C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63S Edition 1 Coupe - the wait is almost over!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Evo X, C63S Edition 1 Coupe,
C63S Edition 1 Coupe - the wait is almost over!

Hi All,

I've been on the forum for a few weeks now, enjoying all the threads and pics. I've not posted much, but it's been fun looking at all customisation and tweaks people are making to their cars.

I have an Evo X FQ360 (forged block running 440 bhp) and a BMW 320d auto as a daily driver. I didn't realise that people modify Mercs just as much as Evo's. I always thought most people don't tinker with MB cars, guess I was wrong!

I ordered an C63S Edition 1 Coupe in Selenite Grey metallic in January and it's been a long, long wait since then. But, the wait is almost over. The car should be arriving from Germany into the UK next Tuesday and I should be collecting it next Saturday! Super excited!

I've got a few mods planned;

- Mode carbon front grille
- Matte black V8 Biturbo wing badges
- Matte black rear star emblem
- PPF on front for stone chips
- front window tints (light smoke)

I'm interested in lowering but don't want to loose the ability to adjust stiffness from the cabin. Also might consider wheel spacers if I can find a good place to get the right bits and fitted right.

I'll post pics once she arrives and will update once the mods are done.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:39 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Congrats mate. Sanch is your man for lowering and spacers. Check out his posts.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ml55, Ml63, Porsche, C63S ED1
you can still order edition 1s from the factory ? the dealer told me it was a one off run in production and limited in numbers but I see more of them than the standard model!
Old 05-20-2017, 02:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63s ed1
The Edition 1 is ceasing to be built from this month. Talk to a dealer for exact details.

Happy to say I ordered mine at Christmas and it's also about to arrive soon!
Old 05-20-2017, 02:20 PM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
Congratulations Gurj84. Hope all goes well!

I was told over a month ago that you can't order an Edition 1 in the UK. Other than mine I only ever saw one other in the "flesh" - a selenite grey at Sheffield Mercedes.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ml55, Ml63, Porsche, C63S ED1
Originally Posted by DragonRR

I was told over a month ago that you can't order an Edition 1 in the UK. Other than mine I only ever saw one other in the "flesh" - a selenite grey at Sheffield Mercedes.
literally I seen one in Canada and philippines and all over the place here in northern California. I wouldnt had paid premium if i knew they are more common than standard custom ordered c63s
Old 05-21-2017, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Congrats mate. Sanch is your man for lowering and spacers. Check out his posts.
Thanks bud. Appreciate the advice. In fact, it was only after seeing Sanch's pics that I considered doing it!
Old 05-21-2017, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by ruey220
you can still order edition 1s from the factory ? the dealer told me it was a one off run in production and limited in numbers but I see more of them than the standard model!
Hey Ryey220. I ordered mine back in Jan. After checking UK MB website, the Edition 1 hasn't been available on the new car configurator for a month or 2.

My dealer told me it's only available for 1 year after launch of the new C class coupe.

I've seen around 3 or 4 regular AMG C63's and only 1 Edition 1. The Edition 1 is definitely rarer on the road over where where I live.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jenko
The Edition 1 is ceasing to be built from this month. Talk to a dealer for exact details.

Happy to say I ordered mine at Christmas and it's also about to arrive soon!
Congratulations Jenko. What colour did you go for?
Bet you're super excited about picker her up!

I had my dealer change a non Edition 1 C63S build slot for me to an Edition 1, as per my spec.

If anyone is still looking for a factory order Edition 1, this might be an option. Speak to your dealer ASAP.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:31 AM

Thanks a lot DragonRR. Nice colour and car bud. I've not seen many Edition 1's around the UK. Seems rare here in London. It's quite a lot more money than the regular C63s. Wouldn't expect that many people are able to justify the extra cost.

I haven't seen another Edition 1 in metallic grey anywhere. I hope I've got a rare one
Old 05-21-2017, 05:21 AM

C63s ed1
Originally Posted by Gurj84
Congratulations Jenko. What colour did you go for?
Bet you're super excited about picker her up!

I had my dealer change a non Edition 1 C63S build slot for me to an Edition 1, as per my spec.

