Sponsored by:

New car scratch.. :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 02:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S
New car scratch.. :(

Took delivery a week ago with about 100 miles on the car. Yesterday as I was taking a photo to see if the ride height is high enough to take the stopper at my parking garage, I found some scratches on the silver pieces above the front splitter.

Only drove the car for like 200 miles on highway, and that scratches looks kind of funky. Does any of you guys have this issue?
Old 05-15-2017, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Whoa, yeah that is a really weird place to get a scratch... it didn't scratch the bottom lip at all? Looks almost like you hit a curb with the front, but I would have imagined it would have damaged the bottom portion of the bumper as well...
Old 05-15-2017, 05:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 S Coupe Edition 1
Honestly you're either bothered by scratches or you aren't. I have matte paint with a few blemishes/small scratches here and there.

I decided to not overthink it too much and just enjoy it
Old 05-15-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by H.A.
Honestly you're either bothered by scratches or you aren't. I have matte paint with a few blemishes/small scratches here and there.

TEACH ME
Old 05-15-2017, 06:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 S Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by jkob5
TEACH ME
If you have a friend, check if they notice anything wrong... I found out that 99% of people don't notice anything wrong until you point it out and they have to look very close

I decided I should join the crowd and also be the one enjoying the drive
Old 05-16-2017, 01:46 AM

C63S
Originally Posted by skim7x
Whoa, yeah that is a really weird place to get a scratch... it didn't scratch the bottom lip at all? Looks almost like you hit a curb with the front, but I would have imagined it would have damaged the bottom portion of the bumper as well...
the bottom is fine, and that's why I'm curious..don't think I've ever parked near any curb except the one in my garage, which is impossible to cause this type of scratch..
Old 05-16-2017, 01:49 AM

C63S
Originally Posted by skim7x
Originally Posted by H.A.

You are not bothered if you never noticed it haha, once you noticed it you are going to think about it lol. How many miles do you have on your car?