63S, I can tell you the electronic diff is better in virtually all driving situations including the wheelie one you are describing. The car does a bit better in the wet too.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:58 AM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by Geno40
I've got 16 C63S with known electronic LSD and noticed weird thing on my driveway. While pooling in one of my rear tires end up being lifted of the ground and car wouldn't move. Tried to switch to sport mode by disengaging traction nanny and it didn't do anything. Makes me think if it'd be better just to go with regular C63 equipped with mechanical LSD that in theory should put power on both wheels don't you think?
My car gets stuck on my steep driveway all the time =) car is so stiff. I think my neighbors must be very confused
Old 05-13-2017, 06:13 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
Problem is the suspension barely has any travel. It is rocks stiff especially the sedan
Old 05-16-2017, 08:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 EQE 350 4matic / 2019 911 Carrera T
I have the same issue here with the mechanical differential on the C63. One wheel gets lifted, and when i hit the gas, i get a grinding noise and the car moves. I turned off the traction completely, and the noise is significantly down, but there is still something grinding. It almost sounds like the car is bottoming out, but there is clearance. any idea idea if a grinding noise is normal operation for the LSD? or is this something to be worried about?!?