Have our prayers been answered?!??!
Old 08-01-2018, 02:23 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W205 C63s
any news with OBD2 port flashing?
Old 08-30-2018, 09:46 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 mercedes c400
I hope he's successful because I really would rather not take my front bumper off and fan out to get to ECU.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Considering it’s been over a year since the last post, I’d venture to say they weren’t successful.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:11 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 mercedes c400
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Considering it’s been over a year since the last post, I’d venture to say they weren’t successful.
Yea I heard not to long ago that there may be a jb4 for the w205 c63 but it's been awhile so prob a failure there as well
Old 08-31-2018, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by White C400
Yea I heard not to long ago that there may be a jb4 for the w205 c63 but it's been awhile so prob a failure there as well
That was a dumb rumor spread by a C43 owner who has a JB4 on this forum. He said he heard from BMS themselves about C63S development, but was just stupidly just assuming it was coming since both the C43 and C63 are W205’s.

The thread has since been deleted because he was wrong and the post was filled with misinformation and speculation. There never has been any development work for a jb4 for the C63S. Disappointing regardless... but it’s not like JB4 is an OBD-II flasher. It’s a piggyback like Dinan.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:10 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S

That was a dumb rumor spread by a C43 owner who has a JB4 on this forum. He said he heard from BMS themselves about C63S development, but was just stupidly just assuming it was coming since both the C43 and C63 are W205’s.

The thread has since been deleted because he was wrong and the post was filled with misinformation and speculation. There never has been any development work for a jb4 for the C63S. Disappointing regardless... but it’s not like JB4 is an OBD-II flasher. It’s a piggyback like Dinan.
ha, yeah when I reached out to Terry, it didn’t go well. Knew him from the original N54 days and had numerous versions of JB back in the day (awesome product). My emails got intercepted by some secretary/admin/assistant and her response to my inquiry on the status of a W205 C63 tune was asking me to send a PICTURE of my engine so they could figure out if they have a product for my car ��. Just to humor her, I did, and she responded that they make nothing for my vehicle LOL. Very strange, and disappointing response.

Sort of seems odd that they make something for the 43 but not the 63. I doubt the volume is THAT much more to go after 43 owners, vs 63...unless maybe that exact tune also works on 3XX models, and they get volume that way? Wonder how much different/harder it is to code one for the 63 vs the 43. That’s not my specialty, but you’d think it might be similar difficulty. Maybe BMS can’t secure a C63 to develop on? Still, you’d think someone would loan him one for a free tune when it’s done.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:46 PM

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
'15 C63S
It's not a matter of securing a test vehicle. Any number of M17x owners would happily volunteer up their vehicle for the development of this. The issue is that AMG much more tightly controls the ECU for the 63s, which they themselves developed from the ground up. The 43s are basically tuned versions of the normal Mercedes-Benz V6 turbo engine, using the same ECU that the non-AMGs use and thus aren't as tightly encrypted and/or long been decrypted. What this means is that the actual total addressable market with the non-AMG ECUs is significantly more, and thus the $$$ needed for R&D can be recouped faster. Face it, for every M177/M176 (63 engined AMG) sold, there's probably 50-100 Mercedes-Benz V6 turbo powered engine that go off the lot. A lot more likelihood that more than 1 of those 50-100 owners will want to buy a tuner than MAYBE that 1 M17x owner. And once you've developed it for the V6T hardware-wise, you can take that hardware and just play with the tune for the C450/43. It's a matter of economics. No security is unbreachable, it's only a matter of time and money... and desire.

It's why Dinan tested the waters with the piggyback first, to see if there's enough market for everything else in their catalog like suspension & aspiration. Given I haven't heard much from the guys since they launched the piggyback.. I suspect you guys aren't buying enough of the piggybacks to justify the market.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:53 PM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by vaelin
It's not a matter of securing a test vehicle. Any number of M17x owners would happily volunteer up their vehicle for the development of this. The issue is that AMG much more tightly controls the ECU for the 63s, which they themselves developed from the ground up. The 43s are basically tuned versions of the normal Mercedes-Benz V6 turbo engine, using the same ECU that the non-AMGs use and thus aren't as tightly encrypted and/or long been decrypted. What this means is that the actual total addressable market with the non-AMG ECUs is significantly more, and thus the $$$ needed for R&D can be recouped faster. Face it, for every M177/M176 (63 engined AMG) sold, there's probably 50-100 Mercedes-Benz V6 turbo powered engine that go off the lot. A lot more likelihood that more than 1 of those 50-100 owners will want to buy a tuner than MAYBE that 1 M17x owner. And once you've developed it for the V6T hardware-wise, you can take that hardware and just play with the tune for the C450/43. It's a matter of economics. No security is unbreachable, it's only a matter of time and money... and desire.