If anyone is still looking for a factory order Edition 1, this might be an option. Speak to your dealer ASAP.
Hi Gurj84, in Oz we only get 1 option and this is it......on the positive side they come fully loaded here, no options to add.

Needles to say I can't wait!
Attached Thumbnails C63S Edition 1 Coupe - the wait is almost over!-img_0245.jpg  
Old 05-21-2017, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Hi Gurj84, in Oz we only get 1 option and this is it......on the positive side they come fully loaded here, no options to add.

Me also... mine comes off the boat here in Brisbane this Saturday.

Still, the long wait taught me how to slow down time - buy a car that needs to be shipped from the other side of the globe!

Which wheels did you go for, RXQ (with the fat stripe) or RXR (the thin stripe)?

Last edited by LM200; 05-21-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:03 AM

C63s ed1
Originally Posted by LM200
Me also... mine comes off the boat here in Brisbane this Saturday.

Still, the long wait taught me how to slow down time - buy a car that needs to be shipped from the other side of the globe!

Which wheels did you go for, RXQ (with the fat stripe) or RXR (the thin stripe)?
Talk about long wait, I ordered a 1M when they were released and that was a 9 month wait! This is a tease now though, as the car arrives we fly off on holiday for a month so won't collect it till late June.......

I'm in Brisbane too, I bet they're sat next to each other on the ship!

I went with the RXR, only because I prefer the Y spoke style. My M4 has the straight spoke design and it does nothing for me. I was happy to see they provided an option on wheels.

Which dealer did you buy from?
Old 05-21-2017, 08:01 AM

C63
Talk about long wait, I ordered a 1M when they were released and that was a 9 month wait! This is a tease now though, as the car arrives we fly off on holiday for a month so won't collect it till late June.......

I'm in Brisbane too, I bet they're sat next to each other on the ship!

I went with the RXR, only because I prefer the Y spoke style. My M4 has the straight spoke design and it does nothing for me. I was happy to see they provided an option on wheels.

Which dealer did you buy from?
What a small world huh... I bought mine from Xayne over at MB Toowong.

Same wheels as you too, I'm not a huge fan of the yellowness of those other ones. Heck I'm even in two minds about keeping the stripes.

Enjoy the break mate.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:44 AM

Thanks a lot DragonRR. Nice colour and car bud. I've not seen many Edition 1's around the UK. Seems rare here in London. It's quite a lot more money than the regular C63s. Wouldn't expect that many people are able to justify the extra cost.

I haven't seen another Edition 1 in metallic grey anywhere. I hope I've got a rare one
It is actually slightly cheaper to get an Edition 1 with all the spec than speccing up a C63s. Certain things - like the wider sills, the yellow stitching and the matt C/F inside can't currently be specced at all. In the UK there is currently a premium for an Ed 1 on the second hand market. I sold mine last month with a very small loss from purchase price and the retailer obviously priced above RRP.. The only one I saw was actually your colour and it looked absolutely fantastic! The stripe on the grey car is very subtle but very cool.

There are some stats for sales here:
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...=mercedes+c63s

I think the saloon is mixed in but reading between the lines I reckon there are about 600 C63S premium coupes currently in the UK vs around 200 Edition 1 coupes. However! there won't be many more Edition 1s.
Save
Save

Last edited by DragonRR; 05-21-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shelby GT350R, Ford Raptor
My ED1

After almost 6 months i received my ED 1 this Friday. Coming from M4 and i must say this car is different league. At least for me..so much better...

The following users liked this post:
LM200 (05-22-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 05:23 PM

How long before you get the car? Can't be long now!
Having all equipment and no additional options makes life easier. Less things to think about.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:29 PM

It is actually slightly cheaper to get an Edition 1 with all the spec than speccing up a C63s. Certain things - like the wider sills, the yellow stitching and the matt C/F inside can't currently be specced at all. In the UK there is currently a premium for an Ed 1 on the second hand market. I sold mine last month with a very small loss from purchase price and the retailer obviously priced above RRP.. The only one I saw was actually your colour and it looked absolutely fantastic! The stripe on the grey car is very subtle but very cool.

