Sponsored by:

Advice for on Track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63S
Advice for on Track

All, any advice for taking a C63S sedan on track (Thunderhill)?

I've not driven anything as heavy on track, so I'll take it easy. On the one hand, I suppose it will push on corner entry, but then the rears to break loose on corner exit.

I have new rotors, pads and 65% life in the tires. Any known issues? What's the first to flag? I suppose the breaks.

One small question - where is the rear tow hook attachment point? Behind the license plate? I've obviously not looked closely. I will.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2017, 06:27 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
C63S Estate
They are very impressive on track - surprisingly capable given the weight. I've had many flat out runs at Phillip Island here in Australia courtesy of AMG drive days and the cars never cease to amaze. Even a C63S estate is an absolute weapon on track. There is good grip and when it does let go at the rear there is enough balance for even modest wheelsmiths to catch and carry on. You can run in Sport or Sport plus if you want to system to help keep control without too much interference. The torque of the engine will not cease to amaze and a fantastic treat to let it rip on track.

Look for the blanking plate in your rear diffuser for the tow hook point - easy to find when you look for it. No need to take the license plate off.