It's why Dinan tested the waters with the piggyback first, to see if there's enough market for everything else in their catalog like suspension & aspiration. Given I haven't heard much from the guys since they launched the piggyback.. I suspect you guys aren't buying enough of the piggybacks to justify the market.
To be fair, I haven’t seen any updates or improvements or anything for the Dinan, on their end. How long hasn’t it been, and there’s still no Bluetooth and map switching with the phone? No mention of CANBUS integration for exhaust valve control, or tweaking launch parameters to control torque off the line, etc etc. The list goes on, but it’s ridiculous they haven’t even finished the app for Bluetooth yet.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:03 PM

'15 C63S
Well they never promised map switching, CANBUS, launch parameters etc. There was a thread saying it was possible, just like all the other products are possible. But given the lack of overall market interest, I suspect the 1-2 guys they have working on the app have other vehicles that are more popular that they've got to work on first.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:07 PM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by vaelin
Well they never promised map switching, CANBUS, launch parameters etc. There was a thread saying it was possible, just like all the other products are possible. But given the lack of overall market interest, I suspect the 1-2 guys they have working on the app have other vehicles that are more popular that they've got to work on first.
agreed for all except the map switching via phone. Somewhere (forget if it was on their thread on their site), it said “coming soon”
Old 08-31-2018, 02:08 PM

'15 C63S
It was mostly a map switch between stock and tune.. so that you wouldn't have to use the dongle.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
I'd have to agree with Nova. Maybe if Dinan had more updates or new product offerings to support the C63S they would have more interest. Right now, you only buy Dinan if you want to stay stage 1 forever. No support for catless downpipes which is fine for me as I never intend on adding aftermarket DP's. But it limits an already small market.

Not to mention, have you seen any marketing whatsoever from Dinan? I can almost guarantee if you told an M3/M4 your C63S was running a Dinan tune they'd look at you sideways and laugh like you had no clue what you were talking about.

Dinan could have even supplied a shop car or customer car with their tune installed to some car YouTuber's. The release and marketing was a pretty pathetic effort on their part in this day and age of everything digital... do you ever see anything AMG on their instagram page? They don't care, they know their audience and where they make the most money. And it's not AMG.

Oh, and add me as another waiting for that bluetooth map switching as well. That's a feature I thought would be available from launch and would be very convenient compared to the **** show that is dongle switching (putting car to sleep, disconnecting battery, etc...)

Last edited by AlexZTuned; 08-31-2018 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
I'd have to agree with Nova. Maybe if Dinan had more updates or new product offerings to support the C63S they would have more interest. Right now, you only buy Dinan if you want to stay stage 1 forever. No support for catless downpipes which is fine for me as I never intend on adding aftermarket DP's. But it limits an already small market.

Not to mention, have you seen any marketing whatsoever from Dinan? I can almost guarantee if you told an M3/M4 your C63S was running a Dinan tune they'd look at you sideways and laugh like you had no clue what you were talking about.

Dinan could have even supplied a shop car or customer car with their tune installed to some car YouTuber's. The release and marketing was a pretty pathetic effort on their part in this day and age of everything digital... do you ever see anything AMG on their instagram page? They don't care, they know their audience and where they make the most money. And it's not AMG.

Oh, and add me as another waiting for that bluetooth map switching as well. That's a feature I thought would be available from launch and would be very convenient compared to the **** show that is dongle switching (putting car to sleep, disconnecting battery, etc...)
As support of what you say, I've noted that they've marked down the price below $2K on their website. I hope they keep producing it and supporting it.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:59 PM

'15 C63S
Support I'm sure they would, but I suspect it didn't sell nearly as well as they expected.