There are some stats for sales here:
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...=mercedes+c63s

I think the saloon is mixed in but reading between the lines I reckon there are about 600 C63S premium coupes currently in the UK vs around 200 Edition 1 coupes. However! there won't be many more Edition 1s.
Save
Save
Hey bud, I've ordered an Edition 1 but the dealer couldn't get a build slot. To get me my car earlier, they changed a dealer order for a C63S non Edition 1 into an Edition 1.

I thought maybe they could do the same for someone else even after they've stopped taking new orders for the Edition 1.

How comes you sold the car? Were you not happy with it?

Thanks for sharing the stats, doesn't look like there is many Edition 1s. I'll be looking out for them. Can't wait to get mine next week!

Given the choice the yellow paint job was a step too far for me. Glad we get the option for a dark stripe and yellow only on the interior.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by masar
After almost 6 months i received my ED 1 this Friday. Coming from M4 and i must say this car is different league. At least for me..so much better...

That looks beautiful bud. Lovely colour combo. Bet you're well pleased! Are you in the UK? If so, what dealer did you buy from?

That's exactly like the one I test drove before making my order.

Enjoy mate and keep us posted on mods and experience with the car. A week still feels like too long!
Old 05-21-2017, 06:14 PM

Hey bud, I've ordered an Edition 1 but the dealer couldn't get a build slot. To get me my car earlier, they changed a dealer order for a C63S non Edition 1 into an Edition 1.

I thought maybe they could do the same for someone else even after they've stopped taking new orders for the Edition 1.

How comes you sold the car? Were you not happy with it?

Thanks for sharing the stats, doesn't look like there is many Edition 1s. I'll be looking out for them. Can't wait to get mine next week!

Given the choice the yellow paint job was a step too far for me. Glad we get the option for a dark stripe and yellow only on the interior.
If you want a very long read look for the Iridium Silver thread... otherwise - Well I had an annoying tick and creak from the driver's seat. After a number of attempts it didn't get fixed and I got to the point where I'd had enough and traded it in for an RS6. Other than that it was a brilliant car... I just have OCD for rattles, ticks and creaks sadly.

Enjoy your car mate, they are generally awesome
Old 05-22-2017, 01:53 AM

C63s ed1
Originally Posted by LM200
What a small world huh... I bought mine from Xayne over at MB Toowong.

Same wheels as you too, I'm not a huge fan of the yellowness of those other ones. Heck I'm even in two minds about keeping the stripes.

Enjoy the break mate.
It would be a really small world if you've also ordered the carbon pack to go on it!

Mine's coming out of the Valley dealer.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:26 AM

C63
It would be a really small world if you've also ordered the carbon pack to go on it!

Mine's coming out of the Valley dealer.
Ben at the Valley dealership sold me my current one, they are good guys in there. They're nearby so I'll probably still use them for servicing.

But nope, no carbon bits this time... my E1 happened to be coming off the line right as I was looking to order so I guess it was meant to be.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:50 AM

C63s ed1
How long before you get the car? Can't be long now!
Having all equipment and no additional options makes life easier. Less things to think about.
It arrives in Brisbane in the next few days, but I won't be back till late June,
Old 05-26-2017, 08:06 AM

If you want a very long read look for the Iridium Silver thread... otherwise - Well I had an annoying tick and creak from the driver's seat. After a number of attempts it didn't get fixed and I got to the point where I'd had enough and traded it in for an RS6. Other than that it was a brilliant car... I just have OCD for rattles, ticks and creaks sadly.

Enjoy your car mate, they are generally awesome
Thanks a lot

That's a bit of a shame. I can be the same about creaks and stuff like that. I hope mine doesn't have to many!

I'd love to see pics of the RS6. I rate them quite highly but haven't ever been in one. Are you enjoying ownership so far? Is it run in?
Old 05-26-2017, 09:58 AM

I don't need an enormous amount of encouragement
Here you go:

C63S Edition 1 Coupe - the wait is almost over!-img_6173b_zps6z1ggljj.jpg
C63S Edition 1 Coupe - the wait is almost over!-rs6_fl_zpsvqplvs3t.jpg
C63S Edition 1 Coupe - the wait is almost over!-img_6275a_zpsao6nx8cx.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63S Edition 1 Coupe - the wait is almost over!