C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep waiting on Magno Selenite Grey or?

Old 05-13-2017, 09:22 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Bmw
Keep waiting on Magno Selenite Grey or?

I left a deposit for a Magno selenite grey 2018 c63s coupe 2 weeks ago. My dealer just informed me that there's no stock on the magno for a July production. They asked me if I would like a color change or keep waiting on the Magno which aren't guaranteed for the next production. This is really frustrating as there seems to be no concrete date they can give me. Question is, should I stick with the Magno and probably won't get to drive it till next year with the snow here or choose a different color and have a car by August - September. Yes, I am a sad puppy

Ray

Last edited by Rayc63s; 05-13-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:43 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by Rayc63s
I left a deposit for a Magno selenite grey 2018 c63s coupe 2 weeks ago. My dealer just informed me that there's no stock on the magno for a July production. They asked me if I would like a color change or keep waiting on the Magno which aren't guaranteed for the next production. This is really frustrating as there seems to be no concrete date they can give me. Question is, should I stick with the Magno and probably won't get to drive it till next year with the snow here or choose a different color and have a car by August - September. Yes, I am a sad puppy

Ray
Sounds pretty frustrating, sorry to hear... Oh well, can't go wrong with brilliant blue .
Old 05-13-2017, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Keep waiting... it's worth it.. it's the most beautiful color on the planet earth.. plus chicks dig it... I ended up settling for red and now I can't get a girl no matter what!
Old 05-13-2017, 02:17 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
/////PRO
Get the color you want, regardless of the wait time. That's the only option as far as I'm concerned. You have to live with the color every day, and you want matte grey, so get it.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:23 PM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
2024 X5 M60i, 2018 C63S Coupe (sold)
I also have an order for a 2018 C63S coupe. If my dealer called me and told me there would be a delay on the paint color of my car, I would keep waiting. The whole reason for ordering is to get exactly what I wanted. There's a few options I would consider skipping, like black vs. silver seat belts, but definitely not exterior color. That's a must-have for me.

The only exception here is there is a normal/metallic version of the same color available for 1/3 the price, and according to the dealer, the "magno" paints are pretty high maintenance to begin with. I have no idea if the latter is true, just what I heard.

But I'd probably still wait. Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 c63s coupe
I have the edition 1 with the mango paint. Here are my 2 cents. I am rather **** and have wrapped the entire car with XPEL Stealth (matte paint protection film). This maintains the matte paint and protects it at the same time, however it has a 10 year warranties lifetime when it may need to be removed. This brings about the question of how easy it will be tO remove. Ordinary paint you can buff off the adhesive if it should get stuck on the paint, but with matte, there will need to be an alternative. So not looking forward to that day. You can save money on the paint, get the gloss grey, and put the XPEL Stealth on it for probably the same effect and not worry about removing the film.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:58 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
MB
Keep waiting ! sometimes dealers just want to move what they have in stock or production...
Old 05-14-2017, 12:52 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
Totally agree with delfty. Wait!! You have to look at the color everyday and if you settle on something else, everyday when you open your garage you're going to tell yourself, I should have waited.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by dforman15
Totally agree with delfty. Wait!! You have to look at the color everyday and if you settle on something else, everyday when you open your garage you're going to tell yourself, I should have waited.
That sounds like my situation with my wife..I should have waited for the woman I really liked instead of setting for my wife .
Old 05-14-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 C63 Coupe
For what it is worth, if money is not an object, then I would suggest you wait. But if you're wanting to save some money, you can get the regular selenite grey and apply Xpel Stealth as another member suggested and it will look very "similar" to the magno. I know this first hand as I have tried it on my selenite grey. Of course the cost to apply this maybe a wash to the additional cost to have a magno but at least now you're fully protected. Not to mention you don't need to wait as long.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:03 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by roy777
For what it is worth, if money is not an object, then I would suggest you wait. But if you're wanting to save some money, you can get the regular selenite grey and apply Xpel Stealth as another member suggested and it will look very "similar" to the magno. I know this first hand as I have tried it on my selenite grey. Of course the cost to apply this maybe a wash to the additional cost to have a magno but at least now you're fully protected. Not to mention you don't need to wait as long.
pics?
Old 05-15-2017, 08:05 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe, Triumph 675R Daytona, Triumph Explorer.
100% worth the wait.
I think 80% of the attention my car gets (it gets a lot) is due to colour.

Unlike most flat matte wraps its actually glossy at certain angles, you can see this in some of the pictures below. This results in it changing shade quite a lot depending on the light around it. It can go from from dark grey at night to silver in sunshine.

I'm also finding it ridiculously easy to maintain and clean. No swirls, on waxing, no polishing. If you get it PPF covered or not a good matte ceramic coating like Gyeon q2 matte makes it super quick to clean and maintain. This also doubles up as a masking product if you pick up any light scratches on un-protected parts of the car.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Bmw
Thank you for all the sound advices. I will wait it out and have no regrets. The thought of me seeing another person with the color and regretting a color change is unbearable.

Ray
Old 05-15-2017, 11:39 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
That sounds like my situation with my wife..I should have waited for the woman I really liked instead of setting for my wife .

HAHA! You can always trade them in too. I just don't know what that's going to cost you?!?!