Sponsored by:

C63 AMG Newb w/ Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2017 | 10:22 AM
Veteran: Air Force

2017 AMG C63
Question C63 AMG Newb w/ Questions

I just bought a '17 C63 AMG Cabriolet yesterday, and am very excited to be a new owner of such an awesome vehicle. Cutting right to the chase, I have some newbie questions that I hope the group can help with:

1. I need a sunshade right away. I know I can go to Wal-Mart or a host of other stores, but I want something of premium quality, that will be a great fit to the windshield. Optionally, an AMG logo on the sun facing side.

2. Window tint and Clear Bra or not. Because I live in Florida, getting my windows tinted seems an obvious thing to do. And because every vehicle I've owned going back more than 10 years has had a Clear Bra, I'm leaning towards having one put on my C63 AMG. However, this is the first vehicle I've ever leased, so I'm wondering if it's worth the out of pocket expense, given that I could very well return the vehicle after the three-year lease.

3. There is a paper that came with the vehicle, listing a dealer installed option, which is Mercedes-Benz 1st Class Interior & Exterior Protection, for $599. Can someone explain what this includes, and is it standard for all MB dealers to include on these vehicles?

4. After the 1,000 mile break-in period, is there an initial service due at the dealer? I believe the service manual says the first service is 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.

5. What are the oil/filter change intervals, and must they be performed at the dealer, or can they be completed at an independent store?

6. For scheduled service, is a package from MB worth it, or would it be better just to pay as you go?

Thanks for adding me to the group, and I thank you in advance for the answers to my questions.
Old 07-10-2017 | 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W205 AMG forum...
Old 07-11-2017 | 10:15 AM

2019 E63s
If you are local to South Florida
follow us on IG @Miami_benz_club I also have a cabriolet as well as a sedan. I could help you out with some of your questions
Old 07-11-2017 | 11:57 AM

2017 C63s Sedan | 2016 Yukon XL Denali
Originally Posted by Chuckman
I just bought a '17 C63 AMG Cabriolet yesterday, and am very excited to be a new owner of such an awesome vehicle. Cutting right to the chase, I have some newbie questions that I hope the group can help with:

1. I need a sunshade right away. I know I can go to Wal-Mart or a host of other stores, but I want something of premium quality, that will be a great fit to the windshield. Optionally, an AMG logo on the sun facing side.

2. Window tint and Clear Bra or not. Because I live in Florida, getting my windows tinted seems an obvious thing to do. And because every vehicle I've owned going back more than 10 years has had a Clear Bra, I'm leaning towards having one put on my C63 AMG. However, this is the first vehicle I've ever leased, so I'm wondering if it's worth the out of pocket expense, given that I could very well return the vehicle after the three-year lease.

3. There is a paper that came with the vehicle, listing a dealer installed option, which is Mercedes-Benz 1st Class Interior & Exterior Protection, for $599. Can someone explain what this includes, and is it standard for all MB dealers to include on these vehicles?

4. After the 1,000 mile break-in period, is there an initial service due at the dealer? I believe the service manual says the first service is 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.

5. What are the oil/filter change intervals, and must they be performed at the dealer, or can they be completed at an independent store?

6. For scheduled service, is a package from MB worth it, or would it be better just to pay as you go?

Thanks for adding me to the group, and I thank you in advance for the answers to my questions.
I'll help with as much as I know....
1. Can't speak to this as mine lives in the garage

2. Living in a hot climate as well, I would recommend tint for sure as well as clear bra. It's an expense, but worth it IMO - even if you lease

3. Don't know about this. I would check with the dealer

4. You have a differential service at 1750 miles IIRC. Cost me a couple hundred bucks

5. You have service A and service B that happen at 10k and 20k miles respectively. You can go to an authorized MB service provider, but I personally would stick with the dealer.

6. I opted not to go for the package as I didn't feel it would save enough in the long run and the dealer usually gives pretty good deals on